Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2012

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 240 ✭✭Nervous Nigel

Tried calling them about 5 times, no answer....worried!

Lines open at 8.

Keep the head...you'll be fine hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ted2767

Massive congrads to all who passed and commiserations to those who failed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Jamesw2

Lads, failed core passed audit elective. Got all yellows except one red red in Bus Leadership. Got an overall decile in core of 8. Should I get a recheck. Is it worth it or am i far off the mark? PS Congrats to all who passedX

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Username2011

I was talking to them at 7 so lines are already open...keep trying

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Szewinska

failed elective and got core. congrats all who passed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Woohoo passed, delighted to be finally finished.

Commiserations to those who didn't, I know it's not a nice feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jamesgreenpark

get in!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭costacurta

Jamesw2 wrote: »
    Lads, failed core passed audit elective. Got all yellows except one red red in Bus Leadership. Got an overall decile in core of 8. Should I get a recheck. Is it worth it or am i far off the mark? PS Congrats to all who passedX

I'm in the same boat, I got a decile of 6 and sufficiency of 0. Got a red in business leadership. Gutted about it

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭so_bored.com

Fail in both! Gutted!! Sufficiency 1 and decile rating 8 in tax, would there b any point of a remark?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭R0N BURGUNDY

Probably better to see the draft answer and then compare to yours before getting it remarked. I don't have a clue how I got a red in tax. Would have said it was one of my strongest areas before the exam. That pish about having no tax on the first day has messed me up I think! Maybe should have focused more on it in the 2nd day. Melt

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Can't believe it. I passed. I never allowed myself for one minute believe that it was possible. Decile 7 in Core. I must of just scraped it:)

Congratulations to all who passed.

If you didn't go and do something you really enjoy this weekend. You deserve it for all the work and stress you've had to go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭RT2010

Passed both! Actually can't believe it! Hard luck to anyone who didn't get over the line this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭so_bored.com

How is it possible to get a decile ranking of 10 but a sufficiency of 2 in core? When the decile rating is based on sufficiency?

Is there a list of people who placed?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭pepp

How is it possible to get a decile ranking of 10 but a sufficiency of 2 in core? When the decile rating is based on sufficiency?
    Decile just shows which percentage range you are in its not actually linked to sufficiency I think

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭notanocelot

I suppose people bunch in closely together in performance so being 2 competency levels away from passing sufficiency would be in decile 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭costacurta

I suppose people bunch in closely together in performance so being 2 competency levels away from passing sufficiency would be in decile 10.

Silly question but with a decile of 6 and sufficiency of 0, would it be worthwhile getting a recheck?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭MPBC123

costacurta wrote: »
    Silly question but with a decile of 6 and sufficiency of 0, would it be worthwhile getting a recheck?
    If I were u I wud, that's wat I got & I passed, must have just scraped thru.

Have a read of the way they mark the papers.

If you're borderline, your script gets remarked so personally I wouldn't but it's your call.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭silverwatch

Got a decile rating of 8, failed on tax. 5th time sitting them. Beyond gutted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 whytenc

MPBC123 wrote: »
    If I were u I wud, that's wat I got & I passed, must have just scraped thru.

Just so you know, the appeal is just an admin exercise...they just recount the marks, they dont remark the paper at all....hard to believe for all that money!!

The decile doesn't determine if you pass or fail its just recording where on the scale of everyone you are what matters in core is sufficiency and breadth and if you have zero sufficiency then what breadth did you get? If you got 1 red I would think about a remark maybe. In elective sufficiency of zero would be a pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Jamesw2

I got a decile 8 in core sufficiency of 0. One red in BL, all yellows in the rest. Should I recheck?

Very true, it will cost a lot of money & waiting for months for reply so mayb think bout it for few days before deciding what to do

So did that email crap turn out to be true?

No

No, I never got email & I passed.

Jamesw2 wrote: »
    I got a decile 8 in core sufficiency of 0. One red in BL, all yellows in the rest. Should I recheck?
    It sounds like a borderline maybe. the only thing is its very expensive and takes ages for them to come to decision but I mean it depends on your circumstances really you can see the process on the website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Congrats to those that passed, and those that didn't, well it'll be all the sweeter when you do!

• Advertisement

I got:

Y Y R Y G G and decile 7, sufficiency 0

Don't think I'll even bother with remark. Must have messed up the share v asset sale question.

Advertisement