Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

Can someone post the results on boards? Can't access the site

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭pepp

Locomotion wrote: »
    Can someone post the results on boards? Can't access the site
    You log onto student portal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

3rd time lucky with elective, passed thank god! Commiserations to those who failed I know the feeling well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

Passed, delighted, just want to thank everyone on here for the help and support during that HELL.

For those that didnt, it will come eventually and try not to dwell on it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 yybaby2011

Congrads to all who passed and commiserations to those who failed.Thanks for all the supports here.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 240 ✭✭Nervous Nigel

I wouldn't have made it over the line if it wasn't for Paul Monahan.

Anyone that has been unlucky today and any 2013 students could do a lot worse than ensure that they at least attend every Paul Monahan lecture.

I'd recommend even bunking out of the case study days with the other bluffers and into Paul Monahan's one even if you're going through a case that you've already covered with him.

Nobody gets FAE like that man. Plus he's a gent.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭notanocelot

I got:

Y Y R Y G G and decile 7, sufficiency 0

Don't think I'll even bother with remark. Must have messed up the share v asset sale question.

Greens in PM and BL? Oh man, that is such bad luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Moorstown

Yes, get in there! Finally!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 haribo12

This is my second time not getting them any point sitting them again ??

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭pepp

haribo12 wrote: »
    This is my second time not getting them any point sitting them again ??
    I'm not going to its my second time too passed core failed elective twice now I'm completely drained I can go through another year of hell!

• Advertisement

pepp wrote: »
    I'm not going to its my second time too passed core failed elective twice now I'm completely drained I can go through another year of hell!

What are you going to do ??

pepp wrote: »

Which elective are you doing?

Don't give up. Today must be tough but you've done the hardest bit. Anyone who had passed CAP2 and Core deserves praise. They're the hardest bits. You'd be mad to jump ship now. You will pass.

Which elective are you doing?

Don't give up. Today must be tough but you've done the hardest bit. Anyone who had passed CAP2 and Core deserves praise. They're the hardest bits. You'd be mad to jump ship now. You will pass.

I went down in both again what would you suggest ??

I went down in both again what would you suggest ??

How close were you?

You've passed CAP2 which is an achievement in itself. Your choices would seem to be switching to ACCA or giving ACA another run.

Did you do the CGS this year, go to grinds and did you attend lectures the first time?

Don't decide anything today while you're still raw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Congratulations to all those who passed their exams today. Also commiserations to those who didnt.

We placed a number of candidates last year who didnt get their exams - there is a good market for those out of contract and maybe looking to get some industry experience.

PM if you are interested.

How close were you?

You've passed CAP2 which is an achievement in itself. Your choices would seem to be switching to ACCA or giving ACA another run.

Did you do the CGS this year, go to grinds and did you attend lectures the first time?

Don't decide anything today while you're still raw.
    Went down in two areas pm and IMP ?

No didn't go to the cgs school this year,

What would u do If you were in my shoes ??

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭notanocelot

Congratulations to all those who passed their exams today. Also commiserations to those who didnt.

We placed a number of candidates last year who didnt get their exams - there is a good market for those out of contract and maybe looking to get some industry experience.

PM if you are interested.

Guys, also check out the Morgan McKinley partnership with CASSI on the CASSI website.

Went down in two areas pm and IMP ?

No didn't go to the cgs school this year,

What would u do If you were in my shoes ??

I'd give it a go.

You're a smart person...otherwise you wouldn't have made it this far.

I'd do the CGS (I've never been but friends of mine swear by it). I'd start working on my standards now with the AAFRP in mind (getting a C in that is a big step although I got an RC).

Don't give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭R0N BURGUNDY

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭chursy

PASSED!!!!!! This was my second time doing both Elective and Core!!! Absolutely over the moon! thoughts are with the people who weren't as lucky. Frankly that is what this exam is. I think everyone has worked really hard over the three months or so and if you are not on the other side its just due to the marking scheme.

Had i failed today, i would have certainly gone through the ACCA route, its much straight forward and easier, my strong recommendation would be to go down that route. Feel free to message me if you need further info on exemptions etc.

Thanks to everyone on boards for the help and support! its been well worth it.... Ahhh Time to get some Locus Coffee!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭AB6891

Hi All,

New to the thread, congrats to all who passed!

I failed core for 2nd time, last year tax, this year IMP.

Could just about handle tax last year but to fail on IMP is a real kick in the teeth. Do people think it is worth appealing, had a look at paper and feel i answered IMP indicators and did enough to get 'marginally met'.

Anybody else in same both. Replies and advice are much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭WeeDeee

AB6891 wrote: »
    Hi All,

New to the thread, congrats to all who passed!

I failed core for 2nd time, last year tax, this year IMP.

Could just about handle tax last year but to fail on IMP is a real kick in the teeth. Do people think it is worth appealing, had a look at paper and feel i answered IMP indicators and did enough to get 'marginally met'.

Anybody else in same both. Replies and advice are much appreciated.

I failed on IMP too go yellows in the rest and sufficiency of zero, dont really see a point in appealing I knew myself I went down on that one, but its worth a try I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭R0N BURGUNDY

That is the problem I have with trying again next year - I worry that I would end up failing something new. That would kill me. ACCA less risky to be fair!!

That is the problem I have with trying again next year - I worry that I would end up failing something new. That would kill me. ACCA less risky to be fair!!
    You going changing to acca ya??

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MBMD

Could some one who has passed both Core and the Elective let me know how they structured their study over the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭figrolls

Did they not but up the list of placed people? We'd a feeling a girl from work would be on it and wanted to check ...

WeeDeee wrote: »
    I failed on IMP too go yellows in the rest and sufficiency of zero, dont really see a point in appealing I knew myself I went down on that one, but its worth a try I suppose
    Are you going to appeal?

I got 2 green in BL and PM, yellow in rest, can't believe I'm let down by IMP, gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭WeeDeee

Are you going to appeal?

I got 2 green in BL and PM, yellow in rest, can't believe I'm let down by IMP, gutted.

Its 30 euro so its worth a try but dont think it will make a difference to be honest

Don't let them knock you, if it's only 1 element it can be done, that's how I am looking at it. There is no way I have come this far to give up at final hurdle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 MBMD

Don't let them knock you, if it's only 1 element it can be done, that's how I am looking at it. There is no way I have come this far to give up at final hurdle.

Good Advice, i feel the same way

Advertisement