Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭chursy

I need the solutions for the following cases
    - Marlborough House Limited
    - Tekron

Cases attached below. These are new cases uploaded and just wondering if anyone know the where abouts of the solutions for these.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Chalk_Farm

chursy wrote: »
    I need the solutions for the following cases
    - Marlborough House Limited
    - Tekron

Cases attached below. These are new cases uploaded and just wondering if anyone know the where abouts of the solutions for these.

When you say these are new cases put up, you mean to the Student Centre section of CAI website...how come I can't see these..where are they do ya know..cheers!

Chalk_Farm wrote: »
    When you say these are new cases put up, you mean to the Student Centre section of CAI website...how come I can't see these..where are they do ya know..cheers!

I am enrolled on the revision course and the institute have a tendency to put up a notice and then just add the case anywhere! these were upload this week/last week not sure so just look at the notices perhaps

I am enrolled on the revision course and the institute have a tendency to put up a notice and then just add the case anywhere! these were upload this week/last week not sure so just look at the notices perhaps

Sorry for asking again but what revision course is that, is it something seperate to the standard FAE lectures. I've heard people mentioning it before and was always confused - I didn't know if it was the induction course or what?? Thanks

Chalk_Farm wrote: »

Sorry for asking again but what revision course is that, is it something seperate to the standard FAE lectures. I've heard people mentioning it before and was always confused - I didn't know if it was the induction course or what?? Thanks

I am repeating hence had to pay for this this year which basically gives you access to new material for 2012 this should be there on the main session as well

• Advertisement

I am repeating hence had to pay for this this year which basically gives you access to new material for 2012 this should be there on the main session as well

Ah gotcha!

Hmmm, you would think it would be uploaded to student centre but it's not! Typical institute...either that or I'm blind. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 49 faer2203

kitten_k wrote: »
    For anybody looking for notes / cases it is a good idea to look at the attachment on last years FAE thread as some very useful things were posted. I have bumped the thread so it is on the first page.

Without clicking into the thread, click on the paperclip icon beside it on the main page and this will bring you to a list of all the attachments.

Is it for the thread entitled FAE 2011 Where to begin, just new to this, how do you sort by attachment?

Thanks!!

thats it - so on the main page i.e the accountacy forum where you see all the threads - there is a paperclip icon on the right of the thread name e.g FAE SEP 2010 .........(paperclip icon),,,, Click this and you will see all attachments people have uploaded and download whatever you need!! have fun!

thats it - so on the main page i.e the accountacy forum where you see all the threads - there is a paperclip icon on the right of the thread name e.g FAE SEP 2010 .........(paperclip icon),,,, Click this and you will see all attachments people have uploaded and download whatever you need!! have fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 faer2203

Thanks for that!!

• Advertisement

Hi all

How are people going about finance and management accounting ? The notes from the institute are really bad.

Any tips would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

I use the F5, F9, P5 & P4 ACCA books. Much much better. Also just whenever you come across a topic you are finding tough, google the concept and use stuff like wiki or investopedia. Didn't use either of the institutes books because they were trash.

does someone has grind notes for finance and management account either from this year or last year for FAE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Accrual Intentions

kitten_k wrote: »
    I don't have the solutions for Bill Williams or UniformRUs but here are the questions you were looking for.

Thats great, cheers.

guys - does anyone have a most up to date list of cases or the audit elective - Split between the 2012/2011 cases and past paper/sample papers/mock exams etc

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Anyone doing the MABF case studies books?Or are they too detailed?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Ciara471

Whiplash85 wrote: »
    Anyone doing the MABF case studies books?Or are they too detailed?

No, they're too detailed. I did the FAEs last year and even the lecturers said not to do them as they're time wasting and they'll also scare you. I've never looked at one and I don't plan to. (In the interest of honesty, I also failed last year!)

Hey,
    I posted up all the cases I have a few pages ago so if anyone needs any of them let me know. The ones I'm missing are:

Questions for:
    Building Fixes
    Byrne Ltd
    Datatech
    Dodgy Construction
    GEMs
    Globaltech
    Irish Italien Food Partnerships
    O'Reilly Mortgages
    St. Bernards
    Surf Shop
    Victoria
    You Look Fantastic

Solutions for:

Bill Williams
    Marlborough House
    Tekron

Anyone who helps will get enough good karma that they'll pass their exams :)

Ciara471 wrote: »
    Hey,
    I posted up all the cases I have a few pages ago so if anyone needs any of them let me know. The ones I'm missing are:

Questions for:
    Building Fixes
    Byrne Ltd
    Datatech
    Dodgy Construction
    GEMs
    Globaltech
    Irish Italien Food Partnerships
    O'Reilly Mortgages
    St. Bernards
    Surf Shop
    Victoria
    You Look Fantastic

Solutions for:

Bill Williams
    Marlborough House
    Tekron

Anyone who helps will get enough good karma that they'll pass their exams :)

have you checked the attachments for 2011 thread - alot of these cases are from last year so should have have them there.

have you checked the attachments for 2011 thread - alot of these cases are from last year so should have have them there.

Yeah I've checked all through this entire thread and the 2011 thread, no sign of them anywhere.

• Advertisement

Ciara471 wrote: »
    Yeah I've checked all through this entire thread and the 2011 thread, no sign of them anywhere.

my bad - think all your cases are from 2010! the institute has uploaded solutions for these and forgot to put the questions.Most of these were provided to people in resource pack in 2010 and unfortunately i dont have the soft copies for these, but i am sure someone will have for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Moorstown

FAE Revision Tax Planning Lecture

Did anyone else watch the above lecture.

I felt it was really unproductive.

Any thoughts?

Moorstown wrote: »
    FAE Revision Tax Planning Lecture

Did anyone else watch the above lecture.

I felt it was really unproductive.

Any thoughts?

For tax you must read the book chapter by chapter and then basically revise everything from the notes that were uploaded here of the guy who got placed. The notes are a summary of the book and very good!!!! I couldnt jump to them directly as tax is a subject which you forget very quickly!!!

There is alot of stuff in tax, it took me a week!....issues will get polished when you jump to cases its all the same again n again

Guys

Keen to know how people are going about Finance and Management accounting
    What topics?
    For Finance - Sources of Finance /Valuations/Ratios/ various investment techniques. Anything else anyone is doing?

What about management account? Do we need to master the calculations for all the types of costing etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭EveT

the mock solutions are up, def say am in NC for most!

solutions mocks

solutions mocks

mocks

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Apollo_Creed

Guys

Keen to know how people are going about Finance and Management accounting
    What topics?
    For Finance - Sources of Finance /Valuations/Ratios/ various investment techniques. Anything else anyone is doing?

What about management account? Do we need to master the calculations for all the types of costing etc?

For Management Accounting, I am just going over the cases done in the lectures at the minute. Then going to attempt some of the other cases from the book (but in very draft format, cos there is way too much info in them). From there, I spose will see how I am going and might need more revision. And then onto the real cases.

For Management Accounting, I am just going over the cases done in the lectures at the minute. Then going to attempt some of the other cases from the book (but in very draft format, cos there is way too much info in them). From there, I spose will see how I am going and might need more revision. And then onto the real cases.

Another thing i am confused about is when to jump on the cases !!! cause i dont feel i have covered enough to get on to the cases!! How are people going about their preps are you doing a mix of both! or still kinda going through material and will be jumping to cases from next week!

speaking to people from last year i am told that majority of the BL element will be taken care off by the cases once you have TAX, Reporting, mgt account and Finance covered!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Mr Grind

Re Quancore Q,

2010 Code of Practice for Revenue Audits

I missed this Case Study Day. Did lecturers recommend printing of the code or will this question cover any questions

Advertisement