Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Just working through Central City Colleges case. I would have thought there was an ethics indicator as they were looking for advice from your firm and not their own auditors. Anyone else see an ethics issue here?

As we are not their auditors it's ok for us to provide consultancy advice. Answered my own question here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

EveT wrote: »
    does anyone have a copy of finance reference material with discount tables etc? Like what we would have got in cap 1 closed book finance exam, I cant see it on the institute site :(

Thanks!

You can download them here: http://students.charteredaccountants.ie/Student-Information/Exams/Papers-Solutions-Reports/Papers/CAP11/Exam-Papers-Summer-20111/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

reo49 wrote: »
    Your mad!

How so?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭EveT

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭upnorthchick

Has anyone got the notes for the revision class regarding strategy and marketing? i have emailed Paul a couple times for them but no joy !
    thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭costacurta

rums08 wrote: »
    I just signed up for the MABF and BL revision sessions in CGS.

As someone suggested, I will probably buy the FR and audit elective book.

Fingers crossed!

Does the chartered grinds school have revision books available?

I cant go to the financial and management accounting class - could you put the information you receive up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭chursy

somebody has the flashfashion case please???

Can someone upload slides for Sean Murrey Corporate Governance Lecture for ROI - Its an online session of 1 hour in the audit core?

Thanks

Solutions to the following cases anyone?

Canny Milking Equipment
    Marlborough House Ltd
    Tekron Ltd

• Advertisement

Solutions to the following cases anyone?

Canny Milking Equipment
    Marlborough House Ltd
    Tekron Ltd

Canny and Tekron attached - Can you see if you have any of the documents i am looking for above?

Thanks Chursy. I've no access to this years material but for Corporate Governance there is more than enough information in the cases to cover you because the same things keep popping up. Too much material will only bog you down because it's just duplication. For audit in the core there's only a certain amount they can ask like procedures, audit risks and internal controls. The cases cover all the main areas. It's management accounting/finance that's getting me a bit worried, seems to be pretty heavy in the newer cases.

Any one got the actual cases to Canny equipment and eflash fashions?

Any one got the actual cases to Canny equipment and eflash fashions?

Canny is definitely on this thread somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Butterflyguy

chursy wrote: »
    LIST OF AUDIT ELECTIVE CASES ( EXCLUDING MOCKS/PAST PAPERS/SAMPLE PAPERS)

1 Cool it
    2 Whelan Engineering Limited
    3 Dexter
    4 Zeb Dallas
    5 Pybex Limited
    6 Ebony
    7 Perchant Hotels
    8 Mulligan Ltd
    9 Kerrigans Medical Devices
    10 Chemical Sisters
    11 White Distributors
    12 Red Ireland
    13 Sullivan Groceries
    14 Fundi Ltd
    15 Moon Designs
    16 RBG
    17 Baker
    18 Nothcee
    19 Julliet ltd
    20 Cusiter Ltd
    21 Burke Mechanicals
    22 Carcas
    23 Interplant & Tangent
    24 Pension Fund
    25 RAPS
    26 SX Maxx

I am missing the Q&A for the following
    21 Burke Mechanicals
    22 Carcas
    23 Interplant & Tangent
    24 Pension Fund
    25 RAPS
    26 SX Maxx

Would someone please be able to upload these and do a good deed of the day! - If you need anything else from the above list please let me know.

Hi Chursy - Would you mind posting the cases&solutions that you do have from the above list? Or if this is too much hassle, could you tell me where to find these?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Chalk_Farm

Did anybody attend the Chartered Grind School lectures for either Audit Elective or Management Account/Finance yet?? Any good???

Can someone upload slides for Sean Murrey Corporate Governance Lecture for ROI - Its an online session of 1 hour in the audit core?

Thanks

I was wondering the same I have the slides but it says NI on them, can't find the ROI ones unless they are the same!?

Chalk_Farm wrote: »
    I was wondering the same I have the slides but it says NI on them, can't find the ROI ones unless they are the same!?

Ok just checked out the session video and saw that there is Slides for ROI also!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 rums08

costacurta wrote: »
    Does the chartered grinds school have revision books available?

Yes you can buy the revision materials separately.
    I rang them yesterday in order to buy the Auditing and FR book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 rums08

I cant go to the financial and management accounting class - could you put the information you receive up ?

Sure will do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bluebell27

Chalk_Farm wrote: »
    Did anybody attend the Chartered Grind School lectures for either Audit Elective or Management Account/Finance yet?? Any good???

I'm not doing the audit elective but did CGS for all the core subjects and found them great. Would be totally lost right now if it wasn't for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭mrduffy

why would you be totally lost institute have plenty of notes and books for you to study I do not understand why you need grinds! How would it help me ?

I'm assuming you get these books if you have booked a grind course with them!?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bluebell27

mrduffy wrote: »
    why would you be totally lost institute have plenty of notes and books for you to study I do not understand why you need grinds! How would it help me ?

I had forgotten a lot of what I did at cap2 as due to repeats was 2010 since I last did most of the subjects. I found some of the institute lectures good but other lectures I attended I didn't find helpful at all. Might not work for everyone but personally I learned a lot from CGS who have great lecturers who were able to make concepts I had previously struggled with seem much more manageable.

Thanks

Found it, wasn't looking hard enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭costacurta

How much were they, if you dont mind me asking?

Thanks Chursy. I've no access to this years material but for Corporate Governance there is more than enough information in the cases to cover you because the same things keep popping up. Too much material will only bog you down because it's just duplication. For audit in the core there's only a certain amount they can ask like procedures, audit risks and internal controls. The cases cover all the main areas. It's management accounting/finance that's getting me a bit worried, seems to be pretty heavy in the newer cases.

i agree with you completely!!! With management accounting are you going back to practicing the questions from the book?

Reporting i think derry cotter book should cover enough, the rest is luck would say if they want to screw they will do it anyways =) Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

i agree with you completely!!! With management accounting are you going back to practicing the questions from the book?

Reporting i think derry cotter book should cover enough, the rest is luck would say if they want to screw they will do it anyways =) Thanks again

Hey chursy

Check out the F5 and P5 acca papers. Enough Mgmt accounting in there to make your head spin.
    I'd say the standard is also similar to what is expected of us, not quite as dense as the MABF books.

Good call ferike1 on past ACCA papers, I think your on to something there. ACCA is such a better system all round but I won't complain at this stage. I'm just glad I have a final stab at these fae's.

• Advertisement

LIST OF AUDIT ELECTIVE CASES ( EXCLUDING MOCKS/PAST PAPERS/SAMPLE PAPERS)

1 Cool it
    2 Whelan Engineering Limited
    3 Dexter
    4 Zeb Dallas
    5 Pybex Limited
    6 Ebony
    7 Perchant Hotels
    8 Mulligan Ltd
    9 Kerrigans Medical Devices
    10 Chemical Sisters
    11 White Distributors
    12 Red Ireland
    13 Sullivan Groceries
    14 Fundi Ltd
    15 Moon Designs
    16 RBG
    17 Baker
    18 Nothcee
    19 Julliet ltd
    20 Cusiter Ltd
    21 Burke Mechanicals
    22 Carcas
    23 Interplant & Tangent
    24 Pension Fund
    25 RAPS
    26 SX Maxx

I am missing the Q&A for the following
    21 Burke Mechanicals
    22 Carcas
    23 Interplant & Tangent
    24 Pension Fund
    25 RAPS
    26 SX Maxx

Would someone please be able to upload these and do a good deed of the day! - If you need anything else from the above list please let me know.

Hi Chursy - Would you mind posting the cases&solutions that you do have from the above list? Or if this is too much hassle, could you tell me where to find these?

Thanks

Check out the audit elective thread I have uploaded the missing cases there. There are about 6-8 cases at the end of two elective handouts which are on the list above. There are case studies from last year and from what they gave out this year.

Are you a repeat student ? If not you should have access to all material. Let me know which ones you are missing and I will put them up

Advertisement