Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭mrduffy

Have written morning off watching the boxing to lift my spirits ! my Spirit has seemed to waned off trying to do tax and case studies yesterday:( Tireness maybe to blame I take berroca boost every morning and it seems to be as good as a smartie

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭upnorthchick

Has anyone good management notes made?? and what was thought of the target costing attachment put up earlier!

im in work trying to read up on stuff on the sly!! not very professional but needs must!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Accrual Intentions

reo49 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the 2011 FAE annotated report been published yet? If so, has anyone got a copy of it?

I believe it is here

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Siobhang4

Has anyone a list/summary of all the reliefs for tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭chursy

Siobhang4 wrote: »
    Has anyone a list/summary of all the reliefs for tax.

see the notes of the DT guy its all there. best notes for tax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Siobhang4

chursy wrote: »
    see the notes of the DT guy its all there. best notes for tax

Thanks for responding! :) DT Guy??? are they the tax notes in the attachements?? Where do i find them?

Last day of the core.. Paul said that tax usually comes up in the form of the relief for the core and that should have an A4 page with list of all relief just to have them at the top of your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭reo49

I believe it is here

That is the board report.

That is an NC for you in that indicator.

reo49 wrote: »
    That is the board report.

That is an NC for you in that indicator.

Oh no, back to the books!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Guys any explanation why there's not an ethical indicator in Thorpe Clinic similar to indicator 1 in Bay Trading?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭froggatt2011

BESman wrote: »
    Agree with this point. Technical calculations are not the focus of the FAE exam, that's what CAP 1 & 2 are for. I think it's going to be a matter of identifying the relevant areas of theory to apply to the case. Not touching ACCA papers!

What about past FAE papers as in MABF? Too technical for the new style FAE?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 rums08

Anyone know where I can find the FAE sample papers on the website?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭chursy

Siobhang4 wrote: »
    Thanks for responding! :) DT Guy??? are they the tax notes in the attachements?? Where do i find them?

Last day of the core.. Paul said that tax usually comes up in the form of the relief for the core and that should have an A4 page with list of all relief just to have them at the top of your head.

see attached have a look at previous posts

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bluebell27

Can't sleep this morning & decided to check mock results. Mine don't seem to be showing under the correct headings. Is this the same for everyone else or is it just because I'm using my iPod to open the page?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 maccy

Mine isnt showing an overall or core result. Should it? Shows a decile ranking and result for the elective.:S

maccy wrote: »
    Mine isnt showing an overall or core result. Should it? Shows a decile ranking and result for the elective.:S

That's what mine is showing maccy. Seem to have a decile ranking for elective too but it's showing as a number on the second line so wasn't sure if it was correct.

bluebell27 wrote: »

That's what mine is showing maccy. Seem to have a decile ranking for elective too but it's showing as a number on the second line so wasn't sure if it was correct.

Click on the download icon. This opens an excel spreadsheet with breakdown of indicators.

I got reds and yellows in core, decile ranking 1, sufficiency 8. Total fail! Not a green in sight :(

Pass in APM with decile ranking 1. Chuffed with that. Majorly upset about core.

But hey, onwards and upwards!

Be interested in hearing how yous did. Hopefully better than me! Decile 1 means top 10% so does that mean 90% got even worse results in core than me? Find that hard to believe!

Click on the download icon. This opens an excel spreadsheet with breakdown of indicators.

I got reds and yellows in core, decile ranking 1, sufficiency 8. Total fail! Not a green in sight :(

Be interested in hearing how yous did. Hopefully better than me! Decile 1 means top 10% so does that mean 90% got even worse results in core than me? Find that hard to believe!

Yes it means you're in the top 10% in Core, what could you possibly be disappointed about??? Nobody will pass Core. You're well ahead of everyone and now you only have to keep the work ticking over and you should be ok in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭EveT

got sufficiency 7, decile 1, 4 yellows and 2 reds! dont fully understand there system so dont really know what it means! decile were given 1-10 right? Im not sure what sufficiency 7 means except its bad! anyway happy enough, one of the reds was in PM and have a HC going into that.

Tax elective...another story but knew needed to do a lot of work on that!

• Advertisement

Thanks for that help! I got 5 reds and a yellow ( oh dear) yet it says decile 2 for core which I find hard to believe! Epically bad result in the tax elective but since hadn't really opened a book for it that was to be expected. Hopefully next time we check results there will be greens there!

can someone explain sufficiency to me?! got 7 in core and 5 in elective (hadnt a breeze in elective and gave core a stab!) Ive seen all the lectures on it and know its adding up HC C and RC, but now that I get results I dont really know what it means!

Thanks for that help! I got 5 reds and a yellow ( oh dear) yet it says decile 2 for core which I find hard to believe! Epically bad result in the tax elective but since hadn't really opened a book for it that was to be expected. Hopefully next time we check results there will be greens there!

What did you get in the tax elective?

EveT wrote: »
    can someone explain sufficiency to me?! got 7 in core and 5 in elective (hadnt a breeze in elective and gave core a stab!) Ive seen all the lectures on it and know its adding up HC C and RC, but now that I get results I dont really know what it means!

I'm pretty sure it means you were X points away from reaching sufficiency. So if you're 7 in Core then you would have needed to turn 7 RC's into C's or 7 NC's into RC's etc.

But you got decile 1 in Core? Another person with nothing to complain about. I'd be on the drink tonight if I got decile 1 - no joke, I'm going to a wedding sober and would definitely be drinking if I found out I was that far ahead of everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

Passed APM. Now to NOT get complacent and keep revising!

Got decile ranking 1 in Core.

Sufficiency 7.

1 Yellow (audit), 1 Green (tax)

Rest were red. I assume that the decile ranking 1 means top 10% but the sufficiency???

Onwards and upwards!

I assume there'll also be a load of people coming on here posting that they're confused and asking if decile 10 means they're in the bottom 10%? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

Most of my friends got off a week before mocks and most just left after 30 minutes. By the sheer virtue of actually finishing them I think I was lumped into decile 1 lol not because my exam was of such a high standard!

I assume there'll also be a load of people coming on here posting that they're confused and asking if decile 10 means they're in the bottom 10%? :rolleyes:

Did they actually do the decile thig or just give everyone good ones? We're probably all the nerds posting on boards at 8am in fairness!!

Did they actually do the decile thig or just give everyone good ones? We're probably all the nerds posting on boards at 8am in fairness!!

Lol why would they just give everyone good ones? Then it would make no sense.

Also what did you get in the elective decile? If you're shouting the core decile from the rooftops you have to disclose the elective as well.

• Advertisement

Lol why would they just give everyone good ones? Then it would make no sense.

Also what did you get in the elective decile? If you're shouting the core decile from the rooftops you have to disclose the elective as well.

Hahaha I got decile 4 in tax and sufficiency 5, though as I said I don't understand what sufficiency means! I had done zero for tax so was literally relying on whatever was there for cap 2, did the grindschool for it and have a lot of elective days timetabled in!

Am v happy with core, don't get me wrong, just need to understand what sufficiency means better! Thought I did til I saw it!

Advertisement