Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭notanocelot

Hang in there 7upfree. The standard in a lot of the sample cases is pretty high and the indications aren't very clear.

You can say that again. Did Swetter Gym this morning. A page and a half in the case study on how your client thinks he's God's gift to the company and wants to buy out his business partner because she wants a higher salary even though the place would fall apart without her... and then there's ONE LINE in the solution about how he should try to keep her on!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭EveT

Have gone totally stupid.... Primus case...where are they getting the direct cost of manufacture from in indicator one? 44 cent etc? I know I'm v tired but am
    Worried at self that am staring at the sheet with a highlighter not being able see it!! Thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

EveT wrote: »
    Have gone totally stupid.... Primus case...where are they getting the direct cost of manufacture from in indicator one? 44 cent etc? I know I'm v tired but am
    Worried at self that am staring at the sheet with a highlighter not being able see it!! Thanks!

Just have a Locust coffee and relax...

€22,430 / €40,780 x 80c

Direct Production Costs / Revenue x Price

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Chalk_Farm

Anyone have the solution to Marlborough House please, cheers!

Jame Gumb wrote: »

Just have a Locust coffee and relax...

€22,430 / €40,780 x 80c

Direct Production Costs / Revenue x Price
    Thanks a mill,even if wasn't brain dead not sure I'd have thought to do that in the exam the way the info was presented.have stayed away from
    Paul's cases til now,they are scaring me
    More than exam papers!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭louise1985

Does anyone know if the "corridor approach" is examinable for the defined benefits??

I'm thinking its not but just want confirmation

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kevindots

Hi all,
    Could somebody do me a huge favor and post the following questions. I have the solutions but need the questions.
    Thanks a million.

1) Locust Coffee
    2) Ply4Hire
    3) EcoCartridge

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

louise1985 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the "corridor approach" is examinable for the defined benefits??

I'm thinking its not but just want confirmation

Thanks in advance

IAS 19 Examinable - the accounting treatment and disclosure of employee benefits by employers; to include all four categories set out under paragraph 4 of IAS 19.

I assume the corridor approach is included in one of these 4 categories. I'm not sure though, IAS 19 wouldn't be a favourite of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 tt1

Hi guys

See the attached document in relation to EIIS and interest as a charge relief.

Think companies can still claim interest as a charge relief but as a trade trade instead of previously a non trade charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Siobhang4

kevindots wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Could somebody do me a huge favor and post the following questions. I have the solutions but need the questions.
    Thanks a million.

1) Locust Coffee
    2) Ply4Hire
    3) EcoCartridge

Thanks again.

Fairly sure they are already posted up on this site.. check the attachements

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Hi all,
    Thanks a million.

1) Locust Coffee
    2) Ply4Hire
    3) EcoCartridge

Thanks again.

They're all posted up here, just click on the attachment tab to this thread and you should find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kevindots

I'm only after joining boards- wheres the attachment tab?
    Thanks again! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Siobhang4

I'm only after joining boards- wheres the attachment tab?
    Thanks again! :-)

its the paper click on the main page... good notes up aswell

Select Biz, business, accountancy,

Scroll sown to FAE September 2012 and click on the paper clip to get into the attachements. :)

Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭louise1985

IAS 19 Examinable - the accounting treatment and disclosure of employee benefits by employers; to include all four categories set out under paragraph 4 of IAS 19.

I assume the corridor approach is included in one of these 4 categories. I'm not sure though, IAS 19 wouldn't be a favourite of mine.
    Thanks very much for that :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

Black comedy...hit my head in the gym this morning and have the symptoms of concussion. Genuinely cannot remember what I studied today. Handy for what's coming up on the horizon!

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

I'm doing some management accounting revision at the moment and came across some cases in planning and delivery schedule that I can't find does anyone have them?

Mississippi Inc
    Jenson Car Components
    Bolt Industries
    Killyleagh Cycle Company

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭luco123

anyone have the tax elective updated papers.... im repeating so have no access to them..... third time posting this.... pretty please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭MPBC123

luco123 wrote: »
    anyone have the tax elective updated papers.... im repeating so have no access to them..... third time posting this.... pretty please!!
    Roi or Ni?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 FAE4EVA

Saint,

Those cases are from the MABF cases book...

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

FAE4EVA wrote: »
    Saint,

Those cases are from the MABF cases book...

Thanks - didn't think of looking there! Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 faer2203

Hey,

Can anyone explain what informed management is in the context of audit? See it everywhere and can't find a definition.

Also, trying to find a list of cavaents, just wondering if anyone can help?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Apollo_Creed

faer2203 wrote: »
    Hey,

Can anyone explain what informed management is in the context of audit? See it everywhere and can't find a definition.

Faer,
    You'll find defintion of when informed mgt exist in ES5 Para 37.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭chursy

faer2203 wrote: »
    Hey,

Informed management means - management with the ability to make decisions i.e competent. As an auditor there is a threat to independence/objectivity that auditors might end up making decisions on behalf of management ( if the directors/management are incompetent). Therefore its important to be dealing with informed management and certain services are prohibited specially in case of listed companies e.g Tax

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭reo49

Has anyone done an index of all the indicators that come under the different subjects? Ferike1?

I know there is a similiar spreadsheet going around with all the indicators of each case study.

FTSE 350 company is through the Code, but what is a FTSE 350 company?! googled it and cant find capitalisation amounts etc.

Also the irish annex...giving me a headache, it seems to be all about comply or explain, apart from C or E are there any stand out points to it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

FTSE 350 company is through the Code, but what is a FTSE 350 company?! googled it and cant find capitalisation amounts etc.

Also the irish annex...giving me a headache, it seems to be all about comply or explain, apart from C or E are there any stand out points to it?!

I think you may be going into too much detail?

ferike1 wrote: »
    I think you may be going into too much detail?

well Paul was saying Irish Annex is important? and like depending if its a FTSE 350 or a small co determines the number of INEDs needed on boards etc I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 FAE_UCH

What are people going to do for timing on the Sims day?

I'm thinking of picking the longest case (It's ridiculous that we don't know how long the cases will be) and spending the half hour reading time preparing my answer for that sim.

I've heard people are gonna read all 3 of them all for the half hour I just think I'll get confused between the cases and will have to read them all again.

Anyone any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

well Paul was saying Irish Annex is important? and like depending if its a FTSE 350 or a small co determines the number of INEDs needed on boards etc I think?

Ah fair enough :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭MPBC123

FTSE 350 is an index of the weighted average price of the stock exchanges largest 350 companies, I don't think we will be dealing with these in the cases. If an IPO comes up I will be recommending AIM. Can't see it coming up tho as it was on last years paper.

Advertisement