Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

That sounds like a good idea I have noticed a couple of things becoming repetitive alright. I'm just gonna hae to put the head down god the next two weeks. Sooner these are over the bloody better.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭luco123

Chalk_Farm wrote: »
    MPBC123 wrote: »
    In primus pet foods, when analysing the supermarket offer, how do they calc the direct cost of manufacture of product?

Yeah cannot figure that one out...spend ages looking at it! :o

Anyone figure this out yet... its wrecking my head!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

luco123 wrote: »
    Chalk_Farm wrote: »
    MPBC123 wrote: »
    In primus pet foods, when analysing the supermarket offer, how do they calc the direct cost of manufacture of product?

Yeah cannot figure that one out...spend ages looking at it! :o

Anyone figure this out yet... its wrecking my head!!

I've answered that question 2 or 3 times in this thread...

In the pub at the moment, but from memory (using the main product as an example):

Cost of Sales / Revenue x Sales Price

Thinks its 13k / 22k x 80c = 44c or something like that. The 13k could be wrong. 22k is in there I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

The direct cost of manufacturing is the current trade sale price ex PPF times the direct cost of production/revenue for that department. So for Cat Food with Fish, its 0.6 x 6696/9996 = 40

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭reo49

reo49 wrote: »
    In Hardcourt Group (the case before Healthfirst), the exact same situation arises but there is no DTA?

Bump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

I hope convertible bonds come up. I get them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Szewinska

ferike1 wrote: »
    I hope convertible bonds come up. I get them now.

what are they or where is there an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭notanocelot

Szewinska wrote: »

Convertible bonds are an instrument where you buy a bond from a company (and thus get a coupon every year) but have the option to convert it to equity.

I hope they don't come up because while they're fine under a Finance head, when it comes to accounting for them it's quite horrible, since the equity component and the debt component must be classified separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 feel so stupid

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Szewinska

Convertible bonds are an instrument where you buy a bond from a company (and thus get a coupon every year) but have the option to convert it to equity.

I hope they don't come up because while they're fine under a Finance head, when it comes to accounting for them it's quite horrible, since the equity component and the debt component must be classified separately.

my point exactly...haven't a clue about these ahhhhhhhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 the west

you could be off for 7 months study like crazy and fail these exams and a person off for 3 weeks could do just as good. Its a punishing set up if u fail core. The institute have set mines everywhere for that exam. Its a sad state of affairs that when we sit in that exam in 2 weeks time that about only 50-55% of us will get by.

• Advertisement

the west wrote: »
    you could be off for 7 months study like crazy and fail these exams and a person off for 3 weeks could do just as good. Its a punishing set up if u fail core. The institute have set mines everywhere for that exam. Its a sad state of affairs that when we sit in that exam in 2 weeks time that about only 50-55% of us will get by.

Unfortunately it's all about luck on the day. And as well as having to wait a full year to do the repeat, you have to pay for the repeat yourself and majority of places you lose out on your pay rise as wellc it's a lot of pressure to be putting into one exam. Just remember though that just because you don't pass an exam doesn't mean your any less competent to do your job than the person who does pass.

At the end of the day the institute only want a certain amount of people to pass so you coud be border line and fail and someone see could be border line and pass.

I wonder if the institute ever read these forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Szewinska

be a far better tell tale for them than any surveys

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭R0N BURGUNDY

What things in the 2011 exam do you think would have troubled you? (without the benefit of hindsight)

Szewinska wrote: »

be a far better tell tale for them than any surveys

I'm sure someone must read them. I think they just don't care. 16 days and counting. Then exams and then we get our lives back (well atleast our weekends)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭luco123

In tolstoy tools limited we are auditors of the company and we tell them not to buy thc ... but i thought as auditors we are not allowed to make a decision we should only give positives and negatives about it because it would be a mgmt threat to our independence.... Am i wrong on this?

What things in the 2011 exam do you think would have troubled you? (without the benefit of hindsight)

Not having the Locust Coffee case in my back pocket.

Successful 2012 students should get the designation "ACA (LC)" in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭chursy

Ever wondered why the second time or later attempt pass rate is so low?.... I have a feeling they have a seperate graph for this. Just doesn't make sense to me that second or later attempt guys would be less serious then the first attemp guys!!!

chursy wrote: »
    Ever wondered why the second time or later attempt pass rate is so low?.... I have a feeling they have a seperate graph for this. Just doesn't make sense to me that second or later attempt guys would be less serious then the first attemp guys!!!

'Cause by definition they're weaker candidates.

That's not an attack on repeat students - It's just reality.

The repeat population doesn't have the ace students for example who will never fail FAE in a million years.

Jame Gumb wrote: »

'Cause by definition they're weaker candidates.

That's not an attack on repeat students - It's just reality.

The repeat population doesn't have the ace students for example who will never fail FAE in a million years.

Na disagree with that. I know people who have passed cap1 and cap 2 exams first attempt and failed. Fae because they got one red in pm. Yes there may be some students who perhaps are weak but how weak could you be when you are at an fae stage??? The exam is a killer in terms of it's assessment .

• Advertisement

The majority of people I talk to who failed got a solitary red in BL or PM. That would be such a stinger.

The majority of people I talk to who failed got a solitary red in BL or PM. That would be such a stinger.

I'd be more down about getting a red in something like Audit or IMP.

Imagine a Marketing indicator doing the damage?

They really need to run a repeat. It's so unfair that someone can be unlucky and lose a year (a raise and possibly their job).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 the west

there is so much in the exam that can do damage. and to fail on a markeing or even that change mgt or info mgt wud be a sickner alright. there is so maanu hurdles in that core exam. just got to keep the head up for 16 more days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Tell me about it, got red in finance last year having got green in BL and yellow in PM. Hopefully Locust Coffee will guide me to victory this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭froggatt2011

One more week of work and looking at my boss's sour puss then I finally get off on my study leave.

Any advice on what to focus on for the last week in relation to Core? Past, sample and mock papers are filling my weekends, but I really don't think I stand a chance any more.

Can I have a motivational boot up the backside please? Anyone?

I would die if I had to wait another year to get these feckin exams. Just feel like I'm at a real disadvantage being a non training contract student with basically a week's study leave :mad:

Boo hoo.

But enough of my self pity. Back to it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

One more week of work and looking at my boss's sour puss then I finally get off on my study leave.

Any advice on what to focus on for the last week in relation to Core? Past, sample and mock papers are filling my weekends, but I really don't think I stand a chance any more.

Can I have a motivational boot up the backside please? Anyone?

I would die if I had to wait another year to get these feckin exams. Just feel like I'm at a real disadvantage being a non training contract student with basically a week's study leave :mad:

Boo hoo.

But enough of my self pity. Back to it!!

All the study leave in the world will not make much of a difference for FAE. It's good to have some time to brush up on technical material but other than that there isn't a whole pile you can do in my opinion. FAE is more like an IQ test, you go in and they test your general knowledge and just hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭levi

What are people doing to ensure they've everything covered from the Companies Acts? Have you read through them in full or just picking up the details from the lecturers etc?

The things with these exams is that they can give really tricky indicators which thy have done in the past in mocks etc. which could pretty much break your back !

Imagine getting the inventory adjustment which they tested in the mocks- simple standard but the way they twisted the question ! Crazy ****!

Also it depends how you walk in! Have to be confident ! No matter what! You will win half te battle this way! - I am planning to switch off the night before watch a movie or somthing !!!! - take it easy! Sleep ! - frankly we have done what we could for these exams for the past three/ two months !

No regrets!!! However still a challenge when you look at the case studies !!! Which freaks me out!!!

• Advertisement

I am planning to switch off the night before watch a movie or somthing

"The Life and Times of Bill Williams" starring Christopher Walken is worth a look...

Advertisement