Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭chursy

Jame Gumb wrote: »
    chursy wrote: »
    I am planning to switch off the night before watch a movie or somthing

"The Life and Times of Bill Williams" starring Christopher Walken is worth a look...

I will try mix the locus coffee in with a pint of guiness ! And get sick may be they will consider me eligible for fae's based on medical cert for the next day!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Daizy0

Hey All,

I have done up a list of the case studies that I have & I think the only one that I am missing is "O'Shea's Pub". If anyone has this can they please post it. Also if I am missing any cases from my list can you please let me know.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

Can someone tell me how they calculated the latent CGT gain in the Mock 2011 Sim 2 (Devaney Car Parts)? They have it as €90,863 but I'm working it out to be closer to €96k. Confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 FAE4EVA

Daizy0 wrote: »
    Hey All,

I have done up a list of the case studies that I have & I think the only one that I am missing is "O'Shea's Pub". If anyone has this can they please post it. Also if I am missing any cases from my list can you please let me know.

Thanks.

Hi Daisy,

Just checked there..

The only two I have that you don't have are Precision Cut and Flexum. They are attached to this thread. See paper clip on front accountancy page.

Also I don't have the O' Shea's pub and there is a Marlborough House case on the thread with no solution..

Anybody have it??

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭reo49

levi wrote: »
    What are people doing to ensure they've everything covered from the Companies Acts? Have you read through them in full or just picking up the details from the lecturers etc?

Read 3/4's of them, should have the final 1/4 done over the next two weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭froggatt2011

reo49 wrote: »

I know there are different companies acts in the north and the south, but when was this covered? Is it in relation to audit? Freaking now that I've missed something major (again!).

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Acc7777

In the FAE resource there is relevant info in section 1 regarding:

Principle duties and powers of companies, company directors, secretaries, members and shareholders, auditors, creditors, liquidators, receivers and examiners

I'd say the stuff in that would cover any necessary legal knowledge for the exam.

In relation to the AAFRP indicator, can anyone confirm that it contributes towards your performance management depth score? I was under the impression that it did but was talking to someone who sat the exams last year who said it was a standalone result and did not relate at all to the super six.
    Any clarification would be much appreciated!

Acc7777 wrote: »

Principle duties and powers of companies, company directors, secretaries, members and shareholders, auditors, creditors, liquidators, receivers and examiners

I'd say the stuff in that would cover any necessary legal knowledge for the exam.

In relation to the AAFRP indicator, can anyone confirm that it contributes towards your performance management depth score? I was under the impression that it did but was talking to someone who sat the exams last year who said it was a standalone result and did not relate at all to the super six.

Yes if u got c or higher it will but if u got RC it won't and anything below! Forget it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

My understanding is that the AAFRP result is fully integrated into your exam result of both the sufficiency and depth tests (i.e. that a "C" in the AAFRP is the exact same as a "C" in a PM indicator in the "real" exam).

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Acc7777

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭aca101

Does anyone have a breakout of the different ISA's and a description of each?
    Would be very greatful and hoping someone from last year might have one made up.

Was thinking the same thing....anybody got something like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

Think I'm coming down with something. At least its not directly before the exams but FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Ex 88

What are people doing to ensure they've everything covered from the Companies Acts? Have you read through them in full or just picking up the details from the lecturers etc?

I'm getting worried now I haven't looked at any companies acts stuff other than the stuff in Sean Murrays notes! How much do we need to know? Would I get by just looking at the stuff in the resource pack do you think? freakingggg outtttt

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Username2011

Yes if u got c or higher it will but if u got RC it won't and anything below! Forget it

C or higher contributes to your sufficiency test and your depth test.
    Rc contributes to your sufficiency test only.
    Nc or na does not contribute to either.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭levi

Thanks for that - there's a good bit in that but I reckon a read through it and a few brief notes will be enough. Most of the stuff I'm familiar enough with just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything.

W.R.T the AAFRP indicator, how it was explained to me is that it will count toward sufficiency but not depth if you get RC, if you get C or HC then it'll count toward sufficiency and depth in PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

ferike1 wrote: »
    Think I'm coming down with something. At least its not directly before the exams but FFS.

Could be Locustitis. It's going around.

Ex 88 wrote: »

I'm getting worried now I haven't looked at any companies acts stuff other than the stuff in Sean Murrays notes! How much do we need to know? Would I get by just looking at the stuff in the resource pack do you think? freakingggg outtttt

Sean's Murray notes should be enough man. Frankly no time to read all the acts now!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Daizy0

FAE4EVA wrote: »
    Hi Daisy,

Just checked there..

The only two I have that you don't have are Precision Cut and Flexum. They are attached to this thread. See paper clip on front accountancy page.

Also I don't have the O' Shea's pub and there is a Marlborough House case on the thread with no solution..

Anybody have it??
    Thanks a million, I'll let you know if I route out O'Shay / Marlborough x

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

Say there are 5 Performance Measurement indicators, and say the FAE Board deem 3 "Competents" as the requirement to pass the Depth Test.

Am I right in saying that 3 "Competents" and 2 "Not Addressed" would be enough to pass the Depth Test?

And does the same principle apply to Audit, Tax, IMP and Finance? If there are 3 indicators and the Board deem 2 "Reaching Competents" as the requirement to pass the Breadth Test in each subject, would 2 "Reaching Competents" and 1 "Not Addressed" in each subject be enough to pass the Breadth Test?

Yeah that should cover it but then you may not get the sufficiency if you are missing that many indicators. Overall you need x RC's out of 18/23ish to get sufficient.

• Advertisement

Anyone want to do my a favour and upload Sean Murray's notes on the Companies Acts - I think I have them but I'm not 100% sure - I'm a repeat student so don't have access to the online content.

Thanks a mil :)

Yeessssss! Sick as a dog today! This is exactly what I needed two weeks before the exams. I guess the only upside is that I am not sick the week of the exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Butterflyguy

Daizy0 wrote: »
    Thanks a million, I'll let you know if I route out O'Shay / Marlborough x

I think the "O'shea pub" case is referring to the "cavern tavern" sim case in the 2010 mock..

Anyone want to do my a favour and upload Sean Murray's notes on the Companies Acts - I think I have them but I'm not 100% sure - I'm a repeat student so don't have access to the online content.

Anyone, please? I'll owe you big time!

Check the audit elective thread and download lecture notes for session 1/2

Check the audit elective thread and download lecture notes for session 1/2

Thanks for that, only doin core so haven't looked at that thread. Much appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Just had a look at the mock core paper. What a load of mickey. Contribution per limiting factor, remuneration methods from tax perspective, SaaS business model. How did people find this?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭reo49

Just had a look at the mock core paper. What a load of mickey. Contribution per limiting factor, remuneration methods from tax perspective, SaaS business model. How did people find this?

I passed the Mocks so I'd say it was ok ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 whytenc

Can someone clarify is EIIS replaces BES and SC relief, or just BES?
    From the extra notes the institute gave it seems that it replaces BES, but per the tax book it replace both.
    Bit confused as to whether we should just automatically refer them to EIIS now and forget about BES and seed capital relief altogether?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

I passed the Mocks so I'd say it was ok ;)

You are the exception rather than the rule methinks.

Advertisement