Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

ferike1 wrote: »
    The CEO embezzled a couple million? Ah sure forget about it. Just make sure to pay your TV license :D

If anyone wants really good notes PM me.

I could do with all the help I can get right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭mrduffy

7upfree wrote: »
    I could do with all the help I can get right now.
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

For the people that have requested, did I upload them okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Siobhang4

The CEO embezzled a couple million? Ah sure forget about it. Just make sure to pay your TV license :D

If anyone wants really good notes PM me.

What type of notes? Would you mind sending them on. I have the notes from boards?

Did anyone do the industry analysis recommended by Paul in the wind up class (SWOT by industry)

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Ferike I'd really appreciate it if

you could send me on some notes as well.need all the help I can get.

• Advertisement

They uploaded fine but there is an awful lot in them. Did you print all of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭tomfoolery60

Yeah they are uploaded fine - astonishingly better quality than most of what we get

To be honest I gave them all a quick skim

There are handy things in there like FX risk, divisional performance, variances.

I am sorry about the information overload, its all I have.

There are handy things in there like FX risk, divisional performance, variances.

Don't apologise it's far better than what the institute give.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭froggatt2011

Could you share with me please mucker if you can? I too am in dire straights at the moment :(

• Advertisement

So what I did right:

I printed off the notes last year for SFMA and financial reporting

I divided them up into chapters with bull clips. When I saw a topic I quickly picked up that chapter and look at the 'golden' notes

I got 68 in FR and 62 in SFMA, which while not top marks are respectable (all from using those notes, I didn't have any of my own).

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Chalk_Farm

So what I did right:

I divided them up into chapters with bull clips. When I saw a topic I quickly picked up that chapter and look at the 'golden' notes

I got 68 in FR and 62 in SFMA, which while not top marks are respectable (all from using those notes, I didn't have any of my own).

Would you be able to send them on...cheers Ferike (on the verge of insanity at the mo :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 FAE2012

Could you send them on to me also please. any help is greatly appreciated at this stage

If ya'll pass I am taking some of the credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Elle2012

So what I did right:

Would u mind sending me a copy of those notes as well?

Whenever u get a chance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 thetrainee

All the CAP 1 and CAP 2 notes are here

http://students.charteredaccountants.ie/Revision-Material/

• Registered Users Posts: 14 cat2011

I would love the notes too please. I know I haven't commented much on the thread but I read it every day and really appreciate all the help. I am at the end of my tether. Doing past papers and don't see how I'm going to pass but can't bare to do this again next yr!! I haven't done the sample papers yet-is it worth doing them or better to read then read solns? Any tips for good qs or practice for mgmt would be good too as I think I know it in theory but in practice I blank. Don't get my started on IMP!!

FAE Indicators.xlsx

Hopefully I have done this right.

This is a List of all the different indicators and what papers they have come up on. This was passed onto me by someone who did FAE last year so it doesn't include the 2011 actual paper. I have all the solutions in a folder and going to stick this in the front of the folder. Hopefully won't need it but no harm to have it just incase.

I then just have a condensed folder with notes for each subject. Possibly bring the tax and IMS book.

I think having too much on the day can be as bad as not having enough.

No worries guys

Hopefully they help.

This might be a stupid question but are you just bringing in the past paper/resource cases solutions? As opposed to the q paper aswell, I had put the cases in but file was far too big.

• Advertisement

cat2011 wrote: »
    This might be a stupid question but are you just bringing in the past paper/resource cases solutions? As opposed to the q paper aswell, I had put the cases in but file was far too big.

Just bringing the solutions not the cases. I just figure if there's something I'm stuck on it might just give me a push in the right direction. I know a few people who brought them in like that last year because atleast of you can pick out an indicator but are struggling to answer you might be able to pull something out of the solutions that will just about get you over the line.

I know the folder even with just solutions is still quiet big bUstinov might be handy just to have it on the floor next to you just incase. especially if something comes up and you have seen something about it before.

Just bringing the solutions not the cases. I just figure if there's something I'm stuck on it might just give me a push in the right direction. I know a few people who brought them in like that last year because atleast of you can pick out an indicator but are struggling to answer you might be able to pull something out of the solutions that will just about get you over the line.

I know the folder even with just solutions is still quiet big bUstinov might be handy just to have it on the floor next to you just incase. especially if something comes up and you have seen something about it before.

Thanks, I think I'm going to do that but hope not to rely on solutions and copy answers! Think im just going to read sample papers and solns as from what pple said they are demotivating to try and i dont need that!lol!
    This time next week we'll be in the thick of it! I still have decided with sims to use reading time to read all cases or just start into case1 , I really struggled with time in the mocks so need to make sure i get it right!

I'm bringing in folders with scaled down notes per subject and solutions from the cases/PPs/mock papers/samples slotted in to the relevant sections. Also bringing the tax book, audit book, IFRS book A (with disclosures tabbed). I've also a general folder with tax tables, discount/annuity tables, KPIs for random industries and the audit PQAs, checklist of main points to consider when planning answer compiled from this forum and picking up stuff doing the cases.

Am I missing anything? Not sure the kitchen sink will fit in my bag.

The help I've gotten on here has been invaluable so thanks a million everyone who has contributed to this thread.

Think im just going to read sample papers and solns as from what pple said they are demotivating to try and i dont need that!

You are right. The sample papers totally fried my brain. Threw me all off kilter for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭okdune

Acc7777 wrote: »
    Statutory reporting obligations of auditors in Ireland

Reporting of indictable offences under the companies acts
    Report to ODCE (Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement)
    Section 194 of the Companies Act, 1990 as amended by section 74 of the Company
    Law Enforcement Act, 2001

Reporting of theft and fraud offences
    Report to the Garda Siochana
    Section 59 of the Criminal Justice (Theft and Fraud Offences) Act, 2001

Reporting of tax offences
    Report to the Revenue Commisioners
    Section 1079 Taxes Consolidation Act, 1997

Reporting of suspected money laundering offences
    Report to the Garda Siochana and the Revenue Commisioners
    Section 32 of the Criminal Justice Act, 1994

Is this just for the audit elective?!

I'm bringing in folders with scaled down notes per subject and solutions from the cases/PPs/mock papers/samples slotted in to the relevant sections. Also bringing the tax book, audit book, IFRS book A (with disclosures tabbed). I've also a general folder with tax tables, discount/annuity tables, KPIs for random industries and the audit PQAs, checklist of main points to consider when planning answer compiled from this forum and picking up stuff doing the cases.

The help I've gotten on here has been invaluable so thanks a million everyone who has contributed to this thread.

That seems like a really good system, I'm really not that sorted yet- still trying to finish the cases then need to get files in order. It makes sense to have solns divided n subjects but not sure if I'll have time to get back through and analyse them! For the KPIS for random industries- did u get those from somewhere or just make yourself? What website did u get discount/annuity tables from as suppose that's quicker than going to finance book. Are you NI Tax? I'm really struggling with it so tips of what you've put in tax tables would be good, thanks. Sorry for all the questions and need for help!
    Ps any idea of pages you got tips for planning from? Thank you so much! Or if you don't mind sending KPIS and planning tips and any other info would be great. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭okdune

IFRS 9 - Replaced IAS 39 - The differences between the old and new standard I am finding hard to figure out - can anyone give me a pointer please?

Would you be able to send me the kPI's by industry. would be a great help as i don't have anything on this. and also the checklist of main points to consider..

Should get P/E ratio by industry incase they don't supply it... notice they did this in some cases..

That seems like a really good system, I'm really not that sorted yet- still trying to finish the cases then need to get files in order. It makes sense to have solns divided n subjects but not sure if I'll have time to get back through and analyse them! For the KPIS for random industries- did u get those from somewhere or just make yourself? What website did u get discount/annuity tables from as suppose that's quicker than going to finance book. Are you NI Tax? I'm really struggling with it so tips of what you've put in tax tables would be good, thanks. Sorry for all the questions and need for help!
    Ps any idea of pages you got tips for planning from? Thank you so much! Or if you don't mind sending KPIS and planning tips and any other info would be great. Thanks

print out a cap two tax question and will get the tax reference material for 2011 in that will have all the rates and table in one place.

• Advertisement

They uploaded fine but there is an awful lot in them. Did you print all of them?

Hey could you send them onto me as I haven't got them. Thanks.

Advertisement