Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Daizy0

ferike1 wrote: »
    The CEO embezzled a couple million? Ah sure forget about it. Just make sure to pay your TV license :D

If anyone wants really good notes PM me.
    I would LOVE some great notes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Dee29

Eiriu wrote: »
    So is IAS 39 not to be used? OR should IFRS 9 just be printed off and used?

All I have in my notes from Derry Cotter is IFRS 9 deals with Financial Assets and IAS 39 deal with Financial Liabilities which is how it is presented in the 2011 version of the IFRS book issued by the International Accounting Standards Board. I don't understand Levi's comment if IAASB have published it. Its unlikely to come up but perhaps no harm in having the 2011 versions of both standards inserted into your book.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭mrduffy

How are the notes?

Won t be able to properly look at them till sunday ! Have to get them printed ! They are good learning aids !
    need excercise as well to recharge batterys ! 7.00
    14 case studies to do tomorrow :)
    9 - 1 8
    2 - 7 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 the west

probaby the best job to do go through them cause sitting down and actually trying them was demoralising. way og on every indicator in every case

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

mrduffy wrote: »
    Won t be able to properly look at them till sunday ! Have to get them printed ! They are good learning aids !
    need excercise as well to recharge batterys ! 7.00
    14 case studies to do tomorrow :)
    9 - 1 8
    2 - 7 6

Exercise you say?

https://www.facebook.com/WhiteCollarWarrior?ref=hl

Anyone I gave notes to can like my page in return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 cat2011

How are the notes?

They are so easy to understand. Im just reading them off the computer as ive used 2 ink cartridges in the past week printing stuff off and theres so much! Are there any parts in particular you recommend printing?

I dunno tbh, anything you find tricky, EPS, transfer pricing, FX risk, whatever is your weakness :)

I should have asked people to like my page sooner!

Like I said, last year I used them for SFMA and FR, I found them most useful for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

FAE _Wex wrote: »
    Hi Ferike1 would you be able to send me your notes also please?
    I have attached my breakdown of the indicators per cases, it might not be as good as the one uploaded earlier though but it has the mock and last years exam. Thanks for all the help on this over the last few weeks.

That's really good way of doing it might actually print this one as it is more up to date than the one I uploaded

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭danko2012

just thought but does what show up on comprehensive paper automatically rule it out of sims then? have reviewed past/sample and nothing has come up twice?
    altho with the institute they could find 22 ways to ask the same question and come up with different answers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 HVAN

How are the notes?

Would be really grateful if u could give the notes to me too. Pretty plz :D

'Doing your best is more important than being the best! Many of life's failures are people who did not realise how close they were to success when they gave up!'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭okdune

I dunno tbh, anything you find tricky, EPS, transfer pricing, FX risk, whatever is your weakness :)

Like I said, last year I used them for SFMA and FR, I found them most useful for that.

Forward notes, who said forward notes?! Using mine from last year and I reckon I had lost the plot at that stage!

Forward notes, who said forward notes?! Using mine from last year and I reckon I had lost the plot at that stage!

About transfer proving guys, I have only revised the notes we got. It's pretty high level, I haven't gone into the real technical - just focused on the three main methods - is that enough??

Oh god take me into a field and shoot me, running out of steeeeeam.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭WeeDeee

HVAN wrote: »
    Would be really grateful if u could give the notes to me too. Pretty plz :D

'Doing your best is more important than being the best! Many of life's failures are people who did not realise how close they were to success when they gave up!'

I second that please, thanks very much!

Distinct lack of liking going on.

Also good resource for exercise :D

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭WeeDeee

I liked!

Good because as sedentary accountants we all need to move more :D

I know typically superheroes have secret identities but I'm like Tony Stark. Let the world know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Apollo_Creed

Hi Ferike,

Would ya mind sending them onto me???
    May be the chink of light I need to get me out of this black hole.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

I liked

Can't wait for these to be over. Starting a bodyweight training club the weekend after the exams.

Paddys Bars

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 Bobby Dazzles

Can't wait for these to be over. Starting a bodyweight training club the weekend after the exams.

Paddys Bars

What's a bodyweight training club?

Sort of Paul Byrne/Darragh Hayes style scenario?

Only less ghetto because we are in Cabinteely.

We did a bit of that stuff for Senior Cup.

Tough going.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 faer2203

Good because as sedentary accountants we all need to move more :D

I know typically superheroes have secret identities but I'm like Tony Stark. Let the world know ;)

How do you access notes? I couldnt find them!

First you've to register (easy)

Then with the cloud thing open click on the link again.

That's what I'd to do to make it work.

Practical applications of cloud computing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Millyhow1986

Practical applications of cloud computing :D

Hi ferike

Any chance I could get those notes aswell I'd really appreciate it!! My SFMA knowledge isn't great!!

Thanks so much again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭mrduffy

anyone here work in deloitte ?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

Distinct lack of liking going on.

Also good resource for exercise :D

Ferike1, i think we've found your 120k hobby!! Well, it will be when you've set up a strategic plan and secured adequate bank funding that doesnt put your gearing levels too high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭EveT

Hi ferike

Any chance I could get those notes aswell I'd really appreciate it!! My SFMA knowledge isn't great!!

Thanks so much again!!

Ferike could you please send them to me too pretty please?!

Advertisement