Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭pepp

Jamesw2 wrote: »
    Best tip. Say this and you will pass. :):) Works for me.

O St. Joseph of Cupertino who by yourprayer obtained from God to be asked at your examination, the only prepositionyou knew. Grant that I may like you succeed in the (here mention the name ofExamination eg. History paper I ) examination.

In return I promise to make you known and cause you to be invoked.
    O St. Joseph of Cupertino pray for me
    O Holy Ghost enlighten me
    Our Lady of Good Studies pray for me
    Sacred Head of Jesus, Seat of divine wisdom, enlighten me.
    Remember, when you succeed in the examsthen you should thank St. Joseph of Cupertino

I always say this prayer I find it helps me focus when I start to freak out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 Bobby Dazzles

Just looking at the Runways case.

Anyone else think that Marie Wilkes has her eye on the (presumably male) newly qualified CA?

Lots of references to Mick "Spanner" Wilkes being away a lot and not being as good with his hands as he once was 'cause he's getting old. I'd say Marie is one of those dolled up oul ones that spends her time playing golf and getting her hair done.

Definite ethics indicator. RC if you go for it ('cause at least you made a decision).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

Lol reo

I saw this and I immediately thought of you

October-01-2011-21-21-48-tumblrlryqxxN0B61qzamioo1500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭R0N BURGUNDY

I haven't even opened my IMP textbook. Don't think I'll bother now. Any really good sections I should rip out for my file?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Ex 88

Just had panic attack number 1002 ! Let these be over so we can all enjoy life again!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Laois lassie

Hi Guys,

I have been reading this thread the past few weeks, and have to say its really given my a good insight, and the notes posted have been a great help!

I wish everybody the best of luck, and remember to bring your sandwiches, cut back on the liquids (less toilet breaks) and bring a cushion to sit on, your backside will be in bits after 3 days on them chairs!!

Anyway this Laois Lassie is off to Electric Picnic for the weekend, and will be relaxed and fresh for Tuesday!!!

Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭R0N BURGUNDY

Fair play to you - the one place I'd love to be going this weekend is EP. However, there is a large chance that if I went, the exams wouldn't even be sat so I'll just stick to the odd room dance every couple of hours to liven things up.

Got my acca notes all organised in case something stupid like construction contracts, transfer pricing, variances, money market hedging etc comes up.

Otherwise my summary folder is sufficient along with the tax book. I am note surprised that Deloitte lad came first last year. His notes are class.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 PatACA

need a bit of assistance with exam technique ?, I maybe able to assist you !

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭froggatt2011

I haven't even opened my IMP textbook. Don't think I'll bother now. Any really good sections I should rip out for my file?

I am totally ignoring the book. Such waffle! Use the notes that were uploaded by the Deloitte genius and google/wiki a few bits on cloud computing and that should just about do you. At least that's what I'm hoping.

I've totally had it now with all the papers and cases. I'm doing feck all the rest of the day. Gonna concentrate on APM over the weekend and spend Monday reading up on a few articles and scanning my notes to try to whittle them down some more.

A cushion for your backside Laois Lassie? Really?? Lol, I have enough cushioning of my own :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 the west

Going to the picnic. fair play to you. |If I went there, wud be a month beofe I wud be right after that...have a good 1

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Siobhang4

Hi Guys,

I have been reading this thread the past few weeks, and have to say its really given my a good insight, and the notes posted have been a great help!

I wish everybody the best of luck, and remember to bring your sandwiches, cut back on the liquids (less toilet breaks) and bring a cushion to sit on, your backside will be in bits after 3 days on them chairs!!

Anyway this Laois Lassie is off to Electric Picnic for the weekend, and will be relaxed and fresh for Tuesday!!!

Good Luck!

Just make sure your not hungover. . .

PatACA wrote: »

Say everyone could do with exam technique...

Spill! If you've read this thread then you will know that everyone would like some help with that (except Reo of course).

Siobhang4 wrote: »
    Say everyone except reo49 could do with exam technique...

Fixed that for you. :D

For free or for money?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Elle2012

the west wrote: »
    Going to the picnic. fair play to you. |If I went there, wud be a month beofe I wud be right after that...have a good 1

My younger twin sisters have had the most amazing summer ever travelling around south america now off to EP!!

They are both starting in big 4s over next few wks!! Despite seeing 20 shades of crazy from me last 2 months / they are actually excited about it!!

Ill give them a month before reality hits them!!!

Elle2012 wrote: »
    My younger twin sisters have had the most amazing summer ever travelling around south america now off to EP!!

They are both starting in big 4s over next few wks!! Despite seeing 20 shades of crazy from me last 2 months / they are actually excited about it!!

Ill give them a month before reality hits them!!!

I was jaded after a day :D

ferike1 wrote: »

Lol that's what I said. What a guy our Reo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Accrual Intentions

Can anyone put a reasonable estimate on the amount of times you'd have to reach Competent in the Electives? I know it probably changes every year but I have literally no idea. I've heard all sorts, if there are 9 indicators some people have told me you need Competent in 7 or 8 of them and someone else suggested you'd only need to hit Competent once in each case study.

Any educated guesses out there? I'm talking specifically about Tax NI but I imagine the same principles apply to all the Electives.

• Advertisement

Lol that's what I said. What a guy our Reo.

We timed it almost the same! I only saw yours afterwards. TBH I think he/she likes the attention here :D

reo, if you don't place after all this, I will be very disappointed in you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

What's the secret Pat?

ferike1 wrote: »

Ha ha.. Very kind of ya. Here's hoping i'm not so prone to such errors in the exam... :P

Sorry, I just can't resist. I think everyone will recognise reo from here in the exam hall. Wanna know why?

2x19_Turk_and_JD_as_pimps.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Anyone got a copy of next week's paper with suggested solutions? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭mrduffy

I need HELP pat with exam technique :cool:

Anyone got a copy of next week's paper with suggested solutions? :)

You want to pass don't you? The suggested solutions would only be riddled with typos and errors.

What happened to professional ethics?

Tsk tsk tsk

Lol I was just thinking there. That these exams become more and more unrealistic in their expectations of what accountants should be able to do. I can envision future versions of this exams including competencies in golf and tennis. Since you need to schmooze clients on the court or the green. That is something you need to be able to do. Equally wouldn't surprise me if they are like as accountants you need to be able to work 24/7 and therefore need to be physically fit. Now climb that rope. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Accrual Intentions

Can anyone put a reasonable estimate on the amount of times you'd have to reach Competent in the Electives? I know it probably changes every year but I have literally no idea. I've heard all sorts, if there are 9 indicators some people have told me you need Competent in 7 or 8 of them and someone else suggested you'd only need to hit Competent once in each case study.

Any educated guesses out there? I'm talking specifically about Tax NI but I imagine the same principles apply to all the Electives.

Bump... :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭funkymonkey9

MPBC123 wrote: »
    In primus pet foods, when analysing the supermarket offer, how do they calc the direct cost of manufacture of product?
    Anyone ever figure this out? Thanks :-)

Advertisement