Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 PatACA

pm if interested thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

PatACA wrote: »

Sounds like he wants money.

I helped for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 FAE4EVA

Like the way you have ACA in the name, #confidence

Any help would be appreciated in plans!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭froggatt2011

ferike1 wrote: »
    Sounds like he wants money.

I helped for free.

And 'likes' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭froggatt2011

PatACA what's the craic? We are all friends here. You can share with the group.

• Advertisement

That came later. I should have done that from the start. (Learning curve right there)

In the long run those likes will be beneficial for you guys! Workout routines for free!

PatACA what's the craic? We are all friends here. You can share with the group.

I don't blame him though. Our pay is sh*t

Money back guarantee if I fail?

Make sure you have a provision as per IAS 37 based on expected failure rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭figrolls

I don't blame him though. Our pay is sh*t

Yes, but is he tax compliant and will we be issued a VAT receipt?!

figrolls wrote: »
    Yes, but is he tax compliant and will we be issued a VAT receipt?!

I wonder if he is compromising any ethical standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭figrolls

Did anybody give him a PM to see what the craic is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Ex 88

Hi Guys,

I have been reading this thread the past few weeks, and have to say its really given my a good insight, and the notes posted have been a great help!

I wish everybody the best of luck, and remember to bring your sandwiches, cut back on the liquids (less toilet breaks) and bring a cushion to sit on, your backside will be in bits after 3 days on them chairs!!

Anyway this Laois Lassie is off to Electric Picnic for the weekend, and will be relaxed and fresh for Tuesday!!!

Good Luck!

Thanks Laois Lassie , you now have me wandering around the house looking for a suitable cushion for the exam!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭louise1985

Anyone ever figure this out? Thanks :-)

if its for indicator 1,d 44 is 22430/40780 x 80 cent
    40 is 6696/9996 x 60 cent
    47 is 6696/9996 x 70 cent
    58 is 3822/7922x 1.20

if u cant work out any the above pm me i just had them written with solution but can look up how they came about f needs b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

Anyway this Laois Lassie is off to Electric Picnic for the weekend, and will be relaxed and fresh for Tuesday!!!

Good Luck!

I cannot believe you're going to Electric Picnic. I haven't left the house for weeks. Seriously. I'll be the Casper lookalike in the exam hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 FAE4EVA

Hey lads does anyone have Derry Cotters notes on IFRS9? Only have IAS 32/39 stuff..

Cheers

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Dee29

FAE4EVA wrote: »
    Hey lads does anyone have Derry Cotters notes on IFRS9? Only have IAS 32/39 stuff..

Cheers

:D

There you go

• Registered Users Posts: 3 feel so stupid

seriously f**k my life!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Username2011

BESman wrote: »
    I cannot believe you're going to Electric Picnic. I haven't left the house for weeks. Seriously. I'll be the Casper lookalike in the exam hall.

Thats not healthy man! Set a realistic amount of things to achieve in one day, a time to get it done by and then stop at that time. And enjoy your evenings/breaks. You'd go mad doing anything else sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Oh the thoughts of being handed this first paper and writing on those sh1tty little answer books they provide us with. I'm tempted to write LOCUST all over my first page to get my hand warmed up then proceed with the torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭notanocelot

Accrual Intentions,

I checked, and the FAE Board report says that elective is marked on sufficiency base only.

So it's not required that you get 'Competent' a specific number of times. Just that you get a sufficient mix of Cs and RCs to push you over the threshold.

Whatever they decide that threshold is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 Bobby Dazzles

If there are 9 indicators in the Elective, I'd be aiming to get at least 5 Cs, 3 RCs and 1 NC.

We'll never know, but in my view that would be enough to get over the line.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

If there are 9 indicators in the Elective, I'd be aiming to get at least 5 Cs, 3 RCs and 1 NC.

We'll never know, but in my view that would be enough to get over the line.

I doubt you'd even need 5 C's to be honest. Suppose it all depends on what they decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭upnorthchick

seriously have just faffed about sorting files thinking im gonna fly through this lmao! NOT
    tomorrow if a different day and ill wake up in middle of a cold sweat!!!

roll on thurs at 5.30 - ive neglected my elective its like the wee black sheep! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

A little schadenfreud guys....

A little schadenfreud guys....

What's the point in looking at that?

Yes, people are dying in hospitals.
    That in no way alters the stress I feel about getting my professional qualification.

What's the point in looking at that?

Yes, people are dying in hospitals.
    That in no way alters the stress I feel about getting my professional qualification.

Its all about mindset. At the end of the day, you're in an extremely fortunate position to be able to sit final professional exams next week, if you pass brilliant, if you fail then fair enough its a set back and an inconvenience but its not the end of the world. Unfortunately there's millions of people out there in worse positions and even more so, unfortunately many of us will suffer much bigger trials and tribulations in out personal lives than 3 exams next week.

I want to pass these exams more for everyone else than me. Last 3 months its been I can't do this I'm studying or I have no news because I was studying all day. I'd say everyone around me is more sick of these than I am.

Its all about mindset. At the end of the day, you're in an extremely fortunate position to be able to sit final professional exams next week, if you pass brilliant, if you fail then fair enough its a set back and an inconvenience but its not the end of the world. Unfortunately there's millions of people out there in worse positions and even more so, unfortunately many of us will suffer much bigger trials and tribulations in out personal lives than 3 exams next week.

1) We're not in 'an extremely fortunate position'. I don't define my life by its lack of starvation and I don't believe you do either.
    2) Indeed, the world won't end if we don't pass. But please don't make such broad generalisations. For some people it might be a truly serious setback, not to be belittled.
    3) Thinking that terrible things will happen to us in the future from an unknown source isn't helpful either.

Gonna cost me around 10k in actual + opportunity cost if I fail :D

I reckon the good karma I generated here will shield me from unfortunate events for a while

Shazam!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

I want to pass these exams more for everyone else than me. Last 3 months its been I can't do this I'm studying or I have no news because I was studying all day. I'd say everyone around me is more sick of these than I am.

I don't know how the other half and the parents have put up with me. As you said I need to pass these for everyone else's sake aswell as my own.

• Advertisement

1) We're not in 'an extremely fortunate position'. I don't define my life by its lack of starvation and I don't believe you do either.
    2) Indeed, the world won't end if we don't pass. But please don't make such broad generalisations. For some people it might be a truly serious setback, not to be belittled.
    3) Thinking that terrible things will happen to us in the future from an unknown source isn't helpful either.

Listen, you've your mindset, I've mine, I was just trying to project a positive mindset. I wish you all the luck in your exams.

Advertisement