Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 galr

aye your mental but sure arent we all.

no think your spot on wi core. if you notes are good you will be grand

as for PM i think 2 comp will do ya. but dont quote me on that.

well Paul Mon said 2 one day and 3 another day but have c from affrp so hoping that'll get me through..

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭upnorthchick

aye got few mixed messages from him few times re that.

aye got few mixed messages from him few times re that.

any opinions on mgmt acc?? i pray if it has to appear it's budgeting/variances (well manageable variances)... goodbye if fecking ABC sh*te comes up

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭MPBC123

There will b sum candles lit across Ireland on Tuesday!

aye if anything to do wi costing my f'd too.
    hoping budgets too and variances as in just analyse what they give you...
    im freaking out abt it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 Bobby Dazzles

To be fair to Paul Monahan, my recollection is of him saying that 3 Cs would DEFINITELY get you over the line in the depth test.

That doesn't mean that 2 Cs wouldn't.

It all depends.

aye if anything to do wi costing my f'd too.
    hoping budgets too and variances as in just analyse what they give you...
    im freaking out abt it.

Well good to hear someone else feels same. Critique budget would be fab.. Banking on ethics and corp gov to get me through bl. Paul Mon said anyone who failed BL last year failed on strat and ethics.. Strategy will be just on the day guess..

yea strategy is just a bull topic you can get it to be fair if you think about the industry.
    as for corp and ethics i have did a good bit on it so fingers crossed!!!
    so tired now just want it over with!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Chalk_Farm

Does that mean for core say that out of the 18 indicators or so you need to get C in 3 and RC in the rest!? Still confused about this whole marking!! :confused:

you need competent in BL and PM
    Audit tax etc only need RC
    its all a curve! load of tripe !

• Advertisement

Chalk_Farm wrote: »
    Does that mean for core say that out of the 18 indicators or so you need to get C in 3 and RC in the rest!? Still confused about this whole marking!! :confused:

Performance Measurement 5 inds need to get 3 c's out of 5 to DEF pass AAFRP one of those 5 so 4 will feature on the day poss 1 mgmt acc, 3 finan reporting.

Business Leadership 5 inds again need to hit 3 c's for DEF pass. ethics, corp gov .....

The other 4 will come up as 2/3 inds each and u need to probs hit RC twice in each..

This is just guess tho as they don't decide the marking until all marked.

Hope that helps

dont get hung up on it! honestly go and do what you see.

galr wrote: »
    Performance Measurement 5 inds need to get 3 c's out of 5 to DEF pass AAFRP one of those 5 so 4 will feature on the day poss 1 mgmt acc, 3 finan reporting.

Business Leadership 5 inds again need to hit 3 c's for DEF pass. ethics, corp gov .....

The other 4 will come up as 2/3 inds each and u need to probs hit RC twice in each..

This is just guess tho as they don't decide the marking until all marked.

Hope that helps

alot better than my attempt lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 Bobby Dazzles

Chalk_Farm wrote: »

Not really.

There are three elements.

- The Suffiency Test (the "main" test). You get X amount of "marks" for every RC and a higher amount of "marks" for every C and HC. In order to pass the Sufficiency Test, you need to get a certain number of marks (which is determined by the Institute and not released).

- The Depth Test. You need to get a certain number of Cs in Performance Measurement and Business Leadership. That number is determined by the Institute and not released. The consensus seems to be that 2 x 3 Cs would definitely be enough. There's a chance that 2 x 2 Cs could be enough.

- The Breadth Test. For the other four Super Six subjects. As above, but the standard's RC rather than C. Consensus seems to be that 2 RCs would be enough for a subject with 3 indicators examined.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that 6 Cs and 8 RCs (i.e: passing the Depth and Breadth Tests) would be enough to get you over the line in the Sufficiency Test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

These must be right up there with the longest exams around. I mean 4.5 hours sitting down is crazy when you think about it. If we were animals it would be regarded as cruelty.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭notanocelot

These must be right up there with the longest exams around. I mean 4.5 hours sitting down is crazy when you think about it. If we were animals it would be regarded as cruelty.

Better this than two 3hr20min Leaving Cert exams in one day though! I thought my hand was going to fall off that summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Ex 88

I'd rather do the leaving cert than this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

Man, you know what is harder than the FAEs?

Dark Souls: Prepare to die edition

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Siobhang4

are there any opinions out there on how many times we need to hit c for performance measurement?? 2/3?

also any advice re tax core I really haven't done much kinda hoping i'll scrape through with share-v-asset sale, cash extraction, retirement relief, holding co exemption.. am I mental?

Worried about PM myself...

Re Tax would look at all the reliefs, fav niece nephew, business asset, agri, dwelling, would read over them all anyway so that fresh in your hear... have all the relief covered, that was pauls advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭funkymonkey9

Siobhang4 wrote: »
    are there any opinions out there on how many times we need to hit c for performance measurement?? 2/3?

also any advice re tax core I really haven't done much kinda hoping i'll scrape through with share-v-asset sale, cash extraction, retirement relief, holding co exemption.. am I mental?

Worried about PM myself...

Re Tax would look at all the reliefs, fav niece nephew, business asset, agri, dwelling, would read over them all anyway so that fresh in your hear... have all the relief covered, that was pauls advice.
    Are they cat reliefs?I thought business asset relief was just about all they could expect us to know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭notanocelot

Are they cat reliefs?I thought business asset relief was just about all they could expect us to know?

First page of this doc might be handy. It's my notes on reliefs, their conditions and their clawbacks. Second page on income tax is a bit of a mess so don't bother with it.

Just noticed a typo: for business relief definition of a family co is that they control 75% of it, not 25%!

Contents of a strategic plan

http://tutor2u.net/business/strategy/business-plan-contents.html

Is CAPM on our syllabus?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LR987654

ferike1 wrote: »

Cheers, nice and concise.

Contents of a strategic plan

http://tutor2u.net/business/strategy/business-plan-contents.html

Is CAPM on our syllabus?

Would you not need it to work out WACC in some instances!?

For anyone that got my super notes I highly recommend checking out the audit ones. Specifically page 210 - key controls by process.
    Page 200 - Audit tests under each IAS - so what to do to test inventory, construction contracts, revenue etc.

Quick Tax reference

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭R0N BURGUNDY

Strategic plan = see Sim1 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Ex 88

Quick Tax reference

They're great thanks

• Advertisement

Radnom question but how many pages you intend writing per indicator (given the horrible pads that they provide)...and I know its all about quality over quantity but if you are given a quality answer I was thinking roughly a page and a half!?

No doubt someone will say "how long is a piece of string" :D

Advertisement