Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭louise1985

Ex 88 wrote: »
    So you'd suggest about 45 min planning time? I was thinking the same! If you rush straight in you could end up writing an indicator out that's not relevant! I did that in the mock I thought there was a Cor Gov indicator when I had just read the case wrong! If I have planned and read the case again that wouldn't of happened!

About the nerves, I bought rescue remedy yesterday and nearly have half the bottle gone already! Might try the calming tablets but don't want to be stoned going in!

I got the higher nature balance for nerves in health shop, one my friends that done FAE last year recommended them, maybe its all in the mindset just knowing you took a tablet but its seems to have worked for me previous so I'll try it again for the FAE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 galr

Ex 88 wrote: »
    So you'd suggest about 45 min planning time? I was thinking the same! If you rush straight in you could end up writing an indicator out that's not relevant! I did that in the mock I thought there was a Cor Gov indicator when I had just read the case wrong! If I have planned and read the case again that wouldn't of happened!

About the nerves, I bought rescue remedy yesterday and nearly have half the bottle gone already! Might try the calming tablets but don't want to be stoned going in!

Sorry but like do u mean 30 mins reading 45 planning yeah??

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Ex 88

Yeah that gives about 5/6 min planning each indicator after reading time!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 tt1

Double vodka and redull 9am tuesday will calm my nerves and make me focus nicely!!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭luco123

Would someone happen to know what the thresholds are that if exceeded the company must be audited?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

luco123 wrote: »
    Would someone happen to know what the thresholds are that if exceeded the company must be audited?

The amount of turnover of the company must not exceed €7.3 million

The assets of the company are less than €3.65 million at the end of it's financial year

The average number of employees must not exceed 50

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭okdune

God does anyone really really understand the likes of IAS 32, 39 and IFRS 7 - winging it and praying...

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

The assets of the company are less than €3.65 million at the end of it's financial year

And if their accounts/annual return is late filing it'll be audit for the next 3 years at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 thetrainee

I think you only lose the exemption in the year the ARD is missed and the following year!

thetrainee wrote: »
    I think you only lose the exemption in the year the ARD is missed and the following year!

I could be wrong but I was always of the understanding that you had to satisfy the audit exempt conditions for 3 years before you qualify for audit exempt again? Anyway, as long as you have the conditions for loss of exemption, thats all they'd need at core Id imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭luco123

[Quo
    te=luco123;80564737]Would someone happen to know what the thresholds are that if exceeded the company must be audited?

The average number of employees must not exceed 50[/Quote]

That's great thanks.
    Just to clarify... if the exceed one does it envoke an audit or must all three be exceeded?

Also IFRS 7..... I dont have notes on that... is it important? Anyone got any notes on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Dee29

Can anybody tell me in the Mock Comp 2012 - Design Art where the Average contribution per design hour in the year ended 31 May 2012 of 39.00 came from? I can work out the least profitable one of 13.10 so I am totally confused why this methology doesn't apply to the 1st calculation.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25 thetrainee

That's great thanks.
    Just to clarify... if the exceed one does it envoke an audit or must all three be exceeded?

You just need to have exceeded one! The ARD date shouldn't matter, but I reckon somat sneaky like a missed date might be thrown in or that the company may not have realised that they are over the thresholds! Non directive indicator style :(
    I could be wrong but I was always of the understanding that you had to satisfy the audit exempt conditions for 3 years before you qualify for audit exempt again? Anyway, as long as you have the conditions for loss of exemption, thats all they'd need at core Id imagine.

Its only that I had to deal with this issue in work before and explain to a client the affects of the missed date that I know!

CRO - If an Annual Return is late, the audit exemption is lost for two years - the current year and following year. The Registrar has no power to grant a derogation from this legal requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 FAE4EVA

Dee29 wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me in the Mock Comp 2012 - Design Art where the Average contribution per design hour in the year ended 31 May 2012 of 39.00 came from? I can work out the least profitable one of 13.10 so I am totally confused why this methology doesn't apply to the 1st calculation.

Thanks

It was calculated in indicator 1. See note 4 under the table in the solution.

Spent ages wondering the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭R0N BURGUNDY

The attached notes have a good example of company valuation - 4 methods page 36

Great mate - cheers!!! Tempted to go into work now and print this off.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭figrolls

Whats everybodys plan for the last two days??

Usually Im a cramming and panic study in the last week, but this week gone I've been rather lazy about the whole thing, barely reading a few bits here and there - I suppose what comes up on the day cant really be prepared for in some ways, such is the nature of these exams....

but if anybody has any ideas of what we should be looking over today and tomorrow that'd be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Ex 88

Are people expecting to see all super 6 examined on Tuesday? I'm getting very obsessed with non directive indicators just did southern fisheries and picked out 3 indicators which turned out not to be indicators at all FML

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Siobhang4

thetrainee wrote: »

that's correct :) roll on thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Dee29

FAE4EVA wrote: »
    It was calculated in indicator 1. See note 4 under the table in the solution.

Spent ages wondering the same!

Thanks for the response. But is 39.00 right? If the contribution is 1,604,000 and the hours are 27,000 that works out at 59.41!! or is it yet another typo?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Thanks for the response. But is 39.00 right? If the contribution is 1,604,000 and the hours are 27,000 that works out at 59.41!! or is it yet another typo?

Actual hours are much higher than ones recorded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭figrolls

It should be contribution of 1,604,000/36,000 with 36,000 being the total hours available, however they appear to have made a mistake and taken it as 1,404,000/36,000 which gives the €39

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭R0N BURGUNDY

I'm focusing on my strength : procrastinating

• Registered Users Posts: 27 FAE_UCH

Is it once it goes above any of the thresholds or does it have to go above them all??

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭froggatt2011

I'm signing off from the forum for now so thanks for all the help & the very best of luck to everyone. Stay positive and keep cool :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

Were the thresholds not increased recently? Thinks its €8.8m for turnover and €4.4m for assets now. Check CRO website.

figrolls wrote: »
    Whats everybodys plan for the last two days??

Usually Im a cramming and panic study in the last week, but this week gone I've been rather lazy about the whole thing, barely reading a few bits here and there - I suppose what comes up on the day cant really be prepared for in some ways, such is the nature of these exams....

but if anybody has any ideas of what we should be looking over today and tomorrow that'd be great!

Yeah im normally the same, trying to cram like crazy. I had a study plan done out for the last 4 or 5 days but since friday im taking it very easy. Even had a few hours planned before the football this afternoon but they've been very lazy days. Maybe its the fact that its indicators rather than proper questions that Im being a bit lax. Suppose its vital to be alert for these exams so you dont miss out something rather than wrecking yourself cramming.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Yet again i'm screwed - tried different tactics this year and i'm just realising now that i haven't a chance!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

Yet again i'm screwed - tried different tactics this year and i'm just realising now that i haven't a chance!!!!

Gotta stay positive man!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭funkymonkey9

In Thorpe clinic anyone know where the incremental cash inflow\outflow figures in appendix 1 come from? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Siobhang4

BESman wrote: »
    Were the thresholds not increased recently? Thinks its €8.8m for turnover and €4.4m for assets now. Check CRO website.
    it looks like these changes were made in 2012, do these apply then for the exam or the old rates?

Advertisement