Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 rums08

Siobhang4 wrote: »
    how are ye all planning the answers... really worried about getting C in PM...

Don't worry. All will fall into place once we see the paper on Tuesday!

Worst case - there is always next time.

My approach - Do your best and leave it to GOD. and then there is always next year.

:)

My two cents worth! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

Went to a medium who didn't know I had exams next week. She said outright that I was worried about college/study and that I shouldn't worry, gonna pass!

If I do, she was worth every penny.

Also, I **** you not. The name Bill Williams came up during the session. She asked me who he was. I was almost in tears from the laughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 PatACA

thats very interesting ! best of luck with exams - if u wudnt mind fwd on the medium details if at all possible ? tks !

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭reo49

ferike1 wrote: »
    Went to a medium who didn't know I had exams next week. She said outright that I was worried about college/study and that I shouldn't worry, gonna pass!

If I do, she was worth every penny.

Also, I **** you not. The name Bill Williams came up during the session. She asked me who he was. I was almost in tears from the laughter.

Did she mention me?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Username2011

reo49 wrote: »
    Did she mention me?

How could she not?

• Advertisement

reo49 wrote: »
    Did she mention me?

PM me your first name and I'll tell you. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭aca101

Tax question...are borrowing costs used to purchase an asset an allowable cost in calculating the capital gain if that asset is later sold? They wouldn't be allowable would they?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Ex 88

Quick question; what's the max amount of indicators they can put on the paper on Tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Siobhang4

Ex 88 wrote: »
    Quick question; what's the max amount of indicators they can put on the paper on Tuesday?

don't think its been specified but generally 8 for long q maybe 9 don't know for sure thou... hopefully will be obvious.

I'd say max 10

• Advertisement

Thanks I hope 8 ! fingers crossed for us all I hope the institute reads this thread and realises how hard we all work and how much we want this and goes easy on us :(

Thanks I hope 8 ! fingers crossed for us all I hope the institute reads this thread and realises how hard we all work and how much we want this and goes easy on us :(

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

That made my day! Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

Range I've usually seen mentioned is 7-9.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 galr

PatACA wrote: »
    thats very interesting ! best of luck with exams - if u wudnt mind fwd on the medium details if at all possible ? tks !

yeah i'd love to go to one! did they tell you any other impressive stuff??

galr wrote: »

She did indeed. Was v impressed

@ reo, actually come to think of it. She did mention you. Said someone you know wants a sixpack, you should tell them to ask you for advice. Since you mentioned it on the forum before I figured it must be you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

aca101 wrote: »
    Tax question...are borrowing costs used to purchase an asset an allowable cost in calculating the capital gain if that asset is later sold? They wouldn't be allowable would they?

No as any interest costs will be taken as a tax deduction for the company's charge to corporation tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭reo49

ferike1 wrote: »
    galr wrote: »

She did indeed. Was v impressed

@ reo, actually come to think of it. She did mention you. Said someone you know wants a sixpack, you should tell them to ask you for advice. Since you mentioned it on the forum before I figured it must be you :D

Can't be me, I already have one!

Pics or GTFO :P

Holding a piece of paper saying reo49 (so you can't cheat) lolz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 rums08

Hi all,

Thanks for all the help and support that I got through this forum.

Will be back on Thursday evening to report on how well/badly I did! :)

Good luck to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

I think today is a day to recharge the batteries. Once I make sure u have everything I need for the morning that'll be me done.

A fresh head will be more beneficial then last minute cramming.

Thanks for all the help guys and Best of luck everyone. I might check back in Thursday depending on how deflated I feel,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Username2011

Good luck everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LR987654

Is everyone bringing in a suitcase worth of notes?
    I am putting together a smaller file with all the summaries but I am thinking I will bring everything anyway as a back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭silverwatch

LR987654 wrote: »
    I am putting together a smaller file with all the summaries but I am thinking I will bring everything anyway as a back up.

Yes, you wouldn't know what random topic that might come up, best have everything

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭notanocelot

LR987654 wrote: »

Absolutely. There's no way it can hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Szewinska

Siobhang4 wrote: »
    Szewinska wrote: »
    I just have gone back through the thread. If anybody could pm me these notes if you have a spare minute i would greatly appreciate it.

those notes are really long about 7 sets and about 500 pages per set. say its alot of new notes to be getting day before... you prop have everything covered...

just hope we can all keep our heads on the day... and write fast enough... takes me forever to read the case aswell... :(

maybe i should just stick with ones im familiar with so.

thanks for passing on folks all the same.

butterflies are starting this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

Best of luck everyone....roll on Thursday at 5.30pm!! See ye in Cullens :D

What audit exemption thresholds are people using? The ones in our notes and PQAs or the new ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭funkymonkey9

What audit exemption thresholds are people using? The ones in our notes and PQAs or the new ones?
    The ones in our notes definitely!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭levi

Can someone stick up that PQA doc? I had it but now I can't seem to put my hand on it, want to make sure there's nothing it I need for tomorrow that's not in my notes already. Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 thetrainee

I know for def what's comin up! Something that's on some of the notes I just threw out during my folders downsizing!! Best of luck everyone!! Thanks for all the help and the moments of comic relief!!

Advertisement