Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Szewinska

ferike1 wrote: »
    I have two bags.

One is the main bag.

The other is for emergencies only. I think you are only stressing yourself more if you have a suitcase with everything. I printed off the acca notes I had for PM and stapled them into chapters. Should anything technical come up that I am stuck on, I whip out that chapter. Nothing for the soft stuff like strategy etc. that is just whatever happens to come up.

I swear the institute books are only good for kindling.

I am also gonna plant a bunch of trees in my garden after these exams. I swear the amount of paper used is ludicrous.

that could be a good thing mentally having two smaller bags than one large bag. iv just the one bag. my sisters suitcase.

bringing all cases and solutions and the lists under each subject of the indicators in each and also each subject notes and the various summary notes i liked on here that suited me.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭silverwatch

Eiriu wrote: »
    am I right in thinking that patent income is not taxable for Irish companies? What are the conditions surrounding this? I know it has been done away with for the individual

Any update on this? I am getting confused, thought this was abolished for companies too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Ok so I have a small suitcase (Right size for Ryan Air Hand Luggage)

In the suitcase there is

2 Folders One with my notes and one with solutions to case studies
    Tax Book
    Hr Book
    Auditing Book
    IMP Book
    Strategy Book
    Corp Gov Book
    Auditing Standards Book
    Financial Reporting Standards Book
    APM Book
    Pencil Case with enough pens probably for everyone in the exam hall plus tipex and highlighter
    Calculator

Will put fruit, cereal bars and drink in in the morning.

Am I forgetting anything or am I bringing too much. It is a small suitcase just more for convenience. You think doing shore diving with 12l cylinders I'd be used to the weight on my back but these notes and books are ridiculous.

Best of luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭notanocelot

I've got a hierarchy.

Summary binder + binder with printout summaries of all accounting standards ---> on my desk.
    FAE Tax book + ISAs + IFRS red/white book + another binder with bits and pieces ---> in my backpack easily accessible.
    Finance textbook + Mgt Acc textbook + material for BL + CAP2 tax book ---> top layer of suitcase.
    Everything else: in the suitcase somewhere.

Edited to say that with porridge for breakfast you'll never need to eat during an exam! Love that stuff, it's magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Szewinska

Any update on this? I am getting confused, thought this was abolished for companies too

I dont know enough to comment in case i put anyone away
    7upfree wrote: »
    Ok so I have a small suitcase (Right size for Ryan Air Hand Luggage)

In the suitcase there is

2 Folders One with my notes and one with solutions to case studies
    Tax Book
    Hr Book
    Auditing Book
    IMP Book
    Strategy Book
    Corp Gov Book
    Auditing Standards Book
    Financial Reporting Standards Book
    APM Book
    Pencil Case with enough pens probably for everyone in the exam hall plus tipex and highlighter
    Calculator

Will put fruit, cereal bars and drink in in the morning.

Am I forgetting anything or am I bringing too much. It is a small suitcase just more for convenience. You think doing shore diving with 12l cylinders I'd be used to the weight on my back but these notes and books are ridiculous.

Best of luck everyone.

no notes from lectures?

• Advertisement

Szewinska wrote: »
    I dont know enough to comment in case i put anyone away

no notes from lectures?

Some of my lecture notes are in my notes folder. I have summary notes for all the subjects rather than every note I ever got for lecture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

ROFL

I didn't go to any lectures really.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LR987654

Some of my lecture notes are in my notes folder. I have summary notes for all the subjects rather than every note I ever got for lecture.

I have way too much notes, but I have 1 summary folder with a synopsis of all the main subjects.

ferike1 wrote: »
    ROFL

I didn't go to any lectures really.

After CAP 2's I actually made a really good attempt at going to lectures. Some of them were a complete waste of time some of them were beneficial.

I think i have actually forgotten everything I ever learned in relation to accounting. I have been nauseous for the last few days. Who ever invented these exams should be shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Dee29

Cushion - for comfort and extra height so I can write properly....

On the Patent question - My memory was Sean said it wasn't examinable and I have all the the slides that refer to patents crossed out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Best of luck to everyone this week

Who ever invented these exams should be shot.

The last year of the old FAEs my department had a 100% pass rate. I hate being compared to them! Why can't we have those easy ones back?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Siobhang4

look at page 114 of this thread for your answer...

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭upnorthchick

Good luck - needless to say i have been to sainsburys, the corner shop and tescos even tried marks and spencer - no tippex in sight - - when were you allowed tippex in schools?? lol ach well liquid pen will have to do.....

good night guys and good luck...... take it handy tonite and stop stressing, hot showers and bed! and yes porridge in the morning and i have one hell of a suitcase with me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eiriu

Siobhang4 wrote: »
    look at page 114 of this thread for your answer...

I was asking about patent income for companies, not interest as a charge, sorry for any confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭tomfoolery60

Eiriu wrote: »
    I was asking about patent income for companies, not interest as a charge, sorry for any confusion.

AFAIK it is gone from ROI - a victim of the budget. It doesn't appear in any of the materials as a structuring point in the 2011/12 FAE Tax Core material.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭louise1985

quick reminder dont forget the finance tables for tomorrow just incase!! Best of luck and thanks for all the help over last while :D

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭upnorthchick

there in back of anne marie wards book!!
    roll on thurs 5.31!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Siobhang4

hey guys in relation to tax what CGT rate are people using... 25% or 30%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

25%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 LR987654

quick question, is the e-mail printed version of the exam letter ok for tomorrow, I have mislaid the actual letter?

Siobhang4 wrote: »
    hey guys in relation to tax what CGT rate are people using... 25% or 30%

25%.
    I printed out the tax reference material they gave alongside the CAP 2 exams in July and it says 25%. Everything's 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭wheatser

Guys,

I cant seem to find my letter from the institute. i must have deleted it by accident. Do we really need it?

wheatser wrote: »
    Guys,

I cant seem to find my letter from the institute. i must have deleted it by accident. Do we really need it?

My experience is that when you don't have it tomorrow they'll ask you to at least bring it in one of the days.
    Go to the FAE e-mail address now and ask them to resend it to you. They'll do it first thing tomorrow. Then get it printed out tomorrow evening or (if you're doing the elective) Wednesday evening at worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭WeeDeee

Guys,

yea they said to def bring it

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Colts

Just wanted to say best of luck to everyone over the next few days.

It'll all be over in 68 hours! It's a hard slog but give it all you have, you've all been working towards it long enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭okdune

Guys,

Check your trash / rubbish!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭okdune

Good luck everyone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 whytenc

WeeDeee wrote: »
    yea they said to def bring it

Ive managed to lose mine the last two years and its never been a prob....dont stress about it, they dont mind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭WeeDeee

goodluck everybody and remember all we can do is our very best :)

Advertisement