Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When to start looking for work?

Options
  • 05-01-2012 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a question in relation to emigrating to Australia on a 457 visa.

As I'm not eligible for a WHV I would need to have a sponsored job lined up before I head over.

I will be free to go over from May 2012 onwards and I'm a qualified chartered accountant so would be looking for a job in that area.

I understand it's very difficult to get sponsored before starting in a company but id like to give it a try. My boyfriends also in the same position so we just need one of us to get lucky!

Does anyone have any advice on when to start applying for jobs? Would now be too early? And are there and recruitment agencies that would be particularly recommended?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

what kind of experience do you have? There is a good demand for accountants.

I personally think 5 months is too far, but maybe March/April.

Yes it is difficult to apply, but not impossible, an accountant with a couple of years exp could get a job here.

I know a few accountants here and can pass on your CV, most of them are sponsored either through a recruitment company or directly.

But maybe closer to the time.

The one thing about recruitment agency is that they want their money now, rather than 5 months down the line

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭greenprincess

Try looking up the London job fair Australian companies go there looking for people

Advertisement