Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Record Stores In Waterford

Options
  • 05-01-2012 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,888 ✭✭✭✭

Since BPM closed down, I've found it hard to find decent CDs. The only two record stores that I know of in Waterford are Rainbow Records and Golden Discs. Rainbow Records is the only one I go to since I find that Golden Discs is far too expensive and the selection there is crap.

So, does anyone know of any other decent record stores around Waterford City or any new ones that might be opening up anytime soon?

I don't really expect for any new stores to open up though, given the state of the economy and the music industry at the moment.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Does it have to be Waterford city?

I know a number of people who travel to Dungarvan to visit Ben O'Neils.

Guy named Joe working in there is a proper music die hard, seriously knows his ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,888 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

It doesn't necessarily have to be in the city but I'd prefer if it was.

Whereabouts in Dungarvan is the place you were talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 denis behan city legend

If only there was my friend. The closure of BPM while inevitable, was hard to take. Waterford's a sadder place without it.

There won't be anything else opening I suspect.

I get my tunes now on amazon, i tunes, plugd in Cork or HMV in Dublin, Cork or in the UK, although HMV are increasingly limited in their choice if you like something a little left of centre. And, I'd bet you anything they'll have gone bust by Christmas, mores the pity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Suas11 wrote: »
    ... I've found it hard to find decent CDs. The only two record stores that I know of in Waterford ...
    Record shops. They're fecken record shops, we are not American (or Canadian or any a dem tings)

Yeah, I had a feeling there wouldn't be anywhere else. There is a record fair that comes by every couple of months though and they tend to have a lot of great albums on sale.

• Advertisement

mathepac wrote: »
    Record shops. They're fecken record shops, we are not American (or Canadian or any a dem tings)

Lol, ok. Calm down.

As you come in to The Square in dungarvan, take a right @ the traffic lights, and head down that road, past subway, new look and super valu, it's on the left then.

What style of stuff are you looking for?

eeloe wrote: »
    As you come in to The Square in dungarvan, take a right @ the traffic lights, and head down that road, past subway, new look and super valu, it's on the left then.

What style of stuff are you looking for?

Thanks

I know that everybody says this but I listen to a bit of everything. However, the main stuff that I'd be looking for would be punk rock, psychedelic rock, jazz and alternative rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭MiseryCat

Since BPM closed down, I've found it hard to find decent CDs. The only two record stores that I know of in Waterford are Rainbow Records and Golden Discs. Rainbow Records is the only one I go to since I find that Golden Discs is far too expensive and the selection there is crap.

So, does anyone know of any other decent record stores around Waterford City or any new ones that might be opening up anytime soon?

I don't really expect for any new stores to open up though, given the state of the economy and the music industry at the moment.

Golden discs in Waterford city Sucks ass:mad: lacking in choice of music wise ,Rip-off prices for their dvd boxsets and they really do need better selection in everything.I would get a new movie dvd at tesco store price wise its cheaper there and HMV store is way better then Golden Disc in selection music and dvds Too bad we don't have HMV store in Waterford City.

MiseryCat wrote: »
    Golden discs in Waterford city Sucks ass:mad: lacking in choice of music wise ,Rip-off prices for their dvd boxsets and they really do need better selection in everything.I would get a new movie dvd at tesco store price wise its cheaper there and HMV store is way better then Golden Disc in selection music and dvds Too bad we don't have HMV store in Waterford City.

I pretty much agree with everything you said. I so wish we had a HMV in Waterford or Wexford.

• Advertisement

Thanks

I know that everybody says this but I listen to a bit of everything. However, the main stuff that I'd be looking for would be punk rock, psychedelic rock, jazz and alternative rock.

Joe is definitely the man you want to speak to.

Even if you set a day a side and took a spin down just for a chat with him it'll be worth the spin, he lives for the music, and loves educating people that ask about it. You never know what you'll come home with.

Advertisement