Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballybeg House - good local pubs/restaurants?

• 05-01-2012 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭

A few of us are going to be staying close to Ballybeg House for a wedding in April this year. I think we are staying in Tinahely, or that is the plan anyway!
    We're renting a house from a thurs through to a saturday (wedding is on the friday) and were wondering is there anywhere within a shortish taxi ride to go for a few drinks and dinner the thurs and the satuday night? Are there any late opening bars on a saturday?
    None of us are familiar with the area so looking for some tips please!!
    Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Ballybeg is a stones throw from Annacurra where there is a nice pub, the Saltee. Nearer still is Ballinglen (almost walking distance) where there is a pub, but I've never been in that one so can't speak for it. Aughrim and Tinahely are pretty equidistant from Ballybeg and each has a few pubs. While not the nearest it might be worth a trip to the Dying Cow pub in Stranakelly which is on the Wicklow way between Tinahely and Shillelagh. I've heard good reports about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭emilyjmc

Thanks for that - much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 40 merc609

Really the only place near ballybeg/tinahely area with a selection of bars and restaurants would be arklow for the saturday night. 2 or 3 late bars and about 30euro taxi trip for 4 ppl., joe o tooles in aughrim have a trad session on a thurs night which does be quite good....

Advertisement