Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Dundalk Tattooist?

Options
  • 05-01-2012 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a Dundalk Tattooist?
    I know of a few, but would like to hear if anyone has had some good pieces done by them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

Johnny,

Just in case you're not aware of it, there's a Tattoos and Piercings forum here on boards. The good folks there might be able to help with your request if you don't get any replies here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=358

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

*snip*

Good place beside Toolfix on Dublin/Park st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

*snip*

Thanks for the heads up.
    I had a look on his website and wasn't impressed. His preferred style isn't what I am looking for anyway. I saw that other shop and will check it out.
    I think I may end up going to Tuesday in Ardee. Her work is class. Its more what I am looking for as I want something in colour with fine detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Tramp Stamps !!

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

What proof have you got or what exactly do you mean his "ink is terrible", this guy is very talented yes he has his own twist on things but if you want a specific piece done he will have no problem doing it.
    Have you got one done by him? or do you just not like his style?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

Johnny check out darkvalley in peters st in Drogheda . Couple of different artists working there so most styles catered for .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

I agree macadam Gus is a damn good imo! Dunny i too would be interested in why you have a poor impression?

Person I know got two done, both faded quite quick

Dunny! wrote: »
    Person I know got two done, both faded quite quick

So you yourself have no experience, have even got a tattoo?.
    If your friends tattoo faded it could be his own fault for not looking after it correctly he could have applied some numbing cream before hand and this would be his own fault and he should have went back with it, I have no problem with him and he fixed a few of mine that werent just right and done by others mentioned here on Boards.
    As for the ink he uses I have seen the same ink in most local tattoo shops, so your talking pure BULLSH!T..

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Guys and girls. Please keep this civil. The OP is looking for recommendations, not places to avoid, criticism of businesses posted here without anything to back it up will be removed. It is very unfair on business people to have their businesses put down without anything to back it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Norma_Desmond

I would go with Gus in Cucullain tattoos. I have gotten 7 tattoos from him, was delighted with them all, prices were very reasonable and he does a good job!

Strange? No replies from OP or Dunny.

Are they the same person? Yes me thinks.

Trying to spoil a good decent artist without any proof? I definitely would say so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

macadam wrote: »

Trying to spoil a good decent artist without any proof? I definitely would say so.

No. I have decided to get my tattoo done by Tuesday in Ardee. Her style is more what I am looking for. I have heard good and bad reports about Gus, his style isn't what I am looking for though so it doesn't matter. I would rather travel to get the piece done as I want it, by someone who does that style.

Hold on, I will get the bloke and ask to take pics and post here for you. Cop on man

I have no reason to lie, why the hell would I ?

Unless it's you GUS

I knew that would get a response, good timing lads see the the clocks go off within a few minutes as usual.
    No I am not Gus, but I am a customer have a number of them by various artists going back 20+ years and Gus is the best I have come across yet except for Johnny Eagle (RIP) who done my first five.
    As I said RE your friends Tat it may have been his own fault and not the artist he more than likely didnt take proper care of it could have applied something he shouldnt have before or after.
    Your OP was totally out of order as can be seen by the deletion by MODs.

Gus doesnt get up this early...

I am not questioning gus talents, only the fact the tats were done and they faded quite quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

I knew that would get a response, good timing lads see the the clocks go off within a few minutes as usual.
    No I am not Gus, but I am a customer have a number of them by various artists going back 20+ years and Gus is the best I have come across yet except for Johnny Eagle (RIP) who done my first five.
    As I said RE your friends Tat it may have been his own fault and not the artist he more than likely didnt take proper care of it could have applied something he shouldnt have before or after.
    Your OP was totally out of order as can be seen by the deletion by MODs.

Gus doesnt get up this early...
    The Mod done his job and also issued a warning, but you couldnt let it lie and had to hit back with a bit of back seat modding as well as a a bit of shilling for 'the Gus'.:rolleyes:

The Mod done his job and also issued a warning, but you couldnt let it lie and had to hit back with a bit of back seat modding as well as a a bit of shilling for 'the Gus'.:rolleyes:
    Didnt see anyone getting a warning on this thread, I am entitled to post the thread is not closed.

Not much point Dunny coming on here running down someones business and not having a clue about how the said business works or anything about it.
    As I said earlier in the thread their could be countless reasons Dunny's friend tattoo faded if the artist was at fault he should have returned to get it sorted, but I doubt that was the case I would genuinely believe it wasnt cared for correctly and thats why it faded what part of the anatomy was the tattoo inked on?
    As for stirring things up, is that not what your at or have you anything else to say that could add to the OPs post.

I have no connection to Gus other than I am a satisfied customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

With respects to the above, Dunny is entitled to his opinion of a service delivered. It's all about Customer Service Satisfaction.

Some people have awful issues with businesses and other's have nothing but great experiences. The question was asked, the response was snipped. Can't we all just be friends ? :)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Sometimes people just need to chill out, and take a couple of minutes to think about what they post before they post. Some of the posts on here have had absolutely nothing to do with what the OP has asked for, yet people have gone out of their way to post it.

macadam and Dunny, now have yellows for what has been posted after I had warned to keep it civil. One more from either and its a red.

Thread closed as OP has found their tattooist.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement