Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place for full Irish around Santry ?

Options
  • 06-01-2012 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭

A greasy spoon would be fine or...around Santry. Tia

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Not sure if there are any greasy spoons around the area anymore. But you could try one of the hotels in Crowne Plaza. They should do a full irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Not sure if there are any greasy spoons around the area anymore. But you could try one of the hotels in Crowne Plaza. They should do a full irish.

Crowne Plaza do a very good breakfast, a buffet with the works. It's expensive at 18e though.

Andersons in Ballymun do a decent one, little bit too fancy for my tastes. A little further afield, Woodstock Cafe down in Phibsboro is a proper greasy spoon!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Sarah's on shanowen road (beside the garda station),do an amazing full irish breakfast roll..sausages,pudding,rashers and eggs...i'm sure you can get it without the roll too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Cheers, ended up in Graham O'Sullivan's in Northside SC - AVOID !

vicwatson wrote: »

There was one on dawson st ages ago..hated it too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Degsy wrote: »
    There was one on dawson st ages ago..hated it too!

And there's still one in Artane Castle SC...no comment ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭strife

Brams cafe in fairviews not bad for a fry up! its the only place i know of around that way, Years ago when i was a young lads there was a lovely place in northside shopping centre but thats gone now :(

strife wrote: »
    Brams cafe in fairviews not bad for a fry up! its the only place i know of around that way, Years ago when i was a young lads there was a lovely place in northside shopping centre but thats gone now :(

Cafe in finglas village beside superquin do excellent fryups.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

There's also woodmill cafe behind the maxol at artane castle, cinnamon cafe at the aib at the artane roundabout and the cafe in coolock village is not bad either

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Andersons in Ballymun do a decent one, little bit too fancy for my tastes.

Where the hell is that? Edit As in where in Ballymun?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

Bambi wrote: »
    Where the hell is that? Edit As in where in Ballymun?

Its just off Griffith ave, between Mobhi rd and Drumcondra Rd, defo not Ballymun!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

vicwatson wrote: »

Graham O'Sullivans is vile, nowhere near value for money

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

what about the swiss cottage. do they serve food?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Kewpie

The restaurant in Sportslink (Furry Park, Santry) does a very good full Irish breakfast (surprisingly enough - given that it's a sports complex!) The restaurant is called The Clubhouse and it's open every day - you don't have to be a member or to be using the facilities to eat there.

Beaumont House pub does a decent enough breakfast as well if that isn't too far out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

pabloh999 wrote: »
    Its just off Griffith ave, between Mobhi rd and Drumcondra Rd, defo not Ballymun!:eek:

oh yeah, its on the rise, I walk past it everyday :o. They wouldnt appreciate people calling that the mun lol

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

The cafe across from Superquinn in Finglas is good, not amazing but the nicest in Finglas. Not sure what its called but most people I know call it "No Pyjama's" because they use to have a sign on the door that said....wait for it....No Pyjama's

The nicest fry-up I've had in the D9 area, is the newish cafe beside the Regency hotel. Not sure of the name, but its at the end of the centra store looking out onto the road and across to plunketts. One of the nicest in Dublin.

I will say this though, I was on a health buzz a few weekends ago and not in the humour of a fry-up so I got the vegetarian brekkie. It was absolutely dreadful. Really below par. How they can master one and mess up the other is beyond me.

A close second best would be the cafe beside the Super Valu in Lorcan (opposite the kilmardinny inn)

Advertisement