Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there options for mature students to cover the £9k costs for uni in uk?

Options
  • 06-01-2012 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm about to (hopefully) enter into a final year with a UK university to gain my degree (did my first two here in a PLC in Dublin)..the problem is the cost in the UK at the moment is €9k!!

I can't cover that its way too much and to be honest even if it was only a third of that i still wouldn't have the money to cover it.

So i'm just wondering is there anything i could apply for as a mature student to cover this?

Or could I apply for a grant both here and in the uk?

I'm on btea here and if it wasn't for that there's no way I'd be able to study at all. Having put almost two years in already I'd really like to get the full degree.

If anyone can give me some pointers I'd hugely appreciate it!
    Thanks
    DrF.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭ronano

Don't take what i say as gospel because it's been few years since i researched the information.

Student fees are covered by the student loan company if it's a degree, you do your degree, if you earn over x amount they will take repayment in small amounts.

http://www.slc.co.uk/

I hope it's of some help and good luck in what you do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

HI OP,

Look at the UK government info website. It has a lot of info on student finance for different categories of applicants in the UK.
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/EducationAndLearning/UniversityAndHigherEducation/StudentFinance/index.htm

The EU students section would be the one to look at for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭scoob70

Wow 9k!! What degree are you wanting to do in the UK that costs 9k for 1 year?? Can you not complete your qualification in Ireland?

Advertisement