Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

elverys deal on runners in limerick

• 06-01-2012 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

elverys deal on runners
    Hi there, this is my first post and am basically trying to save some money if anyone is interested! Elverys have a deal on at the moment where if you buy a pair of runners, you can buy a second pair for half price. I want to buy a pair of asics gel kayano 18 worth 155 euro and am wondering if anyone out there (in the limerick area) is thinking about spending that sort of money on runners. If so, here is my idea. We would meet up at elverys and between us we'd buy the two pairs of runners for 155 + 77.50 = Total of 232.50 euro therefore saving us both 38.75 each! There is not catch here,you can even keep the receipt.Just to recap...

Seperately, me buying runners cost 155 euro
    you buying runners cost 155 euro
    Total 310 euro

but buying them together the total is 232.50 euro and that means we only spend 116.25 each saving 38.75...Genius,I know and hopefully someone else thinks so.Thanks for reading smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

i went and looked in tipp there today. at any of the nice pairs of runners e.g the 115 euro ones (asics-2160) are 60 pound ~75 euro on amazon... so just didnt seem worth it to me.

i saw those 155 euro ones but cant remember what brand they were, think i saw them also for around 80-100pound (depends on sizes etc)

and of course free delivery

as for your idea. yes if people arent buying online or just need something by tomorrow - its definately the way to go.

I just bought a cheap pair off amazon there now though. cant argue with 45 euro for what seems to be a decent pair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

trr.runner wrote: »
    elverys deal on runners
    Hi there, this is my first post and am basically trying to save some money if anyone is interested! Elverys have a deal on at the moment where if you buy a pair of runners, you can buy a second pair for half price. I want to buy a pair of asics gel kayano 18 worth 155 euro and am wondering if anyone out there (in the limerick area) is thinking about spending that sort of money on runners. If so, here is my idea. We would meet up at elverys and between us we'd buy the two pairs of runners for 155 + 77.50 = Total of 232.50 euro therefore saving us both 38.75 each! There is not catch here,you can even keep the receipt.Just to recap...

Seperately, me buying runners cost 155 euro
    you buying runners cost 155 euro
    Total 310 euro

but buying them together the total is 232.50 euro and that means we only spend 116.25 each saving 38.75...Genius,I know and hopefully someone else thinks so.Thanks for reading smile.gif

The complication of it all! Shop around in the sales, JJB, Lifestyle etc... I'm sure I saw the 18's at €105 over the last couple of days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

I think this is a pretty good idea for anyone in the area! Saves the hassle of having to send back in the case of wrong sizes etc! Best of luck op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

Got 2 pairs of 2160 in 53Degrees North last week go €69. That's not each, that's for the two pairs. Was the deal of the year for me. Am now done buying runners for 2012. They had a few large sizes left, not sure what they would have now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 trr.runner

Think i'll buy them on elverys online website. There is a good sale on at the moment.Oh yeah,the site is...www.elverys.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭mithril

trr.runner wrote: »
    Think i'll buy them on elverys online website. There is a good sale on at the moment.Oh yeah,the site is...www.elverys.ie
    Do you work for Elverys?

Advertisement