Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hosting own Business Server

Options
  • 06-01-2012 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi,

We have a broadband business package with eircom and are interested in running our own business server. We have a hosted server with another company, it is used for file transfers to remote computers. They also host our website. Hosting our own server at the business would cut down on several bsuines costs for us (server rental and website hosting). Is doing this a possibility?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi thebossanova,

Thank you for posting on eircom Boards' Forum.

It is possible to host your own mail or webserver. Some larger businesses would prefer to do this. However, many businesses would prefer their Internet provider to host-manage their mail /webserver (website) etc, as this may actually save money in the long run.

I would recommend that you request a call back from our Business Team. They can advise you on our Business packages, including hosting mail and web services.

Request A Call Back

Please also visit our Business Products website for additional information on all our services available:

http://business.eircom.net/business-complete/

Let me know if I can advise you further.

Kind regards,
    Ant

Hi,

We have a broadband business package with eircom and are interested in running our own business server. We have a hosted server with another company, it is used for file transfers to remote computers. They also host our website. Hosting our own server at the business would cut down on several bsuines costs for us (server rental and website hosting). Is doing this a possibility?

Thanks.

Advertisement