Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

triathlon club-dublin north

• 06-01-2012 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

hey,asked this a while back but just wondering if any new tri clubs have been formed? heard there was new one in howth? from malahide myself...considering swords cc and maybe raheny running...any thoughs appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭glennbhoy

piranha or finglas

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭tinydave

Fingal Triathlon Club
    www.fingaltri.ie
    :):D:)

Swim training in the NAC
    Running in Skerries
    Cycling starts in Lusk
    Turbo Training classes in Rush

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

tinydave wrote: »
    Fingal Triathlon Club
    www.fingaltri.ie

Swim training in the NAC
    Running in Skerries
    Cycling starts in Lusk

North Dublin, not North County Dublin........ :)

3dtri either.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Fingal Triathlon Club
    www.fingaltri.ie

Swim training in the NAC
    Running in Skerries
    Cycling starts in Lusk

Going to join this club in the next week or 2 hopefully, need to get my cycling sorted big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Joeyde

Piranha is a great northside club. Swim in westwood clontarf and run and bike from there as well. Lots of new members joining for the new year and a new to tri programme starting soon for newbies.

www.piranhatri.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Fingal Triathlon Club
    www.fingaltri.ie

Swim training in the NAC
    Running in Skerries
    Cycling starts in Lusk

Big thumbs up to these guys, seems like a really well run club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

jester1980 wrote: »
    Going to join this club in the next week or 2 hopefully, need to get my cycling sorted big time.

Watch out for dave.........i believe he's missing a toe nail:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

There's a good few North Dublin clubs, what I would say is to look at them all (Piranha, 3D, Fingal, Activ Multisport) and see who's training best fits in with your life, where you live and where you work. Also decide what you want from a club.

Are you a beginner look for a new to tri type programme or are you looking to move up to a higher level and want similar people to be training with? If you're a beginner have you higher aspirations and can the club help you with that? What's the clubs social side like? Email the contacts from the Tri Ireland page and see how quick you get a response (do you want to join a club that takes a week to answer your query?) There's a fair few members of each of them on here so you could always PM anyone of us with questions too and I'm sure you would get a friendly response.

It's not always black and white though, I know a member of one club who never goes bike or run training with his tri-club because it's too far away and on too early, but he likes the members and enjoys the swim.

Advertisement