Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

road between ex Jackie Skellys and Greystones

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Apparently the snag list has been sent by Wicklow CC to Zapi. Zapi have up to 6 weeks (starting last week I think) to respond saying how they'll proceed, but it should be quicker. Fingers crossed.
    i think it needs to be complete by the end of feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

This was in the Simon Harris newsletter this evening:

Undertaking on Charlesland Works

Wicklow County Council has confirmed significant works will be undertaken at Charlesland estate in Greystones by the developer in February.

Among the works to be completed will be repairs to the traffic lights on the dual carriage way, the 47 broken street lights on the same road, and the completion of pedestrian crossings. Work on these urgent and important safety issues has long been requested by residents.

I have been ensured the Council intends to take enforcement action unless this work is completed satisfactorily and I will continue to work with Charlesland residents on this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

About time.

Some bulbs are gone in the main Charlesland traffic lights now also.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

How is replacing burned out light bulbs part of a snag list? Do they think once they are replaced, the job is finished?

WCC needs to take over this "private" road if the owner isn't going to maintain it on an ongoing basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

How is replacing burned out light bulbs part of a snag list? Do they think once they are replaced, the job is finished?

WCC needs to take over this "private" road if the owner isn't going to maintain it on an ongoing basis.

From my understanding, there was an agreement in place regarding the condition of the road so WCC are holding Zapi to that agreement. It's Zapi's responsibility to ensure that the lights are done, the broken barricades fixed, etc. and WCC won't release the bond until it's done. Then WCC will take ownership of the road. Apparently plans, including suggested names for the roads, have long-since been submitted, so this is the final step. Or so I'm led to believe.

• Advertisement

€5 says that the bond isn't there to give back anymore....

maybe even contributed to the cost of the land they had to buy last year behing three trouts! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Is it just from JS down, what about from JS to the dual carriageway ?

Is that council land ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Merrilady wrote: »
    Is it just from JS down, what about from JS to the dual carriageway ?

Is that council land ?

I think its from the Kilcoole roundabout to the swimming pool roundabout which is Zapi.

From Kilcoole roundabout to N11 I think is in charge by council.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

End of Feb was mentioned. It's come and gone and I see no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

FirstIn wrote: »
    End of Feb was mentioned. It's come and gone and I see no difference.

mentioned by Matt-Dublin - not a councillor or TD or council official

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

Zapi have up to 6 weeks (starting last week I think) to respond saying how they'll proceed, but it should be quicker. Fingers crossed.

I'm not sure this 6 weeks to just respond is even up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Honestly!

Ciaranpm wrote: »
    Not likely

I got a call from Airtricity today and they advised me that the road is not in their system and as a result they can't fix them as they won't get paid and he gave me names of a few heads in Wicklow co co to ring that employ them.

He sounded like a decent bloke not that he could help next stop elected officials and Wicklow co co.

They can shove €100 where the sun dont shine

Spot on! But lights still off! ZAPI (/ Ballymore / Mountbrook) have a project costing hundred of millions in London including a new US Embassy but they use an béal bocht when it comes to servicing THEIR property in Charlesland and providing the playground required under the planning approval.

George Jones and Co. did sterling work in promoting all of Zapi's planning applications so it is incumbent on them to at least ensure that Zapi meet basic standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Ciaranpm

Honestly! wrote: »
    Ciaranpm wrote: »
    Not likely

I got a call from Airtricity today and they advised me that the road is not in their system and as a result they can't fix them as they won't get paid and he gave me names of a few heads in Wicklow co co to ring that employ them.

He sounded like a decent bloke not that he could help next stop elected officials and Wicklow co co.

They can shove €100 where the sun dont shine

Spot on! But lights still off! ZAPI (/ Ballymore / Mountbrook) have a project costing hundred of millions in London including a new US Embassy but they use an béal bocht when it comes to servicing THEIR property in Charlesland and providing the playground required under the planning approval.

George Jones and Co. did sterling work in promoting all of Zapi's planning applications so it is incumbent on them to at least ensure that Zapi meet basic standards.

once the six weeks as reported above has passed and if nothing has happened I am going to email any one who will listen on this maybe it's time for a bit of Joe duffayyy!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I'm not sure this 6 weeks to just respond is even up yet.

Just wondering Who mentioned this 6 weeks?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Just wondering Who mentioned this 6 weeks?
    noone, i gave an estimate of the end of feb based on something i had heard but nothing concrete

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lakeroad

I just passed a service truck with a telescopic arm on the back replacing bulbs on the stretch of road between Superquinn and Jackie Skellys. Hopefully the pedestrian crossing are next on their list.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

All the street lights on the link road through Charlesland were fixed during the week after being broken for years.

Advertisement