Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Research and Taught Masters

Options
  • 06-01-2012 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭

Hey! so im applying to a masters course in the next few weeks

is there much of difference between a research masters and a taught masters?
    would a research one be like a phd where you just work on a thesis??

also on the application can you apply for both research and taught ones on the same application or a different one? (EDIT) its for the same uni!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CXL2011

Hi there,

I'm currently doing a research Masters and is judged only on a written thesis and presentation to an external examiner. It's very similar to a Phd as most of it involves labwork and thinking of your own two feet.

Hope this helps!

R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

CXL2011 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm currently doing a research Masters and is judged only on a written thesis and presentation to an external examiner. It's very similar to a Phd as most of it involves labwork and thinking of your own two feet.

Hope this helps!

R

Hey! Thanks for the reply!

hmmm interesting! now im even more tempting to do a research one!
    im currently doing a mini thesis for my final year and i absolutely love the research involved. last year i also had to do a research essay and i loved all of it as i was doing it by myself!

thanks dude.......i assume you are a dude haha sorry if im wrong!! :o

Advertisement