Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Parking Disc

Options
  • 06-01-2012 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

Where do i get it and how much?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Thanks in advance
    which town?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Thanks in advance

for where? and are you talking about a residents street parking disk or just regular disks?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I've never seen a pony with a parking disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

Those discs always leave me confused when I'm in Ireland. I was driving through Asdee one day and I wanted to get out of the car and look around but I couldn't figure out where I could park. I looked at the disc for clues about what it allowed me to do and what it didn't allow me to do, but I couldn't make head nor tail out of it (other than the car was a black Kia - and I didn't need to look at the disc for that.)

:confused:

And why cars are parked half on the sidewalk at night?

copyofdiscimg1657.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Those discs always leave me confused when I'm in Ireland. I was driving through Asdee one day and I wanted to get out of the car and look around but I couldn't figure out where I could park. I looked at the disc for clues about what it allowed me to do and what it didn't allow me to do, but I couldn't make head nor tail out of it (other than the car was a black Kia - and I didn't need to look at the disc for that.)

:confused:

Thats a Tax disc, showing that you've paid motor tax for the period shown at the top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

11811 wrote: »

Thats a Tax disc, showing that you've paid motor tax for the period shown at the top.

Oh.

Now I feel foolish. (In my own defence, I did say I was confused about it.)

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

UPDATE: Sorry, tralee town.
    May rent a flat in town but no private parking so was told i would need to get street parking/resident parking disc.

Do i get it in the tralee town council office near the bandon hotel.
    How much should i expect to pay weekly/monthly?
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Haven't a clue how much they charge, but this must be the place:
    Tralee Town Council,
    Prince's Quay,
    Tralee,
    Co. Kerry
    Tel: +353 66 7121633
    Fax: +353 66 7124620
    Email: townclerk@traleetc.ie

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

UPDATE: Sorry, tralee town.
    May rent a flat in town but no private parking so was told i would need to get street parking/resident parking disc.

Do i get it in the tralee town council office near the bandon hotel.
    How much should i expect to pay weekly/monthly?
    Thanks in advance.

Yes that's the place. You pay yearly, and last time I got one which was about 3 years ago, it was only €6 per year, so very cheap, but it has probably gone up since then. You will however need to bring proof of where you are living, i.e. letting agreement and a bill with your name & the address on it. They won't give you one without that info!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

An example of this is along Port Road in Killarney. Drivers think that they should park within the solid white line of the cycle lane and in doing so end up on the footpath. This is breaking two regulations: 1) you shouldnt park on the footpath and 2) a continuous white line on a cycle lane means it is reserved exclusively for cyclists, ie no parking. Doesn't help residents much as there is a double yellow on the other side of the road :)

Although I doubt anyone has ever gotten a ticket for either of these

• Advertisement
Advertisement