Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10/22 stock

Options
  • 06-01-2012 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

was thinking of getting this stock for my 10/22 but i think i would into trouble if it came through customs? what do ye think?? would it cause too much trouble with the gardai and customs? iv seen the thread about the 'i dont like the look of that clause' and dont want to make my life hard in the furture!

http://www.mountsplus.com/AR-15_Accessories/AR-15_Scope_Rings/STT-STK63160-XX.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

It has a pistol grip and is collapsable so is restricted as far as i know, it mightn't be illegal to own but illegal to fit to your rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

A pistol grip and collapsible stock only make a shotgun restricted not a rifle, it could fall under the 'resembles an assault rifle' clause though and make the gun restricted.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jingojonson

I have a tapco intrafuse stock for my 10/22 which came through customs no problem however it was hard to get a us retailer to ship here so i bought it from stockysstocks and then used a mailbox service to post it to me here. Best of luck as they are a very good stock

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭whiteley91

That website deliver internationaly alright its the fact that i dont want to get landed into unneccessary trouble when it arrives! Would this stock make it restricted or would it be alright since technically its the same rifle with abit of plastic wrapped around it! I thought it was only when the mag contains over ten rounds that it is restricted??

Advertisement