Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

running is the name of the game

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭beeduybe

irfrm wrote: »
    Would be happy to beat Dungarvan time (63:29), will go out 6:20 pace and see how it goes, weather looking perfect at the moment so hoping all goes well.

See your training is going well, thinking of getting Jack Daniels book for my marathon training later in the year, but thats for later.

Best of luck with it. I'd definitely recommend the Daniels book. He knows what he's talking about when it comes to running. Even if you don't end up following one of his plans the book is a good read. Are you planning on running Cork and Dublin again this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭irfrm

Entered Berlin which is the end of September, may also do DCM as I really enjoyed it last year and there always a big number from the club going so it makes a good weekend in the big smoke.

BALLYCOTTON 10 2013

This is one of my goal races for the year and really took it easy all week only doing some recovery runs. Got there around 12 and went to the pitch and putt course where the club does its warm up, did a few laps and chatted to some club members. Went down to the start and placed my self about five rows from the front and off we went.
    MILE 1-3 got in to a good pace straight away and feel good even thought I was been passed by a lot of other runners, miles flew by and was 15 seconds up after 3, 6:12,6:15 &6:15
    MILE 4-7 running well with in my self and passed 5 in 31:18(PB) but as we turned the corner at Ballymaloe and the wind was straight in to us I began to struggle got tail off the group I was in and ran the next 1.5 miles on my own, picked it up a bit again to latch on to back of group but knew it would be a struggle to the end ,6:17 6:18 6:21 & 6:20
    MILE 8-10 knew that I had banked some time in the first half so still felt I could get home and held on for mile 8 and 9, tried to up the pace a bit for the last mile and was going OK but ran out of steam and felt like I was going backwards for the last few hundred metres, no sprint finish as I had nothing left in legs and was glad just to get over the line.6:25, 6:36 & 6:26

Finish time of 63:34 just out side Dungarvan and 164 overall:D

WTD 26 miles
    MTD FEB(135 miles) MAR 15 miles
    YTD 295 miles

Have taken it easy since Ballycotton as Tralee half marathon was coming up and wanted to keep the legs fresh so didn't run for five days after BC10 and just did some recovery runs up to Saturday.

TRALEE HALF MARATHON
    Have been looking forward to this as it the closes race from were I'm from and would know a lot of the runners taken part. The morning of the race up early and had the bowl of porridge, got to Tralee early and did some warm ups. Great atmosphere around the start especiall when the full marathon passed through, spotted TFBubendother in a round 10 place so knew he was going well, so then it was time for the half to go off. Place my self on the front row but still reminded myself not to be taken out too fast at the startm from the off settled into pace and ran in about 20 place with a group of about 5 people. Kept it steady all the way out to Ardfert and didnt even find the hull at 3 miles too bad, felt good as was passing alor of the marathon runners at thos stage. Ardfert was brilliant with a big crowd out to support the race and had some of my own family there as well. Got to where the haldxand full split and knew it was going to be tough from there on, as I was running on my own with two runners about 100 metres ahead, got to the hill at 7 mile mark and pulled up to the two runners who were suffering up the hill, found that this went mile/hill went on for ever and knew I was losing a lot of time. The two runners that I caught up with didnt stay with me so found myseld on my own. Kept it steady as I turned into the kerries but found the hill at mile 11 tough and lost some more time, rallied again to the end and came home in 1:26:12. PB by over 3 minutes.

Offical time 1:26:01?? taken it, 14th overall, 5th in age.

Well done to all in Tralee for a brilliant organised race.

MTD 52 miles
    YTD 332 miles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Have taken it easy since Ballycotton as Tralee half marathon was coming up and wanted to keep the legs fresh so didn't run for five days after BC10 and just did some recovery runs up to Saturday.

TRALEE HALF MARATHON
    Have been looking forward to this as it the closes race from were I'm from and would know a lot of the runners taken part. The morning of the race up early and had the bowl of porridge, got to Tralee early and did some warm ups. Great atmosphere around the start especiall when the full marathon passed through, spotted TFBubendother in a round 10 place so knew he was going well, so then it was time for the half to go off. Place my self on the front row but still reminded myself not to be taken out too fast at the startm from the off settled into pace and ran in about 20 place with a group of about 5 people. Kept it steady all the way out to Ardfert and didnt even find the hull at 3 miles too bad, felt good as was passing alor of the marathon runners at thos stage. Ardfert was brilliant with a big crowd out to support the race and had some of my own family there as well. Got to where the haldxand full split and knew it was going to be tough from there on, as I was running on my own with two runners about 100 metres ahead, got to the hill at 7 mile mark and pulled up to the two runners who were suffering up the hill, found that this went mile/hill went on for ever and knew I was losing a lot of time. The two runners that I caught up with didnt stay with me so found myseld on my own. Kept it steady as I turned into the kerries but found the hill at mile 11 tough and lost some more time, rallied again to the end and came home in 1:26:12. PB by over 3 minutes.

Offical time 1:26:01?? taken it, 14th overall, 5th in age.

Well done to all in Tralee for a brilliant organised race.

MTD 52 miles
    YTD 332 miles

Good stuff, PB by 3 mins when you are already sub 90 is fair going

very quite week for me as I took 5 days off after Tralee, body feeling the effects ov two hard run races within two weeks, glutes and IT band given out so did some stretching and foam rolling to easy these sores out.

FRIDAY 22nd
    4 miles very easy 35:00 (8:45), legs feeling OK.

SATURDAY 23rd
    12.5 miles with two others from the club, good run even if the wind in our face for the first few miles made things tough, finished well 1:35:01(7:30)

WTD 16.5 miles
    MTD 68.5 miles
    YTD 348.5 miles

Ballybunion 10k

I have been taken things easy since Tralee but as I was down home again for Easter I took in Ballybunion on Easter Saturday. Decided to do the 10k as start time was at 2 so it was too late for half marathon. Got there at 1 to find that registration closed but talk to one of the organisors who got me in. Turned on garmin for warm up to find low battery message, f**k.luckly my normal watch has a split stopwatch which would have to do.

Race started bang on 2, started on the front row but tried to settle at a steady pace, this was an out and back 10k with the half continuing on when we turned at 3ish miles. Hard to judge where I was in the 10k race but could make out that I was in about 15th after mile 1. Course was very rolly with very little running on flat ground, but feeling good at around mile 2. Coming up to the turn waited for the 10k leaders to come back against me, so when I turned knew I was in 5th place, with 2 in front of me by 20 seconds, focus on the one that was in front of me and bridge the gap to him as we went up the last hill with 2 km to go, passed him and drove on after the next runner who was still 20 seconds ahead. Got to the last mile which starts with a good down hill and not really bridging the gap and to make things worse the runner I had passed came back at me and I could go with him. Kept it steady till the end and came home in 38:43 which is nearlly a 2 minute PB for me.

38:43, 5th overall, 2nd in age.:D first time winning a prize for running so delighted.

Super running. You just seem to be getting faster and faster :-)

Find that I'm going faster with less training, was training harder this time last year with slower times. Just think that the marathon training last year has just stood to me,
    In for a few quite weeks now before building up for Berlin at the end of May.

MIDLETON 5 MILES

Have been training 3 days a week for the last month putting in about 25 miles a week but training to break 30min for the the club run. Felt nervous yesterday as I build up for the run knew that I would PB but though thaf 29*xx was a step too far. Lovelt evening for the run overcast with a light wind, good warm up and set myself on the second row for the off, pkan was to go out about 5:50 for the first 2 miles then hang on for the tough 2 hilly miles then all out for the fast last mile,
    Mile 1 & 2 set off well and kept the pace steady to just under 6 min mile and felt comfortable.5:50&6:03
    Mile 3 things got harder with a few small drags with alot of up and down and hard to keep pace steady. 6:09
    Mile 4 stitch in the side and all the negatives came flooding in, back off the pace and just tried to keeping it going, a club mate passed and couldnt go with him, he build up a gap of a few metres and decided I have to reel him in if I was to have any chance. 6:14
    Mile 5 starts with a good down hill and bridge the gap and began to feel comfortable again the end of this race you turn a corner and have a straight run in for 800metres, turned the corner on the shoulder of club mate, passing him at the 600 metre mark and just trying to get to the end, at 200 he pass me again and didnt have in the legs to go with him. Passed the line and stopped the watch 29:58. Both of us were thrilled and I have no doubt that I could not have done it without him pushing me.

PB for me by just over 2 minutes and 3rd over 40, so a great night:D:D

Great work done by all in the club for a brilliant organised race with a spread of food, no wonder it was voted the best 5 mile race in Cork 2012, will be hard to beat again this year.

• Advertisement

LAST OF THE LAZY WEEKS

All good things must come to an end with P&D 55m/18week plan starting next week for Berlin marathon, have been tipping away at the club with
    some very good intervals and tempo runs but have not been disciplined with recovery and LSR losing out.

Start of Ballycotton Summer series Thursday evening with Ballyandreen 5 mile will go all out to break 30 again
    but this is a tougher course than Midleton 5 so may be beyond me (believe), The rest of the series may suffer as I go into marathon
    training but Berlin is the goal race.
    Killarney half in July, Boston scientific half in Clonmel in August and Blarney half in Sept with a few other shorter races will be included
    and will tailor P&D with a few extra miles run at MP.

Looking forward to a tough summer which hopefully will be injury free.:D

BERLIN 18WEEK/55MILE P&D

WEEK 1
    Mon: 9 miles 6*1mile intervals.
    Tues: rest
    Wed: 6 miles GA
    Thurs: rest
    Fri: 5 miles 5k race
    Sat: 4 miles recover
    Sun: 12 miles msr

Going to incorporate club training on Mondays and Fridays into plan for the next few weeks, these are interval and tempo runs so wont do any harm. Had a dissappointing run at Ballyandreen last Thursday finishing nearly 90 sec slower than last 5 mile race, legs just felt dead on the night so will be targeting next one in the series 27th June.

Miles year to date : 553miles

BERLIN WEEK 2

Good week last week getting all runs in plus a new 5k PB on Friday night 18:51 and a third place in age. Finished the week with a enjoyable 12 miles in lovely sun shine yesterday morning.

WEEK 2
    Mon:rest
    Tues: 9 miles 6*1 intervals
    Wed: 6 miles GA
    Thur: rest
    Fri: 7 miles tempo
    Sat:4 mile recovery
    Sun: 13 miles 6@MP

Week 1: 37.15 miles
    Year to date 590.24

INJURY STRIKES:mad:

I have now been running for nearly 3 years and bar the odd niggle and some stiffness I have generally not got any injurys that have stop me training/racing. This was up to last night where in stead of going for a run with rhe club decided to train for a soccer comp thats coming up in work next week. This is the first time I've kick a ball in 3 years and was looking forward to it since my fitness has greatly improved since then:rolleyes:

Quick kick around and the match started, now the feild was rough with some holes but I was going to take it ease, with in 5 minutes I had come off with a strain in the front of my left hip and below my right knee. Could hardly walk after an hour so got home and iced both injuries.

Googled the injuries and think the hip is a flexor strain and left leg is a peroneus longus strain. Hip is ok today but left leg is still sore and some times I get a sharp pain when I over stretch it out walking.

Rest until Sunday and hope to complete 13 mile LSR with a few miles at MP, if not its to the physio on Monday. Just getting into Berlin training but am glad this happened early in plan so wont lose much ground.

Will stay away from other sports:D

SLOW RECOVERY

My injuries have slowly improved and went out for gentle 4 miles this evening, took it ease for the first mile and increased the pace to the end. Lower leg still a bit sore but happy enough that I will be OK for the next week.
    Only just over 13 miles this week so will have to up it gentle. Plan this week is

Mon: 6 mile am & club training pm
    Tue: rest
    Wed: 8 miles 4@MP
    Thur: rest
    Fri: club training
    Sat: 4 mile recovery
    Sun: 13 miles 5@MP

Week 2: 13.36 miles
    YTD 603.60 miles

PHYSIO NEEDED

Started out the week well enough with 6.3 miles easy Monday morning and club training that evening 6*1 mile intervals 6:14, 6:20, 6:24, 6:45, 6:52 & 6:56, slowing as the intervals went on and knee a small bit sore.

Wednesday up at 6 for 6 miles easy 7:50 pace.

Friday only 2 miles as knee was sore all day.

Sunday was going to attempt a LSR of 13 miles but as soon as went on the road knee got sore again so its of to physio tomorrow to get answers.

Second week with very little done, will have to adjust/change plan depending on out come tomorrow,

Week 2: 21.6 miles
    Berlin miles: 72.11 miles
    YTD: 625.2 miles

BERLIN WEEK 4 INJURIED

Went to physio today and came away with good and bad news, its astrain on my upper calf muscle which she taped up and is hoping that it will be ok in a week with some light stretching and another session on Friday morning. Already going mad and even went down to club training to watch the other train, feeling very sorry for myself as it was a beautiful evening for a run and the lads had a good banter going:(
    Thinking of changing to 12 week P&D plan which gives me 2 weeks to build up and then 12 tough weeks.

BERLIN WEEK 5

Went back to physio on Friday morning and gave the go ahead for slow short runs over the weekend did 4 on Saturday and 4 Sunday without too much pain from knee.

Mon:8 miles with 4 @MP just to see if calf would be ok, felt good even at the faster pace but a bit sore after run. Plan for rest of week
    Wed: 7 miles @7:30
    Thur: 5 mile race but I'm just going to run 7 min pace
    Fri: 4 miles recovery
    Sat: 14 miles
    Sun: 5k race

Week 4 : 8 miles
    YTD : 633.5 miles

BERLIN WEEK 6

Good week easing back including a 5mile and 5k race, no LSR which I could fit in over weekend.

Have to up it this week.
    Mon: 8 miles
    Tues: 7 miles 5@MP
    Wed: rest
    Thur: 10 miles
    Fri: club training
    Sat: 4 mile recovery
    Sun: 15 miles

Week 5: 25miles
    YTD: 658.5 miles

• Advertisement

BERLIN WEEK 7

Best week so far getting all runs in and legs feeling good again, going to up it again this week but will have to go out early with the weather thsts forecast. Also sign up for Run Killarney half marathon which is on Saturday week which will give me an indicator as to where I stand.

Mon: 3miles easy 24*200metres fast with 200 recovery
    Tues: 7 miles easy
    Wed: 10 miles 5@PMP
    Thur : 4 miles recovery
    Fri : rest
    Sat: 16 miles
    Sun: 4 miles recovery

Week 6: 45.5 miles
    YTD: 704 miles

BERLIN WEEK 8

good week again with good mileage, 10 miles with 5@PMP and 15 mile LSR @7:45 pace. Was hoping to finish out the week with a 4 mile recovery run but woke on Sunday morning with a chest infection:(
    Not feeling great either today put hopefully it wont stop my training.

Mon: 3 easy 2*2 miles & 2*1 miles 2 miles easy
    Tues: 10 miles steady
    Wed: rest
    Thur: 8 miles with 4@PMP
    Fri:4 recovery
    Sat: Run Killarney half marathon (1:24:59)
    Sun: 4 miles recovery,

Week 7 :44 miles
    YTD : 748 miles

Monday
    Club training, knew I would find this tough as chest infection had not cleared up, plan was 2*2 miles with 400 recovery and 2*1 miles with 200 recovery. Could only do 1 mile before breathing turned to a wheeze so I ended up doing 1 mile intervals @6:30 with 2 min recovery. 8 moles in all.

Tuesday
    Skipped this run as still not feeling great, hopefully will get out Wdnesday for a few miles, at the moment even the race Saturday looks doubtful.

Wednesday
    On nights this week so its hard to get a time to run when its not too hot, up at 4 did 6.2 miles @8:00 just too warm to push it harder.

Thursday
    Up at 4 again and did 4 miles @7:42 pace, though I would melt after this. Chest is clearing so should be alright for Saturday only have the heat to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭slowsteady

Good luck in Killarney, plenty of salt with the water;)

LETS WALK

Even though I was on night shift during the week and had a chest infection earlier by the time Saturday morning came around was feeling good and looking forward to a good run. Up for breakfast at 5 and on the road getting to Killarnwy by 6:30, everything was so well organised with lines of buses and people in great form. Got to the start after a mile warm up and was feeling confident about the race.
    Miles 1-3: got away to a good start and took advantage of the downhill running to run the first mile in 6:02, hard to steady the pace with alot of up and downs mile 2 6:35, mile 3 went the same 6:41.
    Mile 4-7 this is were the downhill come in to play and trying to keep it steady the pace picked up to under 6 min mile, mile 4 5:58, mile 5 5:57. Back to flatter ground and feeling good, well up on time and the temp not effectting me. Mile 6 and 7 flew by and took as nuch water as I could at the water stop 6:24 & 6:46.
    Mile 8-13.1 not long into mile the demons arrived tell me I had gone out too fast, too hot for running and all the other negative things that go throught a runners mind in the middle of a race, Since I started running three years ago I have never stop and walk and felt that I would keep things going as well today and as my body wasn't under that much stress ALL WRONG before I knew it I was walking, defeatted I tried to up it again after a minute walk but knew once I had stop once I would stop again. Miles passed very slow now with other runners passing shouting encouragment as they passed only making me feel worse, splts came in at 8:22 8:00 8:19 8:00 9:06 7:43 and 7:12 for the rub in at the end.
    Finished in a time of 1:34:48 chip time later 1:34:51

Very dissappointed afterwards and didnt stay around for what seem to be building into a great afternoon. Where this leaves me I'm not sure if I can't put in half marathon in around 85mins then Berlin sub 3 is only a dream, alot to mull over.

Legs very sore yestersay may be from doing no warm down and the downhill profile of the route, did 6 very slow miles with a swim in the beach in the middle.

Week 8 : 39 miles
    YTD : 787 miles

• Advertisement

Very dissappointed afterwards and didnt stay around for what seem to be building into a great afternoon. Where this leaves me I'm not sure if I can't put in half marathon in around 85mins then Berlin sub 3 is only a dream, alot to mull over.

Sounds like more of a bad day in the office than a lack of ability. Haven't you already ran an 86 minute half this year?

Thats right in the Tralee half seem so long ago, looking back on my Dungarvan, Ballycotton and Tralee times I would have though that with the training I would have come on more. The thing that gets me most is how easy I gave in and walked.

Got to move on from Saturday and just keep putting in the miles

Mon: club training 1600,1200,1000,800,400&200 metres with 200 recovery
    Wed: 10 miles steady
    Thurs: 5 mile race
    Fri: 5 recovery
    Sat: 15 LSR
    Sunday : 6miles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

The thing that gets me most is how easy I gave in and walked.

Got to move on from Saturday and just keep putting in the miles

Looking at the times in Killarney, the heat really played its part in affecting everyones times.

I hear ya about moving on from it, but rather try and forget it, definetly file the experience away for use the next time you run a warm weather race.

Mr.W

WEEK 10
    Good week last week after the Killarney disaster, club run, medium run, 5 mile race and LSR with PMP miles.
    Was happy enough with 5 mile race 31:23 as legs felt tired from runs earlier in the week.

Week 10
    Mon: 9 miles easy
    Tues: 2*1 mile and 3*1 miles with 3 min recovery
    Wed: 8 miles steady
    Thur:rest
    Fri: 18 miles
    Sat: 4 miles recovery
    Sun: 10k race

Week 9 : 44.5miles
    YTD: 832.5 miles

WEEK 10

Good start to the week, out with neighbour who had done a triathlon over the weekend so easy run suited both of us 9 miles@ 8:27.

Tuesday was the club session that I missed last night, 3 of us for this and was happy with the over all effort. 2*2 miles 2*1 miles at LT.
    6:14, 6:12 & 6:14, 5:58 for the 2 miles
    6:14 & 5:54 for 1 miles
    8 miles @ 7:30

WTD 17 miles
    YTD 849.5 miles

• Advertisement

Out with neighbour again today, didnt really feel up for it after last night run and with the heavy rain was sort off hoping he would cancel.
    The route we did is a tough 7.5 miler with a testing drag that goes on for the best part pf 3 miles which you lose quickly over the next mile, legs gave out all the way round but as much as I complated I just didnt want to give in. 7.5 miles @ 7:27 pace

WTD 24.5 miles
    YTD 874 miles

Conna 5k

Local race last night which a few from work were going to as the day went on they start to pull out due to the weather but as had committed I went to strtch the legs.
    Nice crowd even with the rain, but this was a tough cource with the second mike all up hill and the third downhill, the plan to do 6:00 then just make it up the hill and do 6:00 for the last mile. Set out steady and settle at a good pace, the first lady passed me after half a mile so went with her and she paced me well mile 1 5:58, we turned to start the mile climb and it was really tough with the first woman pulling away just kept pluging away and reach mile 2 7:14, still a little pull at the start of mile 3but then we turned at a juntion and it was down hull all the way to the finish, the first woman was about 15 sec ahead and felt I could close the gap but as I speed up she did as well and the gap never really closed. Finishing time of 19:47 for 25th overall, happy enough as this was far from easy.

Rest day today before 18 miles tomorrow and 10 k race on Sunday. LSR will be run between 8:00 & 8:25 pace as hoping to keep something in the legs for Sunday.

WTD 29.5 miles
    YTD 879 miles

Week 10 & week 11

Am on holidays the last two weeks were the running has been good the logging has not so just a bit of catch up,

Saturday 3rd 18 miles felt really good all the way around avg pace 7:46 with two water and gel stops.

Sunday 4th Banna 10k race, knew that the legs were tired from the day before so just didn't race it fully out came home 16th in 39:20.

week 10 54.5 miles (highest weekly miles ever)
    YTD 895 miles

Week 11

Tuesday 6th 7 miles @7:54

Wednesday 7th, Cloyne 5k, flattest 5k around so was going to push it on for this, my 5k time is a bit soft so was hoping to get in around 18:30. Pushed out well at the start first mile 5:46 and feeling good kept it steady the second 5:56 and came home well to finish 34th in 18:12 for third over all in my cat.:D

Thursday 8th up at 6 for recovery run 6 miles at 8:27

Friday 9th 9 miles @7:45

LSR 20 miles tomorrow with 8@PMP (hopefully) and 5 mile recovery on Sunday

HOLIDAYS OVER :eek:

Back to work this week so some catch up on the log as well, good few weeks completing 20 miles and 16 mile LSR and putting in some good weekly mileage, Last weekend did the Rose of Tralee 10k coming home 14th in 38:45in which was a very well supported race with over 1000 running.

This week the last of the Ballycotton summer series races was run and decided to go all out for this as I have been after injury or taken it easy, race went very well and felt good all round even on the tough section from 2.5 to 4 mile marks, plan was to get to 400 metre left mark which I saw before the start but missed on thre way home so went all out when I saw the finish line, came home in 30:00 flat which was pushed out to 30:01 in final results. Well happy with this run and a good confidence boost at the right time.

Tomorrow there's a 18 mile LSR with a few in the club, which will bring me over 1000 miles for the year:)

Week 10: 54.5
    Week 11: 52.5
    Week 12: 37.0
    YTD: 997 miles

Saturday 24th
    18 mile LSR, out with the club and it felt great just running in a group after a lot of miles on my own during the holidays, good even run covering 16 @ 7:30 pace, just two of left for the last 2 miles the other running Berlin as well, as we talk about our training pkans the pace dropped off, the last 2 miles done at 8:30 pace. Happy with the run legs felt good but was wreck after and slept on the couch that evening for two hours.

Sunday & Monday, rest days

Tuesday 27th
    Solid 8 miles into work @ 7:40 pace

Wednesday 28th
    5.5 miles just didnt feel like another steady run so mixed it up 1/2 mile easy 1/2 PMP.

Plan for rest of week, 12 miles today 8@MP, Friday 5 recovery, Saturday /Sunday 20 miles LSR.

Week 13 39 miles
    YTD 1028.5 miles

THURSDAY 29th
    Start this run 11:30 and temp were up to high teens and sun high in the sky, first 2 miles nice and easy then 8 @PMP splits 6:46 6:46 6:47 6:59 6:48 6:57 6:59 6:51 tough going and legs felt it 2 miles easy to finish.

FRIDAY 30th
    4 recovery miles @8:45

SUNDAY 1st
    LSR yesterday on my own but went well and enjoy it in a strain way, steady out and legs felt good. 20 miles @ 7:30

WEEK 14 50.11 miles
    YTD 1086 miles

WEEK 15

Poor week only three runs 6 mile club trianing run, 7 mile easy run and the one positive 20 mile LSR @7:30. I think the LSR went so well because of the low mileage during the week but that hopefully what the week of the marathon is going to be like.

WEEK 16

Monday
    5*1k repeats with the club.

Tuesday
    3 miles easy AM.
    Special guest at the club tonight with the great Sonia O'Sullivan putting us through our paces, 1500 meters @6:10 pace 500*3 5:40 pace and repeat the whole session again. She took us on a cool down lap and then answer some of questions, she came across as a very humble person and a real appreciation for club runners.

Thursday
    !0 miles with 7@PMP, went OK the garmin lost satellite reception which through the pace out, 6:47, 6:45, 6:45, 6:38, 6:37, 7:18 & 6:41.

Plan for rest of week 4 recovery Friday, 15 miles LSR Saturday and 4 mile recovery Sunday.

WEEK 15 33miles
    YTD 1119 miles

WEEK 16
    Friday and Sundays recovery runs didnt happen but did get out Saturday for 13 miles very easy with pace around 8:45.
    Week 16 37 miles

WEEK 17
    Very busy at work this week so runs will have be fitted in when I can 3 miles last night with OH and may get out tonight for short run.

YTD 1159 miles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Not long to go now Irfrm, 11 days?
    How are you feeling for it now? Settled on a target time yet?
    Just looked back at your Killarney HM and huge parallels with my own HM in Athlone last Saturday.
    I see you managed some great times in races since then though so will use that to console myself!

Best of luck in Berlin and I'm sure a great time is in store for you!

belcarra wrote: »
    Not long to go now Irfrm, 11 days?
    How are you feeling for it now? Settled on a target time yet?
    Just looked back at your Killarney HM and huge parallels with my own HM in Athlone last Saturday.
    I see you managed some great times in races since then though so will use that to console myself!

Best of luck in Berlin and I'm sure a great time is in store for you!

Really looking forward to Berlin after all the hard miles, feeling good and have come through the plan with out any injury which is always a positive. On the whole I didnt really stick to the plan and missed a few of the mid week run's but put in a few good LSR doing 3*20 milers.

Target time is 2:59:59 which I think I can get close to if all goes well on the day, going off my last 5 mile race mcmillan gives me 2:57, so once weather is ok and get head right it going to be close.

See your goal race in Chicago is nearly here as well got to use Athlone one of whose bad days out that ever runner has so now that out of the way you will be ready for a great time in chicago.

• Advertisement

Rotterdam 13 week P&D 55mile plan

Starting Rotterdam training tonight jumping in at week 13, mixing it up with club training
    Tonight club session 9+8+7 @6:20 2 min recovery, 8miles

Monday 8 miles club
    Tuesday 6 easy
    Wednesday 10 miles
    Thursday rest
    Friday 9 miles 5@ 7:00 pace
    Saturday 15 miles easy
    Sunday rest
    Total 48 miles

WTD 8 miles
    Wk 13 48 miles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Welcome back, what time in mind for Rotterdam? Plenty going from here.

Hoping to get in under 3:10, broke that DCM 12 but have struggled trying to break 3 since then, did 3:13 in DCM 15 so hopefully will be ok.
    Yeah must have a browse around boards and see who going

5 miles this evening @8:00 pace

Wtd 13 miles

No run tonight due to work and weather which will mean a busy few days for the rest of the week.

WTD 13 miles
    Week 13 48 miles

10 miles @7:43 pace, cold and wet half to get it done

WTD 23 miles
    WK 13 48 miles

8 miles 1 warm up 5@ 6:56 2 warm down

WTD 31 miles
    Week 13 48 miles

15 miles LSR, legs tired but felt better as run went on. Good run.

WTD 46 miles
    Week 13 48 miles

4 miles yesterday bring it to around 50 for the week, good week all runs completed.

9.5 miles today club session 10*3 +4 min with 2 recovery

Week 12 54 miles
    Tues 5 recovery
    Wed rest
    Thurs 9 5@ 6:40
    Fri 16 miles LSR
    Sat 5 recovery
    Sun 10 miles

• Advertisement

Went to the gym this evening with my daughter, 5 miles on treadmill and a 10 min on bike and rowing machines.

WTD 14.5 miles
    Week 12 54 miles

Advertisement