Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would it be possible? (Boarddeals iphone app)

Options
  • 06-01-2012 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

So.. I just recently got the boardDeals app from the app store, pretty handy to have.

Also quite recently, I was on the Specsavers website on my iphone.. Looking for the nearest shop. As soon as I arrived on their homepage (which was customized for Iphones and mobile devices) I saw "Store locator" which I clicked, and I was taken to a list of Specsavers. The website however had got my location, and told me how far each store was from me in kilometers, and sorted them based on which was closest to me. Clicked the nearest store and it showed me a map with directions on how to get there! I knew this was possible within apps, but I didn't know safari gives my location to the websites I visit!

Anyway, got me thinking, would it be possible to add this to the BoardDeals app, so someone can see "Deals near me" or something like that, and then show a map of all the Deals?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Yes it would be very possible, Boardsdeals would not to get fairly exact co-ordinates for each offer and then once you click "near by" offers on the app the server will give you the closest ones, Though I'm not sure they'll see it here so I've given them a link to it on their facebook page!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Neil

Safari on iPhone will pop up a notification when a website requests to use your location, you must have just clicked 'ok' at some point.

The idea of 'deals near me' is something that is on the list of things to do for boardsdeals, that list is ever growing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

This was done before. I had the app at the time. But can't seem to get it now. I tried it. But never used any of the deals. It's a great idea. It was called GeoDealio

Advertisement