Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do [some] guys cheat on their long term girlfriends - bored, or not in love?

• 06-01-2012 2:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Why do guys cheat on long term girlfriends, if they have no children, and are not married, and are free to walk away, as they are not married. I know girls do too. Not all guys cheat, i am aware of this, but just seems so common now adays, and think that they are afraid of been on their own. :confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Tweet0004 wrote: »
    Why do guys cheat on long term girlfriends,

Because they have a penis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Opportunity. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

Gee Bag wrote: »
    Because they have a penis?

always though your name was to do with being a dick head but I see its literally true, you have the vag :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

oh dear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

why does anyone cheat, it's life and **** happens OP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Why do guys cheat on long term girlfriends, if they have no children, and are not married, and are free to walk away, as they are not married.

I think you answered your own question there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Saila wrote: »
    you have the vag :pac:

No, not yet I'm afraid. I'm still waiting for the operation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

"God gave man a penis and a brain but only enough blood supply to run one at a time".

Robin Williams.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Afraid of being alone, yet they are in a relationship? wut?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Because F you, that's why!!!

Hahahaha!

F you! And you, And you and you and you! That's why!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Tweet0004

Yes, but real men would not cheat. Are they not aware of what they may lose, or are there girls, who stupidly take them back. Think there are deeper reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Fourteen

Yes, but real men would not cheat.

Ah..

Yakult wrote: »
    Afraid of being alone, yet they are in a relationship? wut?

she means they want the best of both worlds, woman at home and a bit on the side. Not got the courage to leave.

thats the quickest way to be on your own...cheat :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

cos we've figured women out.

Yes, but real men would not cheat.ck. Think there are deeper reasons.

Real men do not cheat, how have you come up with this, is your man not a real man then if he cheated on you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Girls are programmed to find a mate who can best provide for their offspring. The beauty part is in the eye (and the mind) of the beholder.
    Men are programmed to spread their seed.
    It's called propagation.

I'll get my coat ........ but it's a fact

Funny, but women seem to survive on their own, if a relationship is not working - they walk.
    Guys seem to look else where and some cheat, but will not leave. If it ain't working why stay ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

What is a real man? Is he overweight? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭20260622

Because they're not man enough to tell you its over?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Funny, but women seem to survive on their own, if a relationship is not working - they walk.
    Guys seem to look else where and some cheat, but will not leave. If it ain't working why stay ?

Funny, my mates always come out the worst in relationships, usually the girls cheating, too. By my personal experience, all girls are cheating skanks.

Generalisations are fun.

you do know some women cheat and stay as well. we are capable of carrying on an affair just the same as men are.
    Sometimes it's just a little bit of fun, no need to wreck a happy home because of it.

Parsley wrote: »
    cos we've figured women out.

I point you to the last sentance of the OP and hondasams response

you are a better man than me if those two sentances make sense to you

Think most people men/women would prefer to be told it is over, than to be cheated on. Not happened to me, but seen it happen to a few friends. :(:(
    If guy/girl cheat, they are obviously not happy with their partner, so many people seem to be settling. They get comfortable, and do not want to start over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Fourteen

I know a guy whose dad cheated on his wife who had cancer, which is obviously a ridiculously shit thing to do, but as for young people, settling when you're bored with a relationship is bad for both involved. Doesn't excuse cheating, but with some people, it just can't end well, won't let go etc.

Major bitchfest with mates! PLUS Rampant Rabbit if needs be. PLUS chocolate. Order can be changed to suit.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Well if women want to 'put out' at every available oppertunity, they only have themselves to blame.

Only 30/40 years ago most decent women had sex only after marriage.

That was their power in a relationship.

When they gave that up, it was brilliant news for us Irish blokes from the 80's onwards.

I can't complain. I had a great time out of it.

Ya can't have both ways Ladies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Well if women want to 'put out' at every available oppertunity, they only have themselves to blame.

When they gave that up, it was brilliant news for us Irish blokes from the 80's onwards.

I hope you're joking but from previous encounters with your posts I doubt you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

because two fannys are better than one fanny......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

This post reeks of double standard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Simple:

You want to break up with GF, But you don't want to lose the sex.

Therefore cheat see if anything comes of it and then dump the baggage.

Or keep the Baggage as well cause she makes a better sandwich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

men are programmed that way
    boys are asked by their family when they visit , theres romeo how many girlfriends have you got now
    its the way of the world , women invented relationships , men arnt really that into them
    i am 100 per cent faithful to my girlfriend , but thats the way of the world ,
    if your man cheated on you its just his problem , he cant keep it in his pants dont take it personal

gcgirl wrote: »

That's your opinion.

I'm speaking from my own experiance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

That's your opinion.

I'm speaking from my own experiance.
    Long live women's liberation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

cloptrop wrote: »
    men are programmed that way
    boys are asked by their family when they visit , theres romeo how many girlfriends have you got now
    its the way of the world , women invented relationships , men arnt really that into them
    i am 100 per cent faithful to my girlfriend , but thats the way of the world ,
    if your man cheated on you its just his problem , he cant keep it in his pants dont take it personal

Ah yes the whole 'men are programmed that way' nonsense. Normally used by men who cheat as a pathetic kind of justification.
    I've never been asked that by family, In fact most of my family would frown upon the idea of having numerous girlfriends.
    Women invented relationships? Ok, can you back that up?
    I'm a man, and I have no intention of cheating on anyone. I'd say that makes me a lot more of a man than one who purely thinks with his cock.
    Also, if it's men who are programmed that way, who do women cheat too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

What is a real man? Is he overweight? :pac:

A real man is strong but sensitive.

A real man is protective of you but defenceless around you.

A real man is masculine but not afraid of his feminine side.

A real man takes care of himself but is not vain.

That's what I read in Cosmo in the dentists the other day. No wonder you women folk are always disappointed!

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

We cheat coz it's exciting shagging a different person !

Its usually when you got some regular old cracker ! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

People that cheat in long term relationships are afraid of being lonely.

]

No wonder you women folk are always disappointed!

Ye men will have to work harder to please us. We are not that hard to please really.

Long live women's liberation

Alright.

I did my Leaving in 1985. In those days a bloke was lucky to get the 'shift'.

By '95 it was fairly easy to get the 'ride'

By 2000, it was no bother to get a 'one nighter'.

Women's attitudes to sex changed immensely here in a 15 year period.

By the same token Men's attitudes changed too.

I'm not saying this is all a good thing, but I was just trying to answer OP's question the best way I can, based on my own experiance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

I don't think this is the only reason but I think it's one -

females are accustomed to sex being generally available so it's more a case of do we want it than an opportunity to get laid being unusual.

men are used to pursuing so if the opportunity presents itself they are so flattered / worried it might not reappear that they give in more readily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Variety...Its the spice of life..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

A real man is an oxymoron?

As Dorothy Parker once opined:

"Hogamus higamus, men are polygamous.

Higamus hogamus, women monogamous."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Because people always want something better. Its how the world operates, why you have HD TV, 30Mb broadband, laptop and all the other stuff. A relationship is no different. You want to be with someone and once that want is satisfied you start wanting something else.

All ya need is for your wants and the wants of the sexy brunette you just met to coincide. When they do chances are your gonna cheat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

because after only posting four times on this site, your boring already!
    !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Spread wrote: »
    As Dorothy Parker once opined:

"Hogamus higamus, men are polygamous.

Higamus hogamus, women monogamous."

Firstly, Dr Suess style quotes don't count in a semi serious discussion, and secondly, that's a ridiculously narrow minded quotation.

Men cheat, and women cheat, in equal parts. To claim that all men are polygamous is hilariously sexist and insulting to me, and many others. How about "all women are sluts", does that go down so well with you? I would hope not, because that's quite a general statement, insulting the morality of women.

Firstly, Dr Suess style quotes don't count in a semi serious discussion, and secondly, that's a ridiculously narrow minded quotation.

Men cheat, and women cheat, in equal parts. To claim that all men are polygamous is hilariously sexist and insulting to me, and many others. How about "all women are sluts", does that go down so well with you? I would hope not, because that's quite a general statement, insulting the morality of women.

the internet. you win it.

I hope you're joking but from previous encounters with your posts I doubt you are.

Yeah?

Well I'm not perfect by any means, but look at my profile here.

I'm not in any kind of popularity contest on boards. I say what I mean & I mean what I say.

A lot of people seem to agree with my posting nonetheless...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

That's what I read in Cosmo in the dentists the other day. No wonder you women folk are always disappointed!

I'm constantly reading on boards about what 'real men' are supposed to do. I'm starting to wonder - am I imaginary ??:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement