Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do [some] guys cheat on their long term girlfriends - bored, or not in love?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

That's your opinion.

I'm speaking from my own experiance.

Dude you can't even spell experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭john t

if men get looked after by their wife or gf thet dont cheat..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

I'm not xenophobic but...

I blame America. All the 'romantic' films we get from America are full of people cheating on each other, its depicted as acceptable for the hero/heroine to cheat if the person being cheated on is uncharasmatic... or at work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

john t wrote: »

Load of nonsense, I don't need a woman looking after me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Yeah?

Well I'm not perfect by any means, but look at my profile here.

I'm not in any kind of popularity contest on boards. I say what I mean & I mean what I say.

A lot of people seem to agree with my posting nonetheless...

I think you meant to say a lot of board personae agree with your posting. I doubt many real people would agree with some of the crap you write except for the serious get back in the kitchen brigade. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

I'm constantly reading on boards about what 'real men' are supposed to do. I'm starting to wonder - am I imaginary ??:eek:

Be honest with yourself & look after your family.

That's my view.

40 years of Feminism ,the irish taxation system & the PC brigade have sought to demean Men & their role in society & in family life.

Don't let the Bastids grind you down.

I think that deserves a big LOLZ! More :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Tweet0004 wrote: »
    Why do guys cheat on long term girlfriends, if they have no children, and are not married, and are free to walk away, as they are not married. I know girls do too. Not all guys cheat, i am aware of this, but just seems so common now adays, and think that they are afraid of been on their own. :confused::confused:

Your boyfriend cheated on you didn't he?

Jess16 wrote: »

Memeber of the spelling police are we?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Be honest with yourself & look after your family.

That's my view.

40 years of Feminism ,the irish taxation system & the PC brigade have sought to demean Men & their role in society & in family life.

Don't let the Bastids grind you down.

Did you not see the smiley face ? I have no use for your serious answer. tsch

• Advertisement

I think you meant to say a lot of board personae agree with your posting. I doubt many real people would agree with some of the crap you write except for the serious get back in the kitchen brigade. :rolleyes:

Nope.

My wife has a very good career & I don't stand in the way of it, despite working full time myself.

We have a mortgage & kids too.

I might seem like some kind of Dinasour to some, but I'm a realist also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

empacher wrote: »
    Simple:

You want to break up with GF, But you don't want to lose the sex.

Therefore cheat see if anything comes of it and then dump the baggage.

Or keep the Baggage as well cause she makes a better sandwich.

Oh the sandwich joke. You know, it's been a while. Thank you for dusting it off and wheeling it out for our amusement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

This is bull****, people who get regular sex at home still cheat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Because they want to have their cake and eat it, essentially. Same goes for girls who cheat.

Your boyfriend cheated on you didn't he?

Memeber of the spelling police are we?

I'm detecting a bit of hostility here. :pac:

As I heard recently, some men are so used to being catered to that they see the lack of catering as an imbalance.

• Advertisement

Kimia wrote: »
    Oh the sandwich joke. You know, it's been a while. Thank you for dusting it off and wheeling it out for our amusement.

As a man, I'd just like to say I ****ing hate that joke. Not because it's sexist, but because it's getting so old it's starting to ruin the internet for me.

but if you get drained enough at home and eat pussy at will .. your not going astray,,

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

but if you get drained enough at home and eat pussy at will .. your not going astray,,

Do you not get bored eating the same thing all the time?

I'm ashamed to say I don't speak with a posh accent & I don't have a third level education either!:eek:

No matter, I got on in life without either of them...

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

'Cause women are icky & they have cooties.

• Advertisement

As I heard recently, some men are so used to being catered to that they see the lack of catering as an imbalance.

Dunno.

Most Chefs in hotels seem to be male.:confused:

I'm probably missing your point though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

I'm ashamed to say I don't speak with a posh accent & I don't have a third level education either!:eek:

No matter, I got on in life without either of them...

I'm pleased to hear your prehistoric views haven't been of any hindrance to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

To be honest, I think it is an imbalance if women are catered for, yet men are not.

A woman tends to get the benefit of the doubt in court, and they know it. I've seen women wholly unfit to care for children getting full custody of them. That is imblance.

I've seen girls claim rape because they willingly had sex with a lad, hammered, and then later decide "No, I want nothing to do with him", and claim rape. They get the benefit of the doubt, until evidence is provided to the contrary. The men are guilty until proven innocent. That is imbalance.

Personally, I've been accused of stealing a phone by a girl I never met before, who got her knuckledragging brother to come up and threaten me. The phone was pink. She had given it to her friend to keep safe. Nonetheless, there are now dozens of people who think I steal phones because some drunken bint shouted at me one night. Despite her being completely incapacitated, she managed to get the benefit of the doubt: that is imbalance.

If you want to know more stories like this, there are hundreds of news articles with women being found innocent of such crimes as manslaughter and murder, due to being on their period and unaccountable for their actions. I'd consider that imbalanced.

I'm pleased to hear your prehistoric views haven't been of any hindrance to you

No probs.

I've always done things my way.

Every decision I've made in life was done with the best will in the world with the information availabe to me at the time.

Sometimes I got things wrong & sometimes I got it right.

Overall, I've no regrets.

hey pussy is pussy and when it drips in your mouth you just lap it up like a kitten slurps milk............

John the only pussy you have been near had four legs.

hey i eat 2legged pussy ..... so stand down on ur 4legs.....

You are deranged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

You're thirteen, aren't you?

Desperate virgin, go to bed little boy. This is grown up talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Because both sexes are full of contradictions.

Fourteen wrote: »
    I know a guy whose dad cheated on his wife who had cancer, which is obviously a ridiculously shit thing to do

He might have stayed with her because of the illness and everything else might have been serious depressing and unhappy for him. Is it a valid reason to stay together ?
    Should he stay with her even if he doesn't love her I wonder ? Should your partner being ill force you to stay with them even if you had been planning to leave beforehand or if the situation hadn't been rosy beforehand ? I wouldn't abandon my own girlfriend because I do care about her however if things were completely different it's not easy to put on a front for someone you might end up hating and feel trapped by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

because two fannys are better than one fanny......

Lesbian action?......How does man benefit when he's been sidelined?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Lesbian action?......How does man benefit when he's been sidelined?

Because they are only ''pretend lesbians'' and eventually they miss the cock :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Yes, but real men would not cheat. Are they not aware of what they may lose, or are there girls, who stupidly take them back. Think there are deeper reasons.
    Funny, but women seem to survive on their own, if a relationship is not working - they walk.
    Guys seem to look else where and some cheat, but will not leave. If it ain't working why stay ?
    Think most people men/women would prefer to be told it is over, than to be cheated on. Not happened to me, but seen it happen to a few friends. :(:(
    If guy/girl cheat, they are obviously not happy with their partner, so many people seem to be settling. They get comfortable, and do not want to start over again.

if this is an issue maybe Pi would be suited...

because being honest people do whats right bye them selves, are other wise selfish fvcks who only put them selves first or well some of them.. your complaining about men cheating on you well then the simple thing to do is not go after that kinda guy bloke geazer....

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

In my view guys get a bad rap for this when in reality it happens both ways just that often guys find it harder to keep secret.
    Not right whoever does it and especially in a long term relationship.

I hear this >'' All guys are the same '' fairly often by girls who had recent issues with men and this gets rather annoying..
    Often the same girls are off ridin some new fella a few weeks later:rolleyes:

male/female but everyone has differant morals..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭wolf moon

CB19Kevo wrote: »
    especially in a long term relationship.
    I would have thought that people in a long-term relationships may have more reasons to cheat, to name but a few: stability and emotional safety, kids, mortgage, boredom, medical condition and many more.

Short-term is a great fun that has only started with all it's chemistry and all that, only a fool would cheat instead of simply walking away if they weren't happy with the other person.

This is my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Gonzor

This probably isnt going to go down well, but I dont care.

I cheated on 2 girlfriends. In both cases there wasnt much action in the bedroom. I wouldnt mind but out of all my ex's those 2 that I cheated on (and 1 of them in particular) would have being right up there as "wife material". They were pretty perfect in every other way.

Now dont get me wrong either, Im not saying if you give a guy everything he wants that will stop him from cheating, because it probably wont.

But if you start denying him then he will probably start looking elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Captain McDuck

Ive cheated regularly on every girl I have ever gone out with and have never been caught.

You just need to box clever and stick to one fundamental rule.

DONT GET CAUGHT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 onedaysoon

Cos she smells of fish

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Sex got crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Because they (guys and girls) can and they don't think highly enough of their bfs/gfs not to.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Why do guys cheat on long term girlfriends, if they have no children, and are not married, and are free to walk away, as they are not married. I know girls do too. Not all guys cheat, i am aware of this, but just seems so common now adays, and think that they are afraid of been on their own. :confused::confused:

Nowadays?? It's always been the same. Men and women have always cheated and I'd say in about the same frequency as ever.

In the words of Eddie Murphy " Men cheat because they must conquer as much pussy as possible, it's not personal, you could have a cape with a big s on it hanging out of your pussy and he'd still cheat".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

cloptrop wrote: »
    men are programmed that way
    boys are asked by their family when they visit , theres romeo how many girlfriends have you got now
    its the way of the world , women invented relationships , men arnt really that into them
    i am 100 per cent faithful to my girlfriend , but thats the way of the world ,
    if your man cheated on you its just his problem , he cant keep it in his pants dont take it personal

Ah yes the whole 'men are programmed that way' nonsense. Normally used by men who cheat as a pathetic kind of justification.
    I've never been asked that by family, In fact most of my family would frown upon the idea of having numerous girlfriends.
    Women invented relationships? Ok, can you back that up?
    I'm a man, and I have no intention of cheating on anyone. I'd say that makes me a lot more of a man than one who purely thinks with his cock.
    Also, if it's men who are programmed that way, who do women cheat too?

Because women are programmed to cheat too, that's there is about a 5% chance your dad isn't your real dad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Why do guys cheat on long term girlfriends...
    Because they are bored? Because their needs are no longer being fulfilled? Because the OH has become fat & unattractive?

Yes, but real men would not cheat. Are they not aware of what they may lose, or are there girls, who stupidly take them back. Think there are deeper reasons.
    Indeed, there are several hundred cases of men ceasing to exist or instantly changing sex after cheating. Clearly real men do not cheat. Fact.

Funny, but women seem to survive on their own, if a relationship is not working - they walk.
    Also interestingly, men can not survive being single. It is suspected that they also cease to exist or change sex the instant they are out of a relationship. How men get into a relationship is, as yet, a mystery. Scientist suspect that women are all lesbians, and that some lesbians in a relationship turn into men in order to procreate.

Think most people men/women would prefer to be told it is over, than to be cheated on. Not happened to me
    Yeah right. Pull the other one. You’re not kidding anyone. Tell me, did you take him back for him to do it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

Women are generally far more likely to sleep with someone outside their relationship. And when they do it, they seek companionship, a complete betrayel, men do it to expel semen in as joyful a way as possible. So the two can't even be compared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Women cheat too, OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

I'm in my mid 20s, I reckon it's a better laugh to stay single and ride all around you.

No nagging, more shagging ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭HeisenbergBB

Women cheat just as much as men. Men just get caught more. Mainly because a girl is far more likely to rat a guy out to his girlfriend if she knows he's cheating than another girl. I dont understand why.

My Girlfriend instantatly hates any guys if she finds out they have cheated on their girlfriends. But has laughed off some of her own female friends cheating on their boyfriends. And alot more of her friends have cheated then mine.

I know one american girl who was engaged and waiting until mariiage to have sex. While her fiancee was back in the states she lost her virginity with my friend and was riding him for a few months. The Whoor!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

I know far far far more women that have cheated than men. When I was in my early 20s I was with loads of women who turned out to have boyfriends or husbands. Often I would get the excuse 'oh but theyre not here' or 'but theyre abroad so its ok'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I think the ops question was more about why people cheat instead of just leaving the relationship and living a single life. The answer is cowardice and selfishness op.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

Men cheat. Women cheat. Mostly people cheat because they are unhappy with the person they are with for whatever reason. I think it’s incredibly insulting to men to say that men are ‘programmed that way’; that they have no self-control and can’t help but cheat. Just as insulting as blaming women’s liberation. For the most part, people cheat because they are unhappy in their relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Variety is the spice of life.:):):)

• Advertisement
Advertisement