Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteorite

Options
  • 06-01-2012 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else just see a really bright meteorite travelling north/east? or am i going mad?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Pappacharlie

Yes at 1.24AM, I saw a green colour meteorite flash across the sky. Very impressive sight I must say. I was travelling from Castlebar in the direction of Swinford at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭eimear10

Interesting, keeP us Posted with all the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jonathan13

Yes we saw it..traveling along n3 rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Yes at 1.24AM, I saw a green colour meteorite flash across the sky. Very impressive sight I must say. I was travelling from Castlebar in the direction of Swinford at the time.

Yeah that would be around the time.
    jonathan13 wrote: »
    Yes we saw it..traveling along n3 rd.

Great, 2 other people seen it, i'm not mad.
    Was it on the west side of the N3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jonathan13

@senna,

we are travelling towards blanchardstown so it was on our right side along n3 nearby cabra area, sorry for the late reply..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Harps wrote: »

That could well explain it, might just keep an eye on that forum and stay outside to watch the next time.
    jonathan13 wrote: »
    @senna,

we are travelling towards blanchardstown so it was on our right side along n3 nearby cabra area, sorry for the late reply..:D

So it must have travelled right up the middle of the country.

First time i ever seen something other than a "shooting star", it was really bright, i was in the bedroom with the lights on but the curtains open. I wasn't even looking out the window, i just seen something out of the corner of my eye and just managed to look around as it whizzed by. Really impressive, surprised more people didn't post that they seen it, Irish1967 posted about it over in the astronomy forum, but no replies since this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Badda Bing

I caught a good glimpse of it whilst standing at the front door of the house in the Glencar area of Letterkenny. It was green in colour and had broke up badly in the atmosphere as there was debris trailing behind the main section of the meteorite.

Advertisement