Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get the cheapest XBL Gold membership with a credit card.

Options
  • 06-01-2012 2:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

You guys might all ready know this one but for those who don't here's a quick guide on how to get the cheapest possible XBL Gold membership if you use a credit card.

If you have subscription active on a credit card (or you want to start a new subscription on a credit card the same applies - you just need to start a new membership on a one month subscription) this is what to do:

Step one: Call MS support claiming you want to cancel your subscription because it's too expensive.

Step two: After a quick chat they'll offer you a discount or selection of discounts (the maximum they can offer is a 12 month membership with a 40% discount... and possibly 800 microsoft points if you can convince them).

Step three: After the discount has been applied to your account you are still entitled to call back, disable the automatic renewal and keep your discounted subscription (1 month, 3 months or 12 months) without penalty.

takes a little bit of effort but can be worth your while, especially if you can talk them into giving you a few hundred free MS points in addition to your discount. Enjoy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

They don't really care, not an exploit in their eyes, they get anywhere between 3-6 quid for doing this IIRC. They do this 30 times a day? You do the math. They don't care.

Also just so you know they have everything you've ever done on their screen, how long you've been a member of xbox live by the month, your credit card purchases on all microsoft online products, WHEN YOU ADDED YOUR CREDIT CARD TO MAKE SURE YOU'RE NOT SCAMMING YOUR SLEVEEN WAY TO A CHEAP SUBSCRIPTION.

Source? I worked for Xbox Membership department.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

The commission rate is certainly not 3-6 quid. It's more like 30-50 pence.

I know very well how their discount matrices work and the discounts they offer are based on how long you have had your account active (either by credit card or prepaid subscriptions). Unless they have completely changed their system this will still be the case.

The credit card service for payments is piss poor. A credit card subscription should be cheaper, not twice the price on average.

I only ever use the prepaids due to the fact that It's always cheaper.

Also I don't believe it can be called a scam as it's perfectly ok by their protocols... they just really don't want anyone to know about it.

Advertisement