Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathcore Membership

Options
  • 06-01-2012 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭

Is there anyone thinking of joining Rathcore this year? Its 859 subs for the 12 months and no hello money. Lovely course that has been open all winter so far!

I'm a member who will be re-joining this year and I receive an incentive from the club for bringing in new members. Its a small bonus but every bit counts these days!

If you are currently looking for a course to join then drop me a PM and I'll answer any questions you want about the course and the club.

The only affiliation I have with the club is that I'm a member since mid-2011 so I'll be honest with every question asked.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

It is a beautiful course, I played it a number of times a few years ago. It was around €60 a round at the time and well worth it. Not like other courses in that area that were €30 and you felt like you were being robbed at that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

I think green fees are much lower than €60 at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

the lawman wrote: »
    I think green fees are much lower than €60 at the minute.

I'd say so but at the time it was worth the €60. I think a lot of Kileen members went there when Kileen was undergoing huge works

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭limos

Im a member of rathcore myself and i think its excellent value for 859 and its a wonderful course, I think if you pay in full before the end of Feb you will get a reduction of the 859 not sure exactly how much but i think it will happen we will know shortly. there will be a double bay practice net put in place in the coming weeks and there's also talk of a practice area in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

I joined Rathcore for €200 from Sept til end of Dec and made good use of it. Lovely wee course and I'll be re-joining in the next couple of weeks again.

I don't have a GUI yet, so would any members on here be willing to take a relative newcomer out for a few rounds to help me get a handicap :)

ps, green fees were €25

• Advertisement

I joined Rathcore for €200 from Sept til end of Dec and made good use of it. Lovely wee course and I'll be re-joining in the next couple of weeks again.

I don't have a GUI yet, so would any members on here be willing to take a relative newcomer out for a few rounds to help me get a handicap :)

I would gladly take you out and sign your card lubo. I'm not gonna be playing there for a week or two but I'll drop you a PM when I know when I'm going out again. Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

I would gladly take you out and sign your card lubo. I'm not gonna be playing there for a week or two but I'll drop you a PM when I know when I'm going out again. Good luck with it.

Good man 'the lawman', appreciated and look forward to it. See if you can get a discount/small bonus for me joining by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭thoscon

limos wrote: »
    Im a member of rathcore myself and i think its excellent value for 859 and its a wonderful course, I think if you pay in full before the end of Feb you will get a reduction of the 859 not sure exactly how much but i think it will happen we will know shortly. there will be a double bay practice net put in place in the coming weeks and there's also talk of a practice area in the near future.

Is the net defo happening in the next few weeks ,there's been talk of if for a while now but still no sign of anything happening..

I would be more than happy to go out for a few rounds with you and mark your cards for your handicap, Im already booked in for sat and sun but im free all next week or next weekend if that suits, Pm me if your free

thoscon wrote: »
    Is the net defo happening in the next few weeks ,there's been talk of if for a while now but still no sign of anything happening..

yep as far as i know its ordered and should have it soon enough

• Advertisement

Happy days ..i joined sept 2010 and it's the only fault I have with the place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

Lovely course, some very tough holes.

Last played about 4 years ago during our wonderful torrential summer. Found it hard going in the wet.

Lovely course, some very tough holes.

Last played about 4 years ago during our wonderful torrential summer. Found it hard going in the wet.

...sounds like a man who wants to join up for 2012.....

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

My other half is a member of Rathcore (I'm the golfing widow) - he's keen to see new blood in the club so would be happy to pass on the €100 member incentive to anyone who wanted to join through him.

So an even better price if anyone is interested! (Annual membership of a great club for €659 (€759 less €100).

Just pm me and I'll pass on your details.

http://www.rathcoregolfandcountryclub.com/membership.html

Twenty10 wrote: »
    My other half is a member of Rathcore (I'm the golfing widow) - he's keen to see new blood in the club so would be happy to pass on the €100 member incentive to anyone who wanted to join through him.

So an even better price if anyone is interested! (Annual membership of a great club for €659 (€759 less €100).

Just pm me and I'll pass on your details.

http://www.rathcoregolfandcountryclub.com/membership.html

Well thanks for completing obliterating my request.....in my own thread no less...

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Redzah

Well thanks for completing obliterating my request.....in my own thread no less...

Hahahahaha, you got got!!

To be fair i think her intentions were in the right place and she didn't realise she was undercutting what you had originally posted.

Redzah wrote: »
    Hahahahaha, you got got!!

To be fair i think her intentions were in the right place and she didn't realise she was undercutting what you had originally posted.

Yeah I reckon you're right. Was just having a joke about!!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

Sorry lawman, I didn't read the rest of your thread and I guess my other half didn't either - I didn't notice your offer, just thought it was another thread on membership offers. So apologies from me and him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Maybe every Rathcore member should setup their own thread to recruit new members? :rolleyes:

Twenty10 wrote: »
    Sorry lawman, I didn't read the rest of your thread and I guess my other half didn't either - I didn't notice your offer, just thought it was another thread on membership offers. So apologies from me and him.

No problem at all Twenty10 I wasn't expecting anything from this but was merely hoping. The fact the thread fell down the page within a day says it all anyway.

No harm done.

• Advertisement

kc66 wrote: »
    Maybe every Rathcore member should setup their own thread to recruit new members? :rolleyes:

Maybe people should mind their own business.:rolleyes:

anyone looking to join rathcore pm me..great course great value

anyone looking to join rathcore pm me..great course great value

Haha good stuff.

I'd pick this guy over me if I had the choice.

Short and to the point.great sales pitch !!!

Btw have u had any luck bringing in new members lawman ?

I'll throw in a bag of tees and a €5 voucher for centra.

Btw have u had any luck bringing in new members lawman ?

No not at all. There is a colleague in work who is 50/50 on joining or staying with society golf so we'll see!

I got a lad I play 5 a side with to rejoin , he was a member 2 years ago but left..he was thinking of headfort but convinced him to come back.I brought him out yesterday to play for his handicap..I said it to Austin bout the discount for bringing him back he just laughed !!!

I got a lad I play 5 a side with to rejoin , he was a member 2 years ago but left..he was thinking of headfort but convinced him to come back.I brought him out yesterday to play for his handicap..I said it to Austin bout the discount for bringing him back he just laughed !!!

I'm not sure what the criteria is to claim the discount but I'd keep very close to that new lad and Austin till it's sorted!!!

• Advertisement

Hell not play the course without me !! Maybe it doesn't count coz he was a member before

Advertisement