Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathcore Membership

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

thoscon wrote: »
    Hell not play the course without me !! Maybe it doesn't count coz he was a member before

I'm really not sure to be honest. Ring Aillen in the morning she might know.

Good luck with it anyway thoscon.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭tamloc

Savage Course, savage value!

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Don't forget you might also get 33% extra free on your handicap too :rolleyes:

Don't forget you might also get 33% extra free on your handicap too :rolleyes:

This course is tough enough to do that anyway without all these amazing deals.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Got my renewal letter in this week, looking forward to getting this sorted and back out on the 'rolling drumlins of Co Meath'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭thoscon

was out for a few holes course is in great nick at the minute

was out for a few holes course is in great nick at the minute

Heading out tomorrow hoping the wind calms down a bit.

the lawman wrote: »
    Heading out tomorrow hoping the wind calms down a bit.[/QUOTE
    Was fairly windy today it's meant to be windy tmrw but not as windy Sunday ..hopefully thats right I'm out Sunday morning :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Couldn't find a more recent thread on Rathcore, I'm a former member and was still on the clubs emailing list. Closed its doors as of yesterday per an email I received this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

tang1 wrote: »
    Couldn't find a more recent thread on Rathcore, I'm a former member and was still on the clubs emailing list. Closed its doors as of yesterday per an email I received this morning.

Very sad to hear that, checked their website and no mention so hopefully not closed,

• Advertisement

mafc wrote: »
    Very sad to hear that, checked their website and no mention so hopefully not closed,

Check the visitor posts on there Facebook page and it will confirm what I posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Great little track, one of my favourites around those parts. Always sad when a course closes.

It's very sad news, we had a buyer but he pulled out, hopefully someone will snap it up soon and keep it as a golf course

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

I can't see it been re-open to be honest with so many good quality golf courses in the area doing great membership deals already. It's sad to see it going but I just don't believe that the area can support so many courses. The number of people playing golf as still not increased and green and society income is dropping compared to other years across the country.

Unfortunately I am hearing stories of three other clubs in North Dublin having to make very tough decisions at the moment, one club is looking for additional €350 to €500 from each member to survive till the end of the year and another as paid no rent in 6 months to the landowner and the other is been ran by the bank into the ground. I believe all 3 will survive but they will start dropping membership fees to help them sort out there financial issues which will just add pressure to the other clubs in the area. A lot of times these clubs are just delaying the the final outcome but you can't blame them for that.

It's always very important to join a members own club with a professional management committee in place and very little debt or none if you are looking for a long term golfing family.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

WOW. shocked to hear this, loved this track, one of the hidden gems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Really good course and deceptively tough. Wayward shots punished on nearly every hole. Sad to hear it's closed, its location is unfortunately a bit of a disaster.

Milkers wrote: »
    Really good course and deceptively tough. Wayward shots punished on nearly every hole. Sad to hear it's closed, its location is unfortunately a bit of a disaster.

Would agree with this. I'm a member since 2010 and I have a feeling if I join a different club next year my handicap may come down a shot or two. Hopefully anyway!

the lawman wrote: »
    Would agree with this. I'm a member since 2010 and I have a feeling if I join a different club next year my handicap may come down a shot or two. Hopefully anyway!

I though you left? Or maybe I'm going mad.... were you not sniffing around at other options a while ago? Or maybe you just knew what was coming down the line?

Check the visitor posts on there Facebook page and it will confirm what I posted.

By the way, I don't know where you see it... nothing there from what I see. Mind you, looks like they have at least 2 facebook pages... :rolleyes:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rathcore-Golf-Country-Club/157232951003339?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/Rathcore-Golf-Country-Club-137889606262970/?fref=ts

Seve OB wrote: »
    I though you left? Or maybe I'm going mad.... were you not sniffing around at other options a while ago? Or maybe you just knew what was coming down the line?

No haven't left Seve. I have been looking at options the last while based on my playing partners need for a closer course to home. Still might be there if it opens again which I'm hopeful it will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Seve OB wrote: »
    By the way, I don't know where you see it... nothing there from what I see. Mind you, looks like they have at least 2 facebook pages... :rolleyes:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rathcore-Golf-Country-Club/157232951003339?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/Rathcore-Golf-Country-Club-137889606262970/?fref=ts
    There's nothing on either alright. But one guy asked were they open yesterday and got a private response. Perhaps the comments the OP was mentioning have been removed?

Also, if you go to their BRS booking page, there are absolutely no times available this month.

It is closed until further notice.
    We haven't put out anything in the public domain as we are working in the background on options and will be informing our members tomorrow night of our options going forward.

As regard Facebook i look after it and I'm not putting anything on it until after the egm hence why i replied privately on the page
    We only have one facebook page, I wasn't aware of the other one until today and it looks like a page of just people checking in to Rathcore

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭nebraska132

All the best with the meeting hope a suitable solution arises for the members and staff.

There's nothing on either alright. But one guy asked were they open yesterday and got a private response. Perhaps the comments the OP was mentioning have been removed?

Also, if you go to their BRS booking page, there are absolutely no times available this month.

The comment I was referring to has been removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Really sorry to hear this, but not too surprised. A course I always liked. Played twice this year in opens and place was in great nick.

Hopefully they can sort something out.

The comment I was referring to has been removed.
    Not by us

Not by us

Ah I wasn't implying it was, I only came on and posted originally to sadly report the course was closed from the email I received. I wasn't trying to stir anything by doing it. Its a huge shame to see it gone, but hopefully only on a temporary basis.

Ah I wasn't implying it was, I only came on and posted originally to sadly report the course was closed from the email I received. I wasn't trying to stir anything by doing it. Its a huge shame to see it gone, but hopefully only on a temporary basis.

We are hoping it's temporary, we are working hard trying to make sure it's not closed for long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭allybhoy

always loved playing it, played it as recently as two weeks ago and it was in excellent condition, hopefully a buyer can be found as its a lovely track

• Advertisement

We had our EGM last night
    A few of us have come together to try keep it open between now and xmas basically on a pay & play basis.
    We will be open Wednesdays, Saturdays & Sundays
    It's not ideal but at least we still have golf between now and xmas and we will re-evaluate the situation then
    Steps have been taken to put the course on the open market

Advertisement