Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Place for Fishing in Galway - Amatour

Options
  • 06-01-2012 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi Guys/ Girls

Id like to go for fishing near Galway. Im just starting so id prefer to go for Lake rather than Fly fishing etc.
    Can anybody give me few good places where to go, i heard Moycullen but where ex is the Lake ( there is few as far as i know )

Thanks for help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 evilgannet

Try Lough Parkyflaherty, it's about 4 miles the Oughterard side of Moycullen. There is a forestry road entrance to it.

It has excellent fishing stands and good fishing for Pike, Perch, roach and bream.

If you would prefer trout trout fishing Slieveena Lough about a mile west of the Moycullen/Spiddal road has plenty of trout but they are small.

Our you could just take the plung and get a ghillie to take you out on he Corrib, if you can afford it.

Advertisement