Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SISWEB Registration!

Options
  • 06-01-2012 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

....can anyone point out where the hell the DROP/SWAP option is (or has gone) on the module registration page? I can't find it anywhere and as far as I can remember it was beside the module info...?

(I'm using firefox by the way)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Its not open yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Eager beaver. It's at 5pm

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

I read it as it's closing on the 27th at 5 :confused:
    The online registration 'change of mind' dates for Semester 2 modules are from Friday, 6 January 2012 up to Friday, 27 January 2012 at 5.00pm.

Hopefully it'll open soon I want to make some changes

It's working :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭xxpopopxx

Could anyone please help ?? I dropped a module from info studies, but the only option it gives me is to replace it with only from modules I selected, but the one I want to replace it with is full, can I not choose another module outside from the ones I chosen ?? :confused::( I really don't want to do info studies

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Go to the module you want to replace, press Drop/Swap, press Replace, and type the new module code in the box!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭xxpopopxx

Go to the module you want to replace, press Drop/Swap, press Replace, and type the new module code in the box!

the box has fixed modules for me to replace and wont let me type in it :(:(:(

Victoria. wrote: »
    I read it as it's closing on the 27th at 5 :confused:

Dam you were right obviously, I read it wrong! The module I wanted clashed with a core but the one I've settled for sounds really easy and improved my timetable, double win!

Conor108 wrote: »
    Dam you were right obviously, I read it wrong! The module I wanted clashed with a core but the one I've settled for sounds really easy and improved my timetable, double win!

That's great :)

I managed to get rid of an elective with a 3 lectures and a lab every week, I have absolutely no idea what I was thinking when I chose that :o I now have one with just lectures and a tutorial for an hour every other week so that's better!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

The registration for labs/tutorials as well as lectures for semester 2 was offered at the start of semester 1 right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

xxpopopxx wrote: »
    the box has fixed modules for me to replace and wont let me type in it :(:(:(

I just add an extra module (register for 7) then drop the one I don't want any more. It tells you you have to pay fees for the 7th, but you dont because you drop back down to 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I tried to swap an elective and got an error saying ''closed section'' when I picked the new one, does this mean the module is full does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Jello wrote: »
    I tried to swap an elective and got an error saying ''closed section'' when I picked the new one, does this mean the module is full does anyone know?

I'd also like to know. If it makes a difference, its not an in-programme module.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

It might mean there's a clash on your timetable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Neeson wrote: »
    It might mean there's a clash on your timetable.

No, it definitely doesn't clash. I think it means you need permission to take it if its a Core option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

It probably means it's full. I remember trying to pick a slot for a tutorial that was full to see what would happen and I think that's what it said in red writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭JaneLane

I was wondering can someone help me? I want to drop an option module but any time I click 'drop/swap' and replace with another module, no box appears for me to type in the course I want to check availability. I will let me drop it altogether but will only let me register for it again, not replace it!

I've checked if I can swap other modules and I can, it just won't let me do it with this one... I'm doomed to take this subject, I know it! :P

Any suggestions?

Under my credit statement, it now says 'You have a 60 credit deficit for Stage 1'. I'm in Stage 2. Is this some weird glitch or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,173 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I'm doing the mid year progression into stage 2 this week. The only problem is that I can't actually do that until the exam results are released which is the on the 18th.So I have no classes until at least the 19th. What do I do until then? I'm also slightly worries that some modules I want to attend will already be full. But thats my fault I suppose.

I'm not going to arse around UCD with my mates like I did last year. Thats what got me into this mess in the first place.

Quick question. I'm doing a module that has a module I did in first year under 'Incompatible' when I go into 'Am I eligible to take this module'.

Incompatible means I just couldn't do both of them in the same year right? If the module I did in 1st year was in 'Excluded' I would never be able to do this one right?

I registered fine for it and it shows up in my timetable bla bla bla but I have a fear its a glitch that let me do it. Or is that fine?

• Advertisement

bah double post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

As I believe it, you're not allowed have them both. Incompatible means the subject material is extremely similar, and thus doing both is not reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭EmacB

I'm in first year science atm doing chemistry, biology and physics. I'm inbetween two minds whether to drop physics or not. Ive only got the one physics module, but i didnt even do physics in school so i dont really have a clue whats going on. Anyway i always doubted i would continue physics past first year, and it seems like a lot of work.

My physics module is actually down as a core module though, so i cant just click drop/swap. Will i have to go to the programme office or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

EmacB wrote: »
    I'm in first year science atm doing chemistry, biology and physics. I'm inbetween two minds whether to drop physics or not. Ive only got the one physics module, but i didnt even do physics in school so i dont really have a clue whats going on. Anyway i always doubted i would continue physics past first year, and it seems like a lot of work.

My physics module is actually down as a core module though, so i cant just click drop/swap. Will i have to go to the programme office or what?

You must be in the MPS stream then.. Go to the program office and they'll sort it all out for you in like 10 minutes.

Advertisement