Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Skerries

Options
  • 06-01-2012 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭

We are looking into a possible move to Skerries this year.
    It looks like a lovely town close to the Airport and the City, and on a train line too.

My OH will need to work from home, now and again, and I was wondering what the internet connection is like.
    Do any of you work from Skerries? Can I ask what internet provider do you use?

Many thanks for any info and recommendations you have :)

EDIT: I did a thread search but some info goes back to 2009/8, wondering if internet speed in the area has changed since then.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I use eircom broadband & the speeds are fine even thought I'm a few kilometers outside the town. I use it regularly for work with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

Thank you Hill Billy.

Is that Switzerland on your location?

Am Irish and been living in CH for years.
    We are moving back to good ol' Eire :)

Greussach!
    Ja - ich wohne in Bern.
    Wo wohnst du?

Grüezi auch :D

Genau in diesem Moment, Wir sind in Nord Irland..

aber in der Schweiz, wohnen Wir in Zürich.

Huärä geils! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Dublin Mark

I moved to Skerries from the UK and love it here!

I had '3' as our broadband provider - got rid of it for Eircom

Was actually in Switzerland in October for the Lichtenstien v Scotland game!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaulD77

Work from home a good bit in Skerries. I use Eircom and it is perfect. Never have any issues.

Thank you all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

Mr Wemmick...welcome to Skerries !

I work from home and use Eircom and have not had any problems with line speed or reliability.

Hope you and your family settle in well.

Happy New Year.

Mr Wemmick...welcome to Skerries !

I work from home and use Eircom and have not had any problems with line speed or reliability.

Hope you and your family settle in well.

Happy New Year.

Thank you very much indeed for the info and your good wishes.

We are really looking forward to the move :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I use vodafone. Haven't had a minute of trouble with them (was previously BT who I had terrible trouble getting connected with, but then was perfect).

I get a solid 18Mb connection with a decent ping and work from home fairly regularly with it. Vodafone are (to the best of my knowledge) just eircom resellers so they're selling the same product only slightly cheaper / with better download limits.

Welcome to Skerries. :) It's a lovely town.

Khannie wrote: »
    I use vodafone. Haven't had a minute of trouble with them (was previously BT who I had terrible trouble getting connected with, but then was perfect).

I get a solid 18Mb connection with a decent ping and work from home fairly regularly with it. Vodafone are (to the best of my knowledge) just eircom resellers so they're selling the same product only slightly cheaper / with better download limits.

Welcome to Skerries. :) It's a lovely town.

Thank you for the kind welcome, Khannie.

It's good to hear that working from home will not be a problem at all.

Advertisement