Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Analytics - Not Installed

• 06-01-2012 11:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have deployed a new site with a Google Analytics tracking code (just before the </head> tag). I put this site live before the Christmas break and when I got access to the client's Google Analytics account it is saying that it is not installed (last checked at ~2AM this morning).

The code I placed is perfect and I have read this article and have deduced that the only two possible problems could be:
    1. Incorrect filter settings - Incorrect filter settings can affect the data you see, and may unintentionally filter all of your data from your reports. This happens most frequently due to multiple Include filters.
    2. Interfering Scripts - Other scripts on your pages could be using some of the same variables as the ga.js file, and therefore interfering with the tracking code execution. If you're using additional scripts on your pages, consider moving the tracking code into the <head> section of the page. This way, the tracking code will work correctly, and it won't interfere with the rest of your scripts.

There are no filters applied so that rules out #1. The tracking code is in the head section of the markup so I'm baffled.

Has anyone ever come across this before?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Sean^DCT4
    1) Go into the analytics
    In the old version go to profile settings
    To right you see Receiving Data (Check Status) and it has a tick beside - that will say if the analytics data is being received by google.

2) Have you had visitors (silly i know - but still..)
    3) any filters on the data?

what the CMS (if there is one)
    If you want to pm me the site address, i'll take a pike and see if there is something a miss

Conor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

1. I am in the old version now, where is the Profile Settings? :confused:
    2. Definitely have had a couple of visitors :)
    3. Number of Filters: 0

This is a custom .NET CMS that I have written for a client over a period of a couple of months.

I have sent you a PM with a link to the site. Would I be allowed to post it publicly here?

Google analylitics>
    Click on Site Name
    Brings you to Website Profiles Page
    Last Colum Click Edit (on that site name)
    That’s the Profiles Screen
    Right near the top – Receiving Data?

Seán

PM sent to you with an idea

C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

When I went in to the analytics profile page and clicked edit, I clicked a button near the top that said "Check Status", once I done that it appeared to install analytics. The status currently says that it is "Waiting for data". Woohoo, I should have some data over the next few days.

Thanks blue4ever.

• Advertisement
Advertisement