Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kinnity Castle

Options
  • 06-01-2012 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I'm interested in taking a crew to Kinnity Castle in February . I'm no expert , just looking for like minded individuals who want to come along . Was there a few years back and got some very interesting results .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Im not sure how you would go about booking it as its a fully ran hotel. As far as I am aware the only people who can afford to do it are the large groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

I have heard through the grapevine that Kinnitty Castle have now closed their doors to Paranormal Teams. By all means, contact them, that's what I heard though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i was talking to kinnity castle people a month or so back and its under new management, who dont want anything to do with the paranormal

You could always do a secret paranormal investigation. Just book a room and try and record emf fields under your table at dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Paramad

Haha very good . Kinnity strangely is only a hotel at weekends , at least it was . I have an email from last year saying they would allow it , but perhaps I will need to contact them again .

• Advertisement

i suggest you should.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I am getting married there this year and they advise m that they have now stopped advertising the whole haunted castle thing and no longer want to go down the paranormal avenue , they say the have lost a couple of big wedding because people found out it was meant to be haunted.

But why not stay in Kinnity and organise a trip to Glebe Castle or Charleville castle

People cancelled their weddings because the place was haunted? Seems like a fake excuse to me, I dont think anyone would be stupid enough to cancel a wedding for that reason.

I would assume they just want to distance themselves from the "ghosty" thing as it dosnt attract the sort of high spend return clients that they would be looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Riamfada wrote: »
    People cancelled their weddings because the place was haunted? Seems like a fake excuse to me, I dont think anyone would be stupid enough to cancel a wedding for that reason.

I would assume they just want to distance themselves from the "ghosty" thing as it dosnt attract the sort of high spend return clients that they would be looking for.

Just what I was told but im sure there is people like that out there that would be nervous staying in a castle that was meant to be haunted and maybe the bride was one of them does not bother me mind the only reason I booked it was cause I went on one of those most haunted paranormal trips to there last year and loved the place saw no ghost mind

Kinnity management have a very short memory . They forget that it was the Paranormal groups that kept that place running when it was going through its receivership

• Advertisement

Riamfada wrote: »
    People cancelled their weddings because the place was haunted?

Yeah its a common problem, they get in the way of photographs and cant stop poking at the cake.

How about Ross castle again

Ughhh Ross Castle , the scariest thing in Ross Castle is the staircase . Does anyone think Ross Castle is haunted?

Have seen some pretty good activity in Ross Castle and I wouldnt be a huge believer. I brought a group there who were not interested in the paranormal and did not know the history of the place and many of them reported some form of activity with one event of poltergeist activity in the top room. All were embaressed and spoke to me privately as the "tour organiser" about their experiences.

Of course all of the experiences were subjective but it was a funny little experiement that took a lot of work. I had ten people in total. I will probably try and present on it at a paranormal event somewhere. paracon2012.

Dre I would be up for Ross again anytime. Or probably Wexford or Clare. Clare would be good.

IMO Kinnity and Charleville are as haunted as a shoe shop on a Monday afternoon. All killer no filler.

Paramad wrote: »
    Ughhh Ross Castle , the scariest thing in Ross Castle is the staircase . Does anyone think Ross Castle is haunted?

Wait you actually thought Kinnity was :rolleyes: I just think its nice .

I was witness to some occurances in Kinnity that were certainly unexplainable to ourselves anyway

I just have the impression that a lot of Kinnity's paranormal investigations are highly manufactured. It therefore casts doubts on anything that comes out of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭PammyD

Have any of you tried Leap (pronounced 'Lep') Castle near Roscrea, Co. Tipperary.. TPI are a group who often run investigations there.... My Dad had some interesting things show up on photos after a nights investigation with them...

Last time I was talking to Sean about leap, he was looking for 500 euro a night
    PammyD wrote: »
    Have any of you tried Leap (pronounced 'Lep') Castle near Roscrea, Co. Tipperary.. TPI are a group who often run investigations there.... My Dad had some interesting things show up on photos after a nights investigation with them...

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭PammyD

I dont know about that now to be honest I just know that TPI take groups there for a fee and investigate...

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

i've been to kinnity for many weddings (when i do marry my guy that's where we are headed) and never once saw anything spooky or even felt anything otherworldly, its a very beautiful place but i have been about 14 or 15 times and even staying for 2 to 3 nights each time experienced nothing to suggest its active. leap on the other hand is a much different story, i have visited on many tv shows / documentaries and even with family. sean is a great guy and very easy going, as for the 500 euros a night? i never gave him that much, 5 euros for a walk around which i bumped up to 15 euros out of respect to him and his family. i don't know how much the filming fee was (i wasn't in charge of accounts) i did a lot of camera and sound running so for me it was never an investigation it was just another day on the set, except on most haunted when dereck tried to chat with the elemental and sean freaked out and told him to stop ..then it became very real. any time i visited when not with a crew or show it was a lot more relaxed and sean kept me talking for hours. if he is charging that much a night i have to say i can see why, he doesn't just own the place he lives there and a crew of camera people or investigators can be quite intrusive to your daily life. he is probably the most genuine owner of an active property you will ever meet, he built that place back up through hard work and its looking fantastic now. well worth the visit regardless if its with a team or on your own, he will probably play you a tune too :)

• Advertisement

PammyD wrote: »
    I dont know about that now to be honest I just know that TPI take groups there for a fee and investigate...

ring him yourself and ask him .....

Been to Leap numerous times, can't say I have ever had any experiences or anything there but certainly a pricey one by today's standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Stonybroke23

It was great when Richard felix used to do the paranormal weekend at Halloween! I stayed there for a night in the seret room ! Barely slept , it's definitely got an atmosphere .it's worth just booking a weekend and say nothing about the paranormal!

Advertisement