Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Island lane jewellers ceased trading

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,456 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I long ago stopped shopping in the Shoe centre in Patricks street as I found it impossible to get served. After yet another occasion where I stood in the shop with a shoe in my hand trying to get someone's attention, and being treated as though I was invisible (in favour of chat chat chat between the assistants) I just gave up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭the roo

looksee wrote: »
    I long ago stopped shopping in the Shoe centre in Patricks street as I found it impossible to get served. After yet another occasion where I stood in the shop with a shoe in my hand trying to get someone's attention, and being treated as though I was invisible (in favour of chat chat chat between the assistants) I just gave up on it.

That shop has terrible customer service I also left it for more or less the same reason once tried it again and and I think they are only interested in selling to you if they know you so "we can have the chat ". After my experience there never entered it again. Now they are paying the price, Hate to see business closing down as jobs suffer. But shops really need to get their act together. Cash is King.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Heard this morning that it looks like Awear are pulling out aswell in a couple of weeks. And things aren't looking the best in Next city sq either.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

cococoady wrote: »
    Heard this morning that it looks like Awear are pulling out aswell in a couple of weeks. And things aren't looking the best in Next city sq either.

The Awear rumour has been going around years now tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Same with the one about Next in City square, that was going around when I worked there 10 years ago!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭decies

Jeeves was just saying to me today after brunch in town, he never saw it so bad around, shopkeepers standing at doorways , staff slumped over cash registers,

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Claire's Accessories in Lisduggan shopping centre is closing at the end of the month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

cococoady wrote: »
    Claire's Accessories in Lisduggan shopping centre is closing at the end of the month.

Lisduggan will be one to watch in terms of closures. Is the t-junction cafe still open? They were in trouble a year or two back and refurbished the place to try drum up new business. Then Cards n' Things closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

batm!ke wrote: »
    Lisduggan will be one to watch in terms of closures. Is the t-junction cafe still open? They were in trouble a year or two back and refurbished the place to try drum up new business. Then Cards n' Things closed down.

AFAIK, it's still open.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭ilovetorun

Delighted to hear that Island Lane are reopening at ardkeen shopping center today at 12pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

ilovetorun wrote: »
    Delighted to hear that Island Lane are reopening at ardkeen shopping center today at 12pm

Yeah it's a bit of a strange one, isn't it? They decided to close it but are re-opening within a few months. I wonder did they manage to negotiate a better deal on rent or something like that as you'd wonder what else can change in three months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Yeah it's a bit of a strange one, isn't it? They decided to close it but are re-opening within a few months. I wonder did they manage to negotiate a better deal on rent or something like that as you'd wonder what else can change in three months.

Maybe they sold off the Summerhill Jewellers in Tramore and just had funds to keep one shop open or something like that?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

batm!ke wrote: »
    Maybe they sold off the Summerhill Jewellers in Tramore and just had funds to keep one shop open or something like that?

Afaik Tramore was rented/leased. They don't own that property.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭decies

Summerhill jewellers were the same as island lane, its under new ownership apparently, but who i ask who???

More money than sense perhaps, time will tell!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Spotted the signs outside Ardkeen yesterday.
    Good luck to all involved.

Advertisement