Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Eireann No.343 (Shannon Bus)

• 06-01-2012 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭

Quick question for ye,

Does the Shannon bus stop on the Ennis Road just after crossing the Sarsfield Bridge?

I'm pretty it does but just want to be sure.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭georgem25

Yeah its stops at the Strand Hotel bus stop

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

TheTownie wrote: »
    Quick question for ye,

Does the Shannon bus stop on the Ennis Road just after crossing the Sarsfield Bridge?

Not 100% tbh (I get off that bus on Roches st) but I know it does drop people to L.I.T and the like.

Ring bus eireann on (061) 313333 to double check ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭georgem25

Not 100% tbh (I get off that bus on Roches st) but I know it does drop people to L.I.T and the like.

This bus goes no where near Roches St - it stops at Sarsfield St near Debenhams, or O'Connell St near the Augustinian church or on William St near Superdrug depending on the driver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

No it definitely doesn't drop off at LIT anyway, that's probably one of the private buses...

OP, the 343 picks up anybody on the Ennis road at any of the stops there. Just make sure to put your hand out when the bus approaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

georgem25 wrote: »
    This bus goes no where near Roches St - it stops at Sarsfield St near Debenhams, or O'Connell St near the Augustinian church or on William St near Superdrug depending on the driver

Apologies, I'm thinking of the 323 service from Birr to Limerick, oops :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Isn't that the bus route coming in from Shannon!

But I think you're correct as far as Roches St. is concerned - can't recall the Airport bus going that way. Afaik, outward it goes down Mallow St stopping somewhere just before the lights (M-Sign maybe!), turning on to Henry St. stopping @ Dunnes before going over Sarsfield Bridge, that's a request stop at The Strand btw.

I'd say the Galway bound Inter-City Services that pulls in at Shannon goes via Shannon Bridge so best to double check with BÉ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Just checking, coming into Limerick from Shannon on Bus 343 is there a stop near the Jetland (I know there is one on the outward journey) or any stop closer to the Jetland than the Greenhills stop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Balagan wrote: »
    Just checking, coming into Limerick from Shannon on Bus 343 is there a stop near the Jetland (I know there is one on the outward journey) or any stop closer to the Jetland than the Greenhills stop?

Gaelic grounds or just across from Ivans

Advertisement