Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Vet near Ballybofey?

Options
  • 06-01-2012 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I live about 6 miles from Killygordon, and currently use the vets in Castlederg/Stabane.

Had an incident where I lost a cat on an emergency visit, due to the length of time it took me to get to the vets.

Can anyone recommend any vets near Killygordon/Ballybofey area's?

I've googled and a few come up, but with different names and the same phone numbers. I'd really be appreciative if anyone could recommend anyone from experience?

Many thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭kathleen37

Just tried Twin Valley Vet Group, and they say they don't deal with small animals, only farm animals....

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭allquestions

There are a few that I've been to before, the Animal Hospital on the Lurgybrack Road (Letterkenny to Ballybofey), the Animal Health Centre in Ramelton (Heidi and Ludwig are very good with small animals) and Susan Roulston ouside Newtoncunningham. Never had any problem with any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Twin Valley vet group (iirc) are the same people as the animal hospital, I think it's just an office their farmer customers can call into, the vets all operate from Letterkenny as livestock means they call out to them. I think your nearest vet is probably the one in Strabane.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭kathleen37

Thanks very much for the replies.

Castlederg is closer, but since they were taken over by vets at Strabane, they no longer do Out of hours calls from there or home visits. The extra 15 mins to Stabane was too far for one of the girls...

I had thought there was a vets at Convoy, but not been able to find anything?

Last visit to Castlederg was grand. Old cat, Lemons, was actually grand in the car, no need of emergency visit and she's recovered well now. Here's to hoping there will be no need of any emergency visits in the future for any of them, and all the cats that go mental in the car keep healthy!

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

kathleen37 wrote: »
    I had thought there was a vets at Convoy, but not been able to find anything?

There may have been a large animal vet at one stage but not one for pets for as long as I can remember. Very few pet vets do home visits these days. Do you have a carrier for the cats in case of emergencies? It might be an idea to get them all used to being in a carrier just in case! Feed their meals in it and it won't cause them as much distress if you ever do need to get them to a vet in hurry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement