Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT xmas exams

Options
  • 06-01-2012 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

So i'm a first year student. I was just wondering if I have to pass both continual assessment and the exam this month to pass the module? I have around 30% already in one of my harder modules and was hoping i'd only have to get that extra 10% in my exam to pass the module but I heard you have to pass the exam as well. Is this true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

irishsatch wrote: »
    So i'm a first year student. I was just wondering if I have to pass both continual assessment and the exam this month to pass the module? I have around 30% already in one of my harder modules and was hoping i'd only have to get that extra 10% in my exam to pass the module but I heard you have to pass the exam as well. Is this true?

I am pretty sure once you get 40% between the two you pass. You used to have had to pass both but that has changed. This is true for engineering anyway. Send your course coordinator an email to confirm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭pieface_ie

No, you must also get 40% in your written exam to pass. You cannot get 30% in your continual assessment and get 10% in your written and pass the module.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭rob w

pieface_ie wrote: »
    No, you must also get 40% in your written exam to pass. You cannot get 30% in your continual assessment and get 10% in your written and pass the module.

+1

There is a threshold of 35% that needs to be reached in every exam and continuous assesment!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭overshoot

rob w wrote: »
    +1

There is a threshold of 35% that needs to be reached in every exam and continuous assesment!
    hurry for lecturers not knowing that/rule not existing 3 years ago;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

irishsatch wrote: »

Depends on the module, Ive had modules that have not required you to even sit in class assessments once your overall grade is high enough, check the module descriptor. Im a 4th year tho so maybe some stuff has changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Pippasue

Doing exams at present in Dit I'm a first year. Can I make up my marks in the summer i I don't do well in these exams. It's so stressful.... Best of luck to you all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 redcortina

Depends on the module i think, i failed a written exam a few years back but had enough with my CA to get me a pass over all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pippasue

Thanks Redcortina!

Advertisement