Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to a show in the Olympia

Options
  • 06-01-2012 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

I am attending a show in the Olympia on a Saturday night in a few weeks time and I was planning where we will stay and get there. Has anyone any recommendations on hotel options with parking close by or further out but with bus/luas service to city center? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

knowing your budget would be a start.

Westbury or a hostel?

The Olympia is on Dame street and is very accessible from all parts of town with public transport, so you have a large area to pick from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

There's a Jury's Inn at Christchurch. Less than a 5 minute walk from the Olympia. They have an adjoining car park too. I think you have to pay a small surcharge for that though.

Pints in Brogans (next door to the Olympia) after the show is a must too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I stayed in Trinity Capitol a few months back, it was really nice, it's midrange, in terms of price... The hotel itself doesn't have parking, I think the car park is around the corner... It's about ten minutes walk from the Olympia.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Thanks for your replies. I injured about rates in Jurys....seems OK...they said they have a public carpark next door, 14euro for a 24 hour stay. Do you think there would be spaces available if you arrived there at around 4-5pm? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Glenman wrote: »
    Thanks for your replies. I injured about rates in Jurys....seems OK...they said they have a public carpark next door, 14euro for a 24 hour stay. Do you think there would be spaces available if you arrived there at around 4-5pm? Cheers

I don't know, tbh. If you gave them a quick call they might be able to tell you, though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement