Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-mobile, unequipped to provide mobile phone service.

Options
  • 06-01-2012 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭

Just a friendly warning for fellow Boards.ie users thinking of switching to e-mobile. Personally
    i believe that as a company they are unfit for operation and hate to see unsuspecting customers
    getting caught by their exceptional (looking) deals and poor service.

Firstly:

I took out a 12 month contract with a 64GB iPhone 4S on Select 300 priceplan at €44 per month
    for 12 months and €499 initial payment for the iPhone. Seemed like a great deal, but it wasn't.
    I'll explain why later.

I think the best way to talk about e-mobile is to examine them under their own banner
    advertisement on the website:

187384.jpg

Great Value:

Cant argue with some of their plans, i admit, they have better offerings than other providers.
    However what they don't tell you is their coverage is the poorest of any irish network. You
    can spend an hour with great service in the city centre when you get into the suburbs of
    Dublin its a different story. 3G and Edge coverage are non existant, you can forget about any
    network reliability and calls will start to go to voicemail due to the low signal strength or if
    you are lucky enough to have a call you would really need to be on a winning streak for the
    call to last more than five or six minutes before your call is cut off and you need to reconnect!
    Bottom line is there is no consistency and guaranteed service which other networks seem to
    have no problem being able to provide!

Excellent Care:

This couldn't be further from the truth. I spoke to one agent in 5 weeks who actually knew
    what he was talking about. Serious issues with whoever is training (or lack of training)
    e-mobile employees, either in-store or on the phone. I went in-store because i was an hour
    on the phone one day and was told they couldn't do anything, handed me a landline phone
    in-store and pretty much laughed as i stood there for another hour before getting an answer
    and might i add to a moran

If your on the phone, expect to wait up to one hour for an agent. I have three recorded calls
    i made to e-mobile where my wait time was over 30 minutes before my call was answered.
    I recorded these as proof that it is impossible for this 'service provider' to claim that they
    are operating as normal.

Straightforward:

Also couldn't be further from the truth. After i asked to cancel my contract i was told i would
    need a jiffy bag sent out to me from e-mobile in order to send my handset and documentation
    back. It took me almost two weeks to get the bag. I sent it back within 24 hours and it took
    e-mobile another two weeks to get it onto their 'system' that they had actually received the
    phone to start the 30 days process in which i would receive my refund. During this time i
    could not move to another network as the cancellation of my contract wasn't complete.
    So for the month (of the jiffy bag fiasco) and the 30 days waiting on a refund i was left
    missing calls, no 3G coverage and pretty much having to run out of my house to try to
    get a hold a call when the phone rang. Straightforward is not a word that should be used
    in the same sentence as e-mobile.

Perks:

Perks are ok you get €5 off your bill if your with eircom as you landline provider. Nothing
    to write home about. And if you ask me, the association between e-mobile and eircom will
    do more damage to eircom's already shaky reputation than good. We spent about €100 to
    €150 a month on eircom for the last 12 months and i have just cancelled our contract with
    them too.

Trust:

Don't make me laugh, you cant trust them as far as you can throw them. The very last call
    i placed with an e-mobile agent is a perfect example. I was told that they finally (two weeks
    after confirmed registered delivery by anpost) had received my handset and could begin to
    process a refund. I was assured i would receive the full refund on my iPhone and that as i
    had cancelled my contract during the cooling off period i would not have to pay for the
    service used as it was within the change of mind period. I hung up and later that week
    a direct debit of €68 was taken from my account. While on e-mobile i received a lot of calls
    but my personal useage was under 10 minutes of calls about 250MB of data and about 300
    text messages while effectively waiting for the go ahead to switch back to my old network
    and i think its a disgrace that i was told one thing and then charged almost €70 for a delay
    which was caused by e-mobile in the first place.

Be very careful before you switch over to this shower, you will regret it!

I encourage anybody with a negative story to tell about these guys to post below, so we
    can document just how poor their service is and maybe get some answers from the e-mobile
    reps along the way. Equally if your having no problems with e-mobile your welcome to share
    your positive outlook on the network below.

Poll removed 5 votes

Poll
    0% 0 votes
    Removed
    100% 5 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

They should have completed

1. Their cutover to the new call centre (s) in Cork
    2. The agent training in Cork.

and all by 31 december 2011.

The CS was simply deplorable from October - Christmas while they transitioned. I have not heard what the end result is like, ie since monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭strongback

The customer service phone support is very poor. I have waited over an hour on hold before an eMobile rep answered the phone. I knew the service was extremely poor before switching to eMobile and they lived up to their reputation.

I work beside an eMobile shop and knowing I could call into the store to have any queries answered eased my mind about switching to eMobile. If I had to rely on eMobiles telephone support I would not have switched from Vodafone.

In saying the above I have generally had a good experience with my switch to eMobile. The lads in the shop on Henry St have sorted out any technical queries I have had when I called into them. I haven't needed a lot of support but one guy in the shop spent an hour with me setting up email etc on my phone.

In terms of coverage I am in Dublin City Centre and I don't have issues with dropped calls etc and 3G generally works although for some reason on certain streets it goes down. I did notice that 3G was not available one day I was out in Citywest. The reception in the City is comparable to Vodafone and actually better in the North Inner City and Dublin 3.

In terms of the deal I got a Smart phone on a 12 month contract with the first 3 months of the contact free as an introductory offer. I pay €65 a month for unlimited calls and texts to landlines and Irish mobiles. I also get a 15 gig data allowance per month but I am hard pushed to use a Gig a month with heavy Internet use.

In total for the year I pay 9 x €65 = €585 plus €49 to buy the Galaxy S2 giving a total of €634 for a new Galaxy S2 and unlimited phone use for a year. I see this as good value as I would have paid €500-600 for the S2 on it's own.

It summary I am happy with eMobile but only because I can get tech support by calling into a shop and cover in is ok in Dublin City Centre.

A friend told me O2 are now doing an unlimited calls deal for €49 per month. having been with O2 in the past I would see them as superior to eMobile especially when it comes to support where O2 are excellent. I believe there is no free phone with the O2 €49 deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

OK, this forum, like all of our Talk To forums, is here to help with customer service issues and general sales/technical queries etc. It is not here for the company to be abused, berated and be ranted at, so if there are any actual questions here for e-Mobile, please ask them otherwise I'm going to close this thread. I'm also removing the poll.

If you simply want to have a rant - there are plenty of other forums on Boards.ie that are more suited to that, but unless you have an actual query you want help with from the reps, this is off topic for this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

strongback wrote: »
    The customer service phone support is very poor. I have waited over an hour on hold before an eMobile rep answered the phone. I knew the service was extremely poor before switching to eMobile and they lived up to their reputation.

I work beside an eMobile shop and knowing I could call into the store to have any queries answered eased my mind about switching to eMobile. If I had to rely on eMobiles telephone support I would not have switched from Vodafone.

In saying the above I have generally had a good experience with my switch to eMobile. The lads in the shop on Henry St have sorted out any technical queries I have had when I called into them. I haven't needed a lot of support but one guy in the shop spent an hour with me setting up email etc on my phone.

In terms of coverage I am in Dublin City Centre and I don't have issues with dropped calls etc and 3G generally works although for some reason on certain streets it goes down. I did notice that 3G was not available one day I was out in Citywest. The reception in the City is comparable to Vodafone and actually better in the North Inner City and Dublin 3.

In terms of the deal I got a Smart phone on a 12 month contract with the first 3 months of the contact free as an introductory offer. I pay €65 a month for unlimited calls and texts to landlines and Irish mobiles. I also get a 15 gig data allowance per month but I am hard pushed to use a Gig a month with heavy Internet use.

In total for the year I pay 9 x €65 = €585 plus €49 to buy the Galaxy S2 giving a total of €634 for a new Galaxy S2 and unlimited phone use for a year. I see this as good value as I would have paid €500-600 for the S2 on it's own.

It summary I am happy with eMobile but only because I can get tech support by calling into a shop and cover in is ok in Dublin City Centre.

A friend told me O2 are now doing an unlimited calls deal for €49 per month. having been with O2 in the past I would see them as superior to eMobile especially when it comes to support where O2 are excellent. I believe there is no free phone with the O2 €49 deal.

Hi strongback
    I am happy to hear that you have had a good experience with us so far but obviously concerned that you have found issues with our phone support channels. We have recently opened new call centre, along with an online Web Chat function which we hope will improve support and response times. I hope youe experience continues but should you ever have any further issue you can also post me here.
    Regards
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Darragh18

does anybody have any idea where i can buy a netopia 2247 the silver ones becuase there the best ones for consoles and gaming

• Advertisement
Advertisement