Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tempest 10 - NewPort Cafe Bar, Paul St, Cork - 11/02/12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Ah yeah, not really been playing any of those DOC games lately sai, so I'd probably only be up for the Street fighter inferno.

Good luck with your interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Sairus wrote: »
    I'm hoping to go to DoC (28th Jan) and Inferno (4th Feb), but I may skip out on Inferno as I have an interview that week.

Yeah best of luck with the interview.

The key to any interview is the correct choice of bandana!

Knock em dead bro. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Cheers lads~

Also, I forgot to mention that the poll is now closed. UMvC3 is the side event this month.
    Good choice everybody! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I've leveled up, gone back to using Juri's default colour scheme and will be pumping out a new song on my headphones during matches this Saturday.

Are you ready to get mistified?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

i should be bringing my 2 brothers to this to participate, rob who uses akuma and gief and my brother from england lee AKA Skreamz who uses chun

• Advertisement

Good stuff. Looking to be plenty of new faces this time :)

Also, a reminder to all you Cannes folks: This is your last chance to get some tournament practice in before we set sail for Frencher pastures, so come on down!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Good stuff. Looking to be plenty of new faces this time :)

Also, a reminder to all you Cannes folks: This is your last chance to get some tournament practice in before we set sail for Frencher pastures, so come on down!

I'd like to play but I have a wedding Saturday!

^ Always with the weddings :D

Anybody want some casuals today or tomorrow?

raah! wrote: »
    ^ Always with the weddings :D

Anybody want some casuals today or tomorrow?

Tomorrow would be lovely. I can have em in my house. I'll start a thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Looks like I'm out of this had other plans made and didn't realise until now. Might make it in to see the final, best I can hope for. Best of luck with it lads.
    Matt I'll try and get that controller sometime next week. I'll be in touch about it.

• Advertisement

mackg wrote: »
    Looks like I'm out of this had other plans made and didn't realise until now. Might make it in to see the final, best I can hope for. Best of luck with it lads.
    Matt I'll try and get that controller sometime next week. I'll be in touch about it.

no problem mate. ill bring it with with me on tempest day, so that if you do make it to the finals you could grab your pad :p

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Might actually be in Cork this weekend.

Hope I can make this.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

Hey guys. I'm really looking forward to this event, but I just have a question on hand. I normally play with a pad, and a PS3 one at that. Will there be any PS3s available, or will I need to get comfortable with the 360 controller?

Nevflinn wrote: »
    Hey guys. I'm really looking forward to this event, but I just have a question on hand. I normally play with a pad, and a PS3 one at that. Will there be any PS3s available, or will I need to get comfortable with the 360 controller?

Unfortunately the entire event is run on 360s so you'll need to use a 360 pad. However, I do have a PS2 pad converter here that you can borrow (it lets you use a PS2 pad on a 360), but it requires a wired Xbox pad to use. My wired pad broke last year so I can't supply one.

Also, if you're up for some games we're having a casuals session at my apartment later today: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056544476

• Registered Users Posts: 38 CavemanFurby

I'll be there tomorrow! What time is it kicking off? Sadly I wont be able to bring a 360 or my stick cause they're at home and ****e :(

Casuals and registration start at 12.00, the tournament will start at 13.00.

Please take note of this, everybody! The first page of this thread had a different time listed! Venue opens at 12.00.

Also, if you're up for some games we're having a casuals session at my apartment later today: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056544476

Of all the edit notes to have missed out on! D:

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

Who was the third Bison besides Steez and Speedhack today? (for vids)

Chris IWS wrote: »
    Who was the third Bison besides Steez and Speedhack today? (for vids)

WTFBenson

Cheers to all who showed up! Damn hard tournament.

Quick recap:

Fairly small turnout with 10 people. Top 3 were:
    Silver Steez
    Gouke
    Prenelf

WTFBenson won Marvel.. which had 3 entrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 CavemanFurby

My alarm kinda ****ed me over... sorry guys :(

• Advertisement

Ggs everyone. You missed a good tempest furby!

Are the videos going up anytime soon? I saw the two on chris iws' channel, but there were alot of games there that I'd like to watch again, was hype tourney

Are the videos going up anytime soon? I saw the two on chris iws' channel, but there were alot of games there that I'd like to watch again, was hype tourney

Sorry about the delay in the videos. I'm trying to get a pile of job interview stuff dealt with before I go to Cannes, and the preparation for Cannes, so I'm a little swamped at the moment. Doesn't help that my laptop has a delightful habit of turning off whenever it overheats (which happens almost any time video editing becomes involved).

I'll try to have them up before Cannes, but no promises.

yeah i am still waiting for the video of me and chris was fighting, gouke reminded me of my focus fighting with him.

CHRIS upload the vid please mate :(

This sairus vs chris is good. Funny to watch rose's meter gain in it. I noticed sairus was diong alot of chip ex fbs, and you can see why he can when you look at the giant chunk of meter rose gets for just an fb. Good zoning/spacing from sai and a sweet backjump punish with raging bull in there too. Also ex upward punch to ultra.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_MLDlrD0U4

Shokashi wrote: »
    yeah i am still waiting for the video of me and chris was fighting, gouke reminded me of my focus fighting with him.

CHRIS upload the vid please mate :(

Bad news, the cam died midway through the second game

I started dieing with a cold while waiting in the airport last night, so I'm going to go back to bed instead of uploading these matches today.
    Sorry about the delay and please be patient for another bit!

Playlist of the matches I have up so far. 3 or 4 more to go. Should I put up the game and a half I have of Shokashi and I?

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL01414464A3246D38&feature=view_all

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭prenelf

ah damn, the prefect. That... that hurt. :(

I know how you feel, as the grand final shows. What goes around comes around :P
    Chris IWS wrote: »
    Should I put up the game and a half I have of Shokashi and I?

You may as well sher. What else will we watch instead of working?

• Advertisement

Hey Sairus, did we get a video of any of the Marvel matches? I know it was just you, me and Benson, but some of the guys might like it.

Advertisement