Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Caterers for a large event - any suggestions?

Options
  • 06-01-2012 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm hoping to organise a week's worth of lunches for the Junior World Championships in Ultimate Frisbee that will be on in Dublin in August. We're expecting ~ 1000 people to attend, aged 17-20. The venue will be providing breakfast and dinner every day but we're looking to do something different for lunches.

The hope would be to get caterers or food vendors in to set up stalls, sell their own produce for the week and to look after their own money on site. We're ideally looking for healthy food - pasta, sandwiches, salads, etc but some less healthy options could be considered too.

Has anyone here got experience with this kind of thing - either organising or catering? Does anyone have any suggestions where to start looking for suitable vendors/companies?

Thanks,

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

Hey Rob,

Sounds great, I only found out there was such a thing as ultimate frisbee a few months ago :) What date in August is it?

Re: Catering. Not sure if this is any help but the only catering people I've ever dealt with are withtaste when I was living in Dublin last year. As far as I know they'd come out to most places in the Dublin area. Where were will this be on?

They were great to be honest and couldn't fault them - was lucky to get them to be honest, they are fairly popular.
    Great at listening to your ideas aswell and give great advice too.

Sure give em a ring and see if they can help ya out, it's 01 626 8293.

Let me know how you get on, hope you find what you're looking for. Good luck!

Ok, just saw they've a website too: http://www.withtaste.ie/withtaste/Main/Home.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

Why don't you talk to some of the vendors who work the Temple Bar food market on Saturdays and the market on the Canal on Fridays.

Advertisement